PDA

View Full Version : Someone cares

Mo Lee
09-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Please post your safe arrival home from SITS. I'm sure there is several, however 3 that come to mind by me is Yazz, Threefeet, and RTGene.

RTGENE
09-28-2010, 06:27 PM
made it home------before any serious rain----and that's a good thing.
I did have a delay in leaving the Red Roof Inn----
I had two trees growing out of the RT and brochures stuck in every crack.
It took forever to put them back in the correct place on the rack ----- I wonder who may have done that.

BumbleBee
09-28-2010, 06:41 PM
It took forever to put them back in the correct place on the rack ----- I wonder who may have done that.

Not me! Check with SomeGuy and Firefly, they were up to no good :lecturef_smilie::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

We made it home 9 minutes before Mo Lee :yes:
Frooze our behinds off, cut 2 hours off our time (were we speeding?) :yikes: :spyder2:

NancysToy
09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Perhaps you reap what you sow. :roflblack:

JohnE
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Left after the BBQ Sat. Stopped in Nashville Sat night. Finished trip to Miss. On Sunday. No rain, lots of wind Sunday. Great trip

SpyderWolf
09-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Love2Ride and myself made it home safely on Saturday evening.

We left Mountain Motorsports at 11:30 AM, to make the ryde home.

bonehead
09-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I was looking for Yass myself, we left the motel at the same , she said 3 days to get home, but she was headed to a whole lot of rain:dontknow:

Trickie Dick
09-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Left Saturday morning early. Got home about 2. Nice cool ride. Just a touch of rain. Nice to see everyone. Had a great time.

WackyDan
09-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Made it Home Saturday evening. Left Mountain Motorsports at 4:!5 when it started sprinkling. Thought I would race the rain east but ran into a batch climbing the mountains, and another east of Asheville.

Tell you what, I-40 is a serious water course in the rain. I forgot about that. I've run the Spyder through some serious rain and standing water before, but the standing water on I-40 through the mountains is deep! Determined that the Spyder fronts after 12k are a bit more hydroplaney... and the new Kuhmo I put on feels about the same as the Kenda in standing water.

Other than a jeep that splashed me with a wall of water there were no hairy moments and I was generally passing traffic. I still think the cagers must either think I'm nuts or that the Spyder is an awesome machine in the rain. I also passed numerous bikes that pulled over under the bridges... Again, I hope they are thinking how awesome it would be to have a great ride like the Spyder for the rain.

Oh.. yeah...Obviously I made it home safe.

SpyderSteve
09-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Not me! Check with SomeGuy and Firefly, they were up to no good :lecturef_smilie::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Frooze our behinds off, cut 2 hours off our time (were we speeding?) :yikes: :spyder2: I made it home about 6.30 Sunday nite and :agree: With the SomeGuy and Firefly quote, SomeGuy left me a present in my luggage :yikes:

rogerb
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Visited relatives of mine in Tenn Sunday and Monday. Left yesterday morning and got home today. Good call missed all the rain that hit the East coast all the way to Maine. Great time at SITS. Time to start planning for Cuba in the spring. :2thumbs:

8LEGS
09-29-2010, 11:55 PM
I made it home about 6.30 Sunday nite and :agree: With the SomeGuy and Firefly quote, SomeGuy left me a present in my luggage :yikes:

Was it the whip he used on you :yikes: I thought I heard you screaming. :roflblack:

pitbull
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Its bad when your new bike sets long enough trees start growing up in it and peolpe start tring to hang stuff on it huuummm ........to funny:yikes:

SpyderSteve
09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Was it the whip he used on you :yikes: I thought I heard you screaming. :roflblack: :helpsmilie: What happened in Gatlinburg stays in Gatlinburg :spyder:

RShrimp
09-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I left Red roof inn Sunday morning about 9:30am Straight down 441 in the rain. I was going to hang for a couple more days but checked the weather and made my escape. Had the rain suit on all day but really just light rain for the most part. I called it a night in Gainesville around 8:30pm when I saw big storms still in Tampa area. A dry ride home on Monday morning! Spyder ran great in the rain. It likes the cooler temps.
It did get "rear wheel steering" (rear hydroplaned)at about 55-60 in the deep water but it felt very controlled.

SpyderWolf
09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear more people made it home okay, and are checking in. :thumbup:

ThreeFeet
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I finally left Gatlinburg at 0930 Sunday IN THE RAIN and WALL TO WALL BUMPER TO BUMPER traffic leaving Gatlinburg thru Pigon forge!!! Took me 2 1/2 hrs to get to 40!!! Then stayed with friends in Clarksville. Left there Monday but not till after 9 and so couldn't get home till the next day. RAN OUTA SUN!!! I tried my darndest to catch up with it tho!!!:sour: Sooo now have the tent hanging in the trees to dry out.:roflblack: Finally got the laundry done. Am doin good!!! Got a new to me RT S and the RED on it is EXCEPTIONAL!!!!( it's a 2010 but looks like an 11) Sooo Beautiful day so will get it out and go bug Cowtown. They have my "baby" se5 in the shop for Dps and oil problem. All getting fixed as usual. They are the BEST!!!! think I will have to change my name from ThreeFeet to SixFeet!!! ( Personally I am only 5'1"!!) Thanks to all who were thinking about me I appreciate it. But don't worry I usually get going EVENTUALLY!!! Just geting kinda slow in my old age!!! :2thumbs::ohyea: Oh and today Ricky Len had surgery on his knee and he's doin OK!!! :firstplace:

Firefly
10-02-2010, 02:14 AM

Frooze our behinds off, cut 2 hours off our time (were we speeding?) :yikes: :spyder2:

You didn't see nutin, you can't prove nutin!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Now SOMEGUY on the other hand--- has a long demented history of doing such things! :roflblack:

Yazz
10-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Now SOMEGUY on the other hand--- has a long demented history of doing such things! :roflblack:

:agree:Someguy does have a demented side to him. But in other ways he is a babe in the woods.:opps::roflblack:

Got home yesterday and trying to put off doing the laundry...

Some Guy
10-02-2010, 09:50 AM
You didn't see nutin, you can't prove nutin!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I'm totally innocent! Well...maybe I should say "not guilty". :D

:agree:Someguy does have a demented side to him. But in other ways he is a babe in the woods.:opps::roflblack:

Me? Demented??? Well...hmm...maybe, but I eat my hot dogs with buns! :roflblack:

I hear "someone" who shall remain nameless - 8Legs - got a pretty funny picture of me that night!

Some Guy
10-02-2010, 09:52 AM
:helpsmilie: What happened in Gatlinburg stays in Gatlinburg :spyder:

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

8LEGS
10-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I hear "someone" who shall remain nameless - 8Legs - got a pretty funny picture of me that night!

Huh, what? I did what? What picture? :D

8LEGS
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/tmmorg01/someguy.jpg

:2thumbs::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
10-05-2010, 09:21 PM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/tmmorg01/someguy.jpg

:2thumbs::roflblack:

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Thanks for the laugh!

8LEGS
10-05-2010, 10:29 PM
:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

Thanks for the laugh!

No problem, I have more .......... :2thumbs:

Some Guy
10-06-2010, 08:11 AM
No problem, I have more .......... :2thumbs:

My only reason for existing in this cold, cruel world is for your amusement! :D

You're lucky, I've got pics of you that I can't post on this family-friendly site! nojoke (and for you freaks out there...not THAT kind of pic!)

8LEGS
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
My only reason for existing in this cold, cruel world is for your amusement! :D

You're lucky, I've got pics of you that I can't post on this family-friendly site! nojoke (and for you freaks out there...not THAT kind of pic!)

I can only imagine. :yikes::roflblack::roflblack: