PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Nanny

irish2themax
09-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Altonk, Yazz and I rode Route 209 from Hot Springs NC to Maggie Valley NC (great road by the way) On the way, we had to get on I40 for a short stretch which we intentionally overshot at first in order to try a "back road" which turned out to be a Dead End, so we had to turn around and go back. The on ramp to I40 was banked for entry coming the other direction and the turn was tight.

I "goosed" my Spyder onto the on ramp and the right wheel came about 4" to 6" off the road for about 2 secs until I let off the throttle a bit

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Up yours Nanny

Bob Denman
09-30-2010, 10:13 AM
So how did it feel riding a two-wheeler once again?? :roflblack: Don't aggravate the Nanny too much, or BRP will just give her more powers...:lecturef_smilie:

Raptor
09-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Altonk, Yazz and I rode Route 209 from Hot Springs NC to Maggie Valley NC (great road by the way) On the way, we had to get on I40 for a short stretch which we intentionally overshot at first in order to try a "back road" which turned out to be a Dead End, so we had to turn around and go back. The on ramp to I40 was banked for entry coming the other direction and the turn was tight.

I "goosed" my Spyder onto the on ramp and the right wheel came about 4" to 6" off the road for about 2 secs until I let off the throttle a bit

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Up yours Nanny

That, Sir, must have been fun!! :2thumbs: That would make a great picture...

Yazz
09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Didn't see the two wheelie action but Irish was full on at the next stop.

A while ago, did a turn on a road bank like that, lifted a wheel high, and got the pucker bad. Was trying not to do it again.

SCORE IRISH!!!:clap:

altonk
09-30-2010, 07:38 PM
As I remember even the interstate qualified as a twisty on that ride

:2thumbs: ride it like you stole it Irish

SpyderWolf
09-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I lifted the wheels a little bit quite often on The Dragon, but one of the times the left front came up high enough to throw the entire weight of the Spyder off. I felt it starting to roll more than it should, and dove for the handlebar while cutting back on the throttle. Luckily it set back down on the pavement, and I had no desire to experience that feeling again. :shocked:

Some Guy
10-01-2010, 11:44 AM
As I remember even the interstate qualified as a twisty on that ride

:2thumbs: ride it like you stole it Irish

:agree:

Between the wall on your left, the semi-trucks on your right and speeding like a bat-outta-h3ll, it's a pretty interesting ride! :yikes:

mtdoragary
10-01-2010, 08:33 PM
"Flying the car" is a rite of passage amongst sidecar enthusiasts. You guys have now done the equivalent with the Spyder.

krb1945
10-02-2010, 07:53 AM
When you lift a wheel... use your "air brakes":spyder: :roflblack::roflblack::ohyea:
they'll work every time. There is nothing quite like lifting a wheel on a three wheeler. Ride 'em safely folks! Ken krb1945