PDA

View Full Version : DPS UPDATE

SPYDERGUY1
09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Finally got my ride back late yesterday. Managed to go for a short blast. If nothing else it definetly feels different. Weather to be nice this weekend, will go for a long ride and post results.:dontknow:

sabunim5
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Got mine back yesterday too. So far I have only ridden home from the dealership and to work this morning. I guess I will be the odd man out and say that I don't notice any difference. I was not having problems with my old DPS unit, but it was my second unit. First DPS malfunctioned at around 12k miles. Doing my 18k mile service in a few days.

SPYDER4FUN
09-29-2010, 11:41 AM
:thumbup:

Picked my spyder up last night ... I do feel it is more 'responsive' in the steering. I never had a problem with the old DPS but I do like this feel .. also got the 12K service done at the same time, so she is running good :ohyea:

FANG
09-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Picked mine up from the dealer yesterday afternoon. First thing I noticed was that the little play that had been present when I would turn the bars was gone. I had always had a little "click" that occured after turning the bars right or left when starting out - that was not the case now just smooth and felt like the steering was engaged.

I also was more responsive to the touch when I got out on the road. Kind of like it was to ryde the first time I was on the spyder. I found that I needed to relax my grip and shoulders even more. Smooth ryding after that.

:2thumbs: BRP thanks. :clap:

Dudley
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Picked mine up from the dealer yesterday afternoon. First thing I noticed was that the little play that had been present when I would turn the bars was gone. I had always had a little "click" that occured after turning the bars right or left when starting out - that was not the case now just smooth and felt like the steering was engaged.

I also was more responsive to the touch when I got out on the road. Kind of like it was to ryde the first time I was on the spyder. I found that I needed to relax my grip and shoulders even more. Smooth ryding after that.

:2thumbs: BRP thanks. :clap:

Hopefully all the positive responses will ease the skeptics. This 2G DPS is the best thing BRP has done for Spyders, IMO.

FANG
09-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Hopefully all the positive responses will ease the skeptics. This 2G DPS is the best thing BRP has done for Spyders, IMO.

:agree: 100%

bikeguy
09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
+2 :agree: as well.

Cotton

Jornie1
09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
I got my RT with new DPS back on 28th. The job was expertly done at East Tennessee ATV in Elizabethton, TN. The management there was kind enough to allow me to watch the entire process. Thank you Jason, and Michael. I was duely impressed. I had no problems with my original DPS but I can definitely feel a difference in the DPSII. Smoother, and more sensitive. Kim's RT is there today getting her's updated. Way to go BRP...Len

gpthree
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
I got my Spyder back last night and rode about 20 miles home. I never experienced any problems with it, but now I'm wondering if something was wrong the power steering originally because it feels totally different now. The steering is a lot more responsive at highway speeds. Before it felt like I was in a groove and it took a small amount of effort to switch lanes. Now if feels like I can do it with one finger, lol. I'm not sure which way I like it. It will take a bit to get used to the way it feels now. The ride does feel smoother now though.

SPYDERGUY1
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
had the new dps installed, and it is definetly different as compared to previous unit. no effort at all to turn /steer. nice weather today and decided to do a long run to check things out and before the snow flies ans stays. 33 KM FROM HOME AND THE VSS/CHECK DPS AND LIMP HOME starts scrolling across cluster, pull over and try reset relays and the key trick, it went away till about 45km, this time could not get rid of it, so back home I come. WISH i NEVER GOT IT DONE, but it is a recall, so back to the shop tomorrow.:gaah::gaah::gaah:

SPYDERGUY1
10-03-2010, 06:39 PM
anyone else had this type of problem ????????????:helpsmilie:

stormtrooper
10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
had the new dps installed, and it is definetly different as compared to previous unit. no effort at all to turn /steer. nice weather today and decided to do a long run to check things out and before the snow flies ans stays. 33 KM FROM HOME AND THE VSS/CHECK DPS AND LIMP HOME starts scrolling across cluster, pull over and try reset relays and the key trick, it went away till about 45km, this time could not get rid of it, so back home I come. WISH i NEVER GOT IT DONE, but it is a recall, so back to the shop tomorrow.:gaah::gaah::gaah:

That SUCKS have no problems with old DPS.Now will get new DPS and I will have to knock on wood every time I ride I guess. :gaah:

SPYDERGUY1
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
took the spyder in today after work again, this is the second one the dealer has seen with the same issue and about the same mileage, they claim the first one was a 40 amp fuse under the seat that caused the problem, my fuses are all good. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM , will wait to see and hear what they come up with this time ??:gaah:

docdoru
10-04-2010, 07:35 PM
took the spyder in today after work again, this is the second one the dealer has seen with the same issue and about the same mileage, they claim the first one was a 40 amp fuse under the seat that caused the problem, my fuses are all good. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM , will wait to see and hear what they come up with this time ??:gaah:
They need to follow carefully the BRP instruction to replace the 2nd generation DPS, including the turn on and off the key 5 times and clear the active faults.

SPYDERGUY1
10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Doc, would you not think being DEALER TECH'S, they would have their poop in a group and follow the procedure ? Oh F*#@ like i said will have to wait and see what they come up with. Thanks.:gaah: