PDA

View Full Version : 2sided exhaust

DragonLorD
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi guys, hope no one gets into arguments in this one like happend in my last thread about loud pipe:gaah:

1.- i would like to have a pipe on each side of my Spyder and i couldn't find anyone doing that piece which would allow such a set up but i know magician who is able to do it for me. what differrence if any will it make , what should be i aware off ?

2.-:helpsmilie: i had my Spyder serviced/repaired recently and since is back i noticed that performance isn't as used to be by far . when i twist a throtle let say at 60 - 70+ miles on 5th gear, revs go up so engine reacts immediately but acceleration starts couple of seconds later and is kinda slow, is not as crisp as used to be. I contacted mechanic and he guessed that might be software issue and will check it when serviced(i am in Ireland, closest dealer in UK). When on highway, 5th gear, 80+mph, twist throtle, revs up , no acceleration, crossed 7k rpm and orange engine control came up, lowered rpm below 7k, control light went away, twisted throtle again, revs went up no problem all the way, acceleration not so much but control light never came back on again. And all this process is happening even when i downshift to 4th or even 3rd. Any idea what it could be?:dontknow:

3.- got nice new handle grips to install tmrw, tricks & tips anyone?

i also would like to thank you all guys for helping and sharing, thank you very much.:2thumbs:

ataDude
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
evoluzion.com used to sell a two-into-two splitter for dual sided exhausts... I don't think they do, anymore.

I made eight to ten sets of exhausts for my Spyder (when I had it) and the ones I liked the best were the last... two-sides, true duals, with GSXR-1000 cans.

Ken (krb1945) also has made duals using Goldwing cans.

It can be done but it is neither cheap nor quick... at least for me. Here's the post on mine:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=78971&postcount=116
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=1313
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=1311

Hi guys, hope no one gets into arguments in this one like happend in my last thread about loud pipe:gaah:

1.- i would like to have a pipe on each side of my Spyder and i couldn't find anyone doing that piece which would allow such a set up but i know magician who is able to do it for me. what differrence if any will it make , what should be i aware off ?

2.-:helpsmilie: i had my Spyder serviced/repaired recently and since is back i noticed that performance isn't as used to be by far . when i twist a throtle let say at 60 - 70+ miles on 5th gear, revs go up so engine reacts immediately but acceleration starts couple of seconds later and is kinda slow, is not as crisp as used to be. I contacted mechanic and he guessed that might be software issue and will check it when serviced(i am in Ireland, closest dealer in UK). When on highway, 5th gear, 80+mph, twist throtle, revs up , no acceleration, crossed 7k rpm and orange engine control came up, lowered rpm below 7k, control light went away, twisted throtle again, revs went up no problem all the way, acceleration not so much but control light never came back on again. And all this process is happening even when i downshift to 4th or even 3rd. Any idea what it could be?:dontknow:

3.- got nice new handle grips to install tmrw, tricks & tips anyone?

i also would like to thank you all guys for helping and sharing, thank you very much.:2thumbs:

jnt
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't have all the info, but your acceleration problem sounds more like slipping clutch than a software issue? Do you have SM or SE? Either way, a service tech should be able to tell. I would suggest not over-revving it till you get it checked out.

krb1945
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
This is the link to the one I did... a lot of time consuming work and expensive to do.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14936

boborgera
09-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I agree with jnt's post, Check your clutch.
It just might be slipping.

DragonLorD
09-30-2010, 06:13 AM
my is SE5, how can i check a clutch?:shocked:

I agree with jnt's post, Check your clutch.
It just might be slipping.

Rolffe-of-Six
09-30-2010, 06:54 AM
I saw these on you tube. Interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb1SfL9FkF0

NancysToy
09-30-2010, 06:55 AM
my is SE5, how can i check a clutch?:shocked:
You can't...neither can the SM owners, since the clutch is not adjustable. Have your dealer check it. If you were subject to the clutch recall, it could have been installed wrong. If not, there are several other possible causes. Also, be sure you are using the correct type of oil. Use of API-SM or ILSAC GF-4 oils will cause clutch slippage. Beware of the new Shell Rotella 5W-40 that is on the Walmart shelves. It is rated JASO-MA, but is also an SM oil meeting ILSAC GF-4. These are opposites, so who knows what it really is?

venom
10-01-2010, 12:49 PM
i purchased ken's last set of pipes a year ago

Bob Denman
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Since I don't know anything at all about mechanical stuff I hope that somebody here can re-assure me that the heat coming off of that extra pipe isn't gonna cook the belt...:shocked:

ataDude
10-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Since I don't know anything at all about mechanical stuff I hope that somebody here can re-assure me that the heat coming off of that extra pipe isn't gonna cook the belt...:shocked:

Never had a problem with mine. It was designed to ride about 2" lower than the belt.

If you want to be concerned, take your plastic off and see how close the headers are to the gas tank (at least on the GS/RS)! ;)

chris56
10-02-2010, 01:21 AM
there is a german company doing a 2in1 exhaust ...
http://www.sixmonkeys.de/

chris

Bob Denman
10-02-2010, 07:21 AM
...I had to ask...I'm coming out of a snowmobiling background... with those big tuned two-stroke pipes that needs LOTS of clearance... :yikes:

DragonLorD
10-02-2010, 12:56 PM
:yikes:wow, this is just perfect, how on earth did you find them Germans? I saw on youTube French Guys with 2sided on but could not find them anywhere. Now i have to find someone who speaks German:gaah: .
Thank you very much:2thumbs::firstplace:

ooh, sorry, i only noticed now that you are in Austria, my bad. I am from Slovakia myself but living in Ireland 6th year now and loving it here.

there is a german company doing a 2in1 exhaust ...
http://www.sixmonkeys.de/

chris

Raptor
10-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Well I've dispatched an email to Six Monkeys for info on their system. Hopefully I will get a quick answer. :yes::yes::yes: :D:2excited:

Yeah mahn, that dual exhaust setup looks very good. I did not see an "H" pipe though. Perhaps they do something at the cross-over point to ensure even pressure across pipes...

I gotta say though, of all the setups I have seen to date I like ataDude's setup the best! That was artwork.

Raptor
10-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I also asked for more photos of the headers too. I will agree with you on ataDude's system :2thumbs: but he won't sell it, I've already asked. :(

Dooh! If I were him, not sure I would either! I sure hope the Six Monkey folks respond to you, the exhaust system very tight. But that is not the only item that seems interesting to me. Makes me want to learn German! :D

DragonLorD
10-02-2010, 06:18 PM
have you got a link where i can see ataDude's dual?:hun:

Yeah mahn, that dual exhaust setup looks very good. I did not see an "H" pipe though. Perhaps they do something at the cross-over point to ensure even pressure across pipes...

I gotta say though, of all the setups I have seen to date I like ataDude's setup the best! That was artwork.

ataDude
10-02-2010, 06:22 PM
have you got a link where i can see ataDude's dual?:hun:

What... you're not reading your own thread? :yikes:

See post #2 (right below your #1) above. :gaah: :D

ataDude
10-02-2010, 06:27 PM
...I gotta say though, of all the setups I have seen to date I like ataDude's setup the best! That was artwork.

... I will agree with you on ataDude's system but he won't sell it, I've already asked. :(

Dooh! If I were him, not sure I would either!...

That's because once the steering issues are addressed... and tested for a while by you kind folks... I'll probably be back in :pray:. I don't want to have to build another set... I'm too lazy nowadays.

BTW... I never got around to building a cross-over on my pipes... I liked the discreet sound from each side versus a "blended sound" with a cross-over. I wouldn't worry about possibly not having one on the German pipes.

SpyderGirl
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I saw these on you tube. Interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb1SfL9FkF0

I want! But only if it'll work with my Corbin saddlebags installed. That sounds AWESOME!! I was actually thinking about getting a HMF pipe.

mooneych
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
My '08 RS came with duals when I purchased it with 700 miles. It has a nice low throaty sound. Unfortunately, I have no idea what header or exhaust system is on the bike. If anyone lives in the northern Virginia, southern Maryland or DC, or transiting through, please PM me and I'll be happy to have you look at it. :dontknow: