PDA

View Full Version : Biketoberfest 2010 Daytona Beach - Who's Going?

SpyderWolf
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I just wanted to start a thread to find out who is planning on going to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. It is being held from October 14-17 this year. I am not sure whether I will be able to make it yet or not, but am definitely hoping to get down there for at least 1 or 2 days. Perhaps there will be a good group of Spyder Ryders and everyone can meet up somewhere down there.

altonk
09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
If I can get away from the office I might. My daughter lives in Jacksonville so I could stop in and visit

Maybe we can hookup for the last stint down there

LDFIREWORKS
09-28-2010, 08:49 PM
:2thumbs::clap::spyder:welcome:2excited:

MouthPiece
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll more than likely make it over for a day or two. Although I don't drink anymore, I sure do love the fried shrimp at "Our Deck Down Under" in Port Orange. Any takers?

Chris PE # 0004

WackyDan
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm grounded. Spyder running like crapola...and the wife and baby to be are going to be in hospital at that point. Time to play "grown up" for a few months.

SpyderWolf
09-29-2010, 05:42 AM
I'll more than likely make it over for a day or two. Although I don't drink anymore, I sure do love the fried shrimp at "Our Deck Down Under" in Port Orange. Any takers?

Chris PE # 0004

I don't drink either, but definitely love fried shrimp and getting together with Spyder friends. I will let you know as the day gets closer.

I'm grounded. Spyder running like crapola...and the wife and baby to be are going to be in hospital at that point. Time to play "grown up" for a few months.

That is completely understandable. I am wishing you the best with the baby, and being a grown up for a while. :thumbup:

dave01
09-29-2010, 07:42 AM
ME...ME...ME :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

bodymanpainter
09-29-2010, 08:03 AM
The wife and I will be there!:2thumbs:

MoonChaser213
09-29-2010, 08:17 AM
I'll be in Daytona for Octoberfest, don't know about Port Orange. What day is that?:doorag:I would love to meet some fellow Spyderlovers

MangoMike
09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Pick a day Chris and we might be able to make it. Shrimp and Spyder friends sounds like a winning combination.

Mike

musicarcade
09-29-2010, 08:28 AM
I just wanted to start a thread to find out who is planning on going to Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach. It is being held from October 14-17 this year. I am not sure whether I will be able to make it yet or not, but am definitely hoping to get down there for at least 1 or 2 days. Perhaps there will be a good group of Spyder Ryders and everyone can meet up somewhere down there.

I'll need to check my sched. once I get back to work next week:D.
It's unlikely I have that time off, but if I can make it work, maybe we could finally take a ryde together.:thumbup:

WizardMaster
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
I will be leaving with the Rig on the 9th. Will be setting up again at Destination Daytona down by their Coca Cola Pavilion. If anyone wants us to bring any accessories down for them, please let us know and I will bring it marked with their name on it!:2thumbs: Stop by and say hellowelcome

BikerDoc
09-29-2010, 03:25 PM

I will be there for at least friday. not sure about other days yet bikerdoc

johnnyg
09-29-2010, 04:25 PM
We will be there on sat at the BRP set up { 1 PM } on the west end of the speedway this is our first :spyder2: meet there. We loved the smokies an the RT lived up to what we hoped for. John &Carol

docdoru
09-29-2010, 05:10 PM
15 and 16...:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
09-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I'll need to check my sched. once I get back to work next week:D.
It's unlikely I have that time off, but if I can make it work, maybe we could finally take a ryde together.:thumbup:

Let me know if you can get the time off, it would be cool to ryde there and back together. As I stated earlier, I may not be able to make it myself but am really hoping I can.

MoonChaser213
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
If we're just out and about walking around, how will we spot one another? I'm not wearing the purple rubber spider on my head again.:shocked:

effgjamis
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
If all is well I will be there.. It is such a long long way for me..

MoonChaser213
09-30-2010, 07:49 AM
OK I'll be looking for spyder patches and Lamont's BBQ tshirts. ......

MoonChaser213
09-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Forrest, if you wear that charming green outfit, I'll be sure to find you!!

Lamonster
09-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Thinking about it. :dontknow::popcorn:

RShrimp
09-30-2010, 09:43 AM
There is nothing on my calendar yet so it's a maybe!

SpyderWolf
09-30-2010, 07:12 PM
It may be easiest if we decide on a time to meet at the BRP set up at the speedway. Could have a possible meeting time there for each day, and whoever happens to be there will get to meet each other, and figure out where they want to go from there. :dontknow:

MoonChaser213
09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
It may be easiest if we decide on a time to meet at the BRP set up at the speedway. Could have a possible meeting time there for each day, and whoever happens to be there will get to meet each other, and figure out where they want to go from there. :dontknow:

http://www.kandoadventures.com/wolf/spyder/sig.jpg
I think that's a great idea.

Lamonster
10-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Just got my room across from the track. I'll be there or at ESI all three days. I'll mostly be at the BRP tent answering questions about the RT. Hope to see you there. :doorag:

SpyderWolf
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Let's set a meeting time of 1:00 PM each day at the BRP set up at Daytona International Speedway. Because of traffic and other considerations, we should give everyone who wants to meet there until 1:30 to show up before heading off to do whatever the group decides to do that day.

I think that would probably work out best for everyone, then you are not locked into showing up for 1 particular day or anything like that. Hopefully there will be a decent size group of Spyder Ryders showing up there each day. :thumbup:

spyderbob
10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I will be at there at least one day but if anyone wants to take a nice ride we have a place in Astor FL on Blue Creek on the St Johns River and would love to have spyders lovers come and enjoy the old FL.
We have a boat if you would like to take a ride. We have plenty of parking and can plan a get together if any would like. Astor is about 30 miles on 40 nice ride and in the Ocala National Forest. Maybe Moonchaser could bring some barb e que.

MoonChaser213
10-01-2010, 07:56 PM
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN :2thumbs: of course not a lot of pulled pork is going to fit in the trunk of my Spyder and bears will be chasing me all the way. On second thought , I'll come visit you and then you can come ryde to Salt Springs and eat at the Hungry Bear. What do ya think? Have to go meet the infamous Lamonster in Daytona. fun , fun , can't wait.

mtdoragary
10-01-2010, 08:25 PM
My wife and I will be there. She on the Spyder, and I on the Road King.

dave01
10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I'll be there. Just look for me. I will be on the black RTS

spyderbob
10-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Moonchaser may be on the bike tomorrow where is your barbegue place will come and vist.

spence
10-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I am so there for the fest but it's hard to connect with the Spyder Ryders of jacksonville if you know any send them to my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001204486670

SpyderWolf
10-07-2010, 08:31 PM
welcome spence!

It looks like I will be a go for Biketoberfest now. I am planning on heading down to Daytona on Friday, October 15, and will be coming back home early on Sunday, October 17. I will be able to meet people at the speedway on Saturday for sure, and possibly Friday as well.

I also contacted Reggy from TricLED and he is going to be there as well. If anyone is interested in any of the lights he has, send him an email message and he should be able to bring them to you at the track. This would at least save you any shipping costs. You can send the email to sales@tricplate.com .

So, we know that ESI Cycle Products and TricLED will be at Biketoberfest, will any other sponsors be there? :dontknow:

MouthPiece
10-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm gonna head over there on Friday. Will be at the BRP site prior to lunch time. As I said in an earlier reply, I'm hungry for some fried shrimp. Will also try to make it on Saturday.

Chris PE# 0004

SpyderWolf
10-07-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna head over there on Friday. Will be at the BRP site prior to lunch time. As I said in an earlier reply, I'm hungry for some fried shrimp. Will also try to make it on Saturday.

Chris PE# 0004

Fried shrimp on Saturday sounds good to me. Then again, fried shrimp sounds good to me anytime. :D Hope to see you there.

groundeffect
10-08-2010, 04:56 AM

Hi Micheal. That is a long ryde for me and I've already have my big trip (Magog) this year, so maybe next year for me.

Safe travels and fun for all that go!:thumbup:
Cheers.
Dean

SpyderWolf
10-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Hi Micheal. That is a long ryde for me and I've already have my big trip (Magog) this year, so maybe next year for me.

Safe travels and fun for all that go!:thumbup:
Cheers.
Dean

Hi Dean, if you ever do decide to ryde down to Daytona from New Foundland let me know and I can at least put you up for a night here. The bad thing is during Bike Week in the spring, you will probably be snowed in so Biketoberfest may end up being your best bet.

Are you going to try to make SpyderFest in MO in the spring? Don't know if you will still have snow then or not.

groundeffect
10-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Hi Dean, if you ever do decide to ryde down to Daytona from New Foundland let me know and I can at least put you up for a night here. The bad thing is during Bike Week in the spring, you will probably be snowed in so Biketoberfest may end up being your best bet.

Are you going to try to make SpyderFest in MO in the spring? Don't know if you will still have snow then or not.

Thanks for the offer and note, Michael, appreciate it! Spring may be possible. The snow can last until April-May here some years. As for now, in the next few weeks I suspect I will be installing my winter-creature comforts on my Spyder and getting ready to ryde through the winter here again.

Cheers!
Dean

MoonChaser213
10-08-2010, 09:15 AM
If you are out and about in my neck of the woods. The 88Hungry Bear BarBQ is located in Salt Springs next to the 88 store just north of Morehead boat ramp in between 314 and 316 on 11 (use to be 88) My spyder is in the shop or else it would be parked out front. Wish I was ryding too. Perfect weather.:f_spider:

SpyderWolf
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the offer and note, Michael, appreciate it! Spring may be possible. The snow can last until April-May here some years. As for now, in the next few weeks I suspect I will be installing my winter-creature comforts on my Spyder and getting ready to ryde through the winter here again.

Cheers!
Dean

You are most welcome Dean.

I got the new front tires put on today, so it should be an uneventful ryde down next Friday. :D

mtdoragary
10-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Rode the Road King to Sanford Bikefest, a prelude to Biketoberfest, a bit down the road from Daytona. Not much happening there, but I saw two black RT's and a yellow RS parked by the waterfront. May swing by tonight on the Spyder

RShrimp
10-09-2010, 02:10 PM
I am set for Daytona. I will be going over on Thursday and staying until Sunday morning.

When is the Spyder meet.

SpyderWolf
10-09-2010, 06:29 PM
I am set for Daytona. I will be going over on Thursday and staying until Sunday morning.

When is the Spyder meet.

Those who want to are going to meet at the BRP set up at the speedway each day at 1:00 PM. Whatever group is there can decide on what they want to do at that point.

johnnyg
10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
My wife and I will be there. She on the Spyder, and I on the Road King.
Hi there I think I saw you sat when you an your wife went by corbon on US 1 going south. johnnyg

MouthPiece
10-10-2010, 07:24 AM
I saw two black RT's and a yellow RS parked by the waterfront

Gary, the two RT's were Annelielani and me. I'm not sure who the yellow spyder with the "spyder decal" on the front was. There were a BUNCH of people that Friday night. I wasn't able to make it there Saturday or Saturday night. Sorry I missed ya.

Chris PE # 0004

SpyderWolf
10-13-2010, 09:15 PM
For those that are going to be in Daytona on Friday, October 15, I am going to see if they will let my Spyder play with the custom choppers in the Boardwalk Classic Bike Show. I don't expect to win anything, but figure it might be a cool place to hang out for the day. The show runs from 11-4, so if you get a chance to swing by be sure to stop and say hi to me. :D

I will be at the BRP set up on Saturday at 1:00 for the meet up as well. :thumbup: