PDA

View Full Version : Fall color ryde?

retread
09-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Anybody here interested in a fall color ryde? We're working on one, it'll be in Brown County mostly, and probably longer than the spring ryde was. Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

john

Trickie Dick
09-28-2010, 07:40 AM
:2thumbs: I'm in:thumbup:

SpyderFun
10-02-2010, 03:37 PM
When in the fall?
Have a date yet?
Good thing I have my Corbin heated seats if needed! LOL

retread
10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Well, a lot depends on if I can get parts to get the Spyder where it needs to be, checking more places tomorrow.

john:gaah:

Trickie Dick
10-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, it looks like just the 3 of us. Why don't we shoot for the 16th.

retread
10-06-2010, 10:03 PM
16th might work, parts for mine won't be in till late next week, then I've got to put 'em in. It's in pieces in my garage right now.

john

SpyderFun
10-06-2010, 11:47 PM
16th looks wide open for me!

John are you going to be able to put the bike back together by then? Would another day be better??

Just let me know (PM) time and place to meet up!

-Mike

retread
10-07-2010, 06:33 AM
If the parts get here, no problem, otherwise, I'll be in my truck.:gaah:

john

Trickie Dick
10-07-2010, 08:41 PM
16th might work, parts for mine won't be in till late next week, then I've got to put 'em in. It's in pieces in my garage right now.

john
What's going on with the Spyder? What parts? Did you wear it out at Gatlinburg?:roflblack:

retread
10-07-2010, 10:27 PM
The usual y-pipe gaskets and some other things I discovered when the tupperware came off. Surprise.. picked up the parts today, probably save it back together tomorrow. How about Bernie's BBQ, on 135 just north of Morgantown, around 11AM on the 16th? I'll have to check what time they open.

john

SpyderFun
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
May need a little more than that for the GPS! LOL

Trickie Dick
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
May need a little more than that for the GPS! LOL

I know where it is. I will be coming around 465 on the west side and will be happy to meet you some place and we can ride down together.

retread
10-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Bernie's is on 135, left side (east), just barely north of the city limit sign for Morgantown. Went on a pre-ride ride today; question, should we stop a Appleworks? They've got fresh cider.

john

Amanda B
10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Crap...wish I would have been checking the Indiana board more often I just saw this tonight. I kind of gave up checking it because there wasn't anything new on this board for awhile. If I didn't have plans already I'd be there! I was wanting a fall ride in Brown County anyway.

Trickie Dick
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Amanda, nice to hear from you. I have been wondering how things are going since your incident with your neighbor.
I wish you could join us Sat. but understand. Maybe we can plan another one soon in Brown county if the weather holds. I am always us for a ride down there.

John, what time did you decide to meet. I assume you are picking Deb up since you want to meet so far south.:dontknow:

Amanda B
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I've been catching up on sleep and getting yard work done before the lady comes back. I ended up sick this past week probably because I was stressed out to begin with. I changed all my door locks on Saturday and wouldn't you know it I locked myself out. All the keys were on the kitchen table, I had no money, no ID, no cell phone...NADA!! I had to call a locksmith, and he couldn't get me in. I was outside 3 hours while sick waiting. He had to go to Lowe's and get a new knob. It's been a rough month!!

On the bright side, the neighbor apparently painted her entire jail cell white recently so she'll be in a little longer. How she got paint in her cell and painted the entire thing without someone noticing I'll never figure out! :dontknow: I guess she really likes white paint!!!

Hopefully, I can do at least another meet/ride this season though!

retread
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
John, what time did you decide to meet. I assume you are picking Deb up since you want to meet so far south.:dontknow:
Debbie's going to her niece's wedding, family only, so I'm ryding.
We could meet at the BP, but Bernie's opens at 6 AM, don't know about their breakfast, but the BBQ is real good, and if somebody wants to show up from south, it gives us more time to ride. Figure Lick Creek to Helmsburg, down to the south side of Nashville, to 135 south toward Story, but turn on Carpenterville and loop east and south and play it by ear from there. If there's enough time, maybe Shoals for a catfish sandwich.

funon3
10-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Just got back to Indy after being gone to my summer cottage for the past 4 months and found this post. I would sure be interested in joining the group for a color ride if the weather holds. My Spyder sat in a garage all summer and needs some exercise before the snow flys. Keep this post up to date to verify the 16th as locked up. Dick, I would be happy to meet up with you and ride down together.:2thumbs:

Trickie Dick
10-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Just got back to Indy after being gone to my summer cottage for the past 4 months and found this post. I would sure be interested in joining the group for a color ride if the weather holds. My Spyder sat in a garage all summer and needs some exercise before the snow flys. Keep this post up to date to verify the 16th as locked up. Dick, I would be happy to meet up with you and ride down together.:2thumbs:
Welcome back, Tom, Wondered where you were this summer. Let's ride down together Saturday morning. We can meet a little closer than the last time:roflblack:. I just got a PM from John and he wants to meet in Bargersville at 9:30 so we should leave here around 8:30. Lets meet at Blockbuster on 86th and Ditch. Ok
I PM'd Mike in Danville to see if he wants to meet on 465 and ride down with us as well.

8LEGS
10-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Sure wish I could go. :( Hope you have a safe ryde, take plenty of pictures !!!!

Trickie Dick
10-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Sure wish I could go. :( Hope you have a safe ryde, take plenty of pictures !!!!
Wish you could be there also. Maybe later this month or early Nov. Amanda can't make it this Saturday either and she wants to do a Brown County ride also. Maybe we can schedule something that you both can make. Let us know if you have a free Saturday.

retread
10-12-2010, 08:08 PM
If the weather holds, after the park stops charging, we'll do a park ride.:2thumbs:

john

funon3
10-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Welcome back, Tom, Wondered where you were this summer. Let's ride down together Saturday morning. We can meet a little closer than the last time:roflblack:. I just got a PM from John and he wants to meet in Bargersville at 9:30 so we should leave here around 8:30. Lets meet at Blockbuster on 86th and Ditch. Ok
I PM'd Mike in Danville to see if he wants to meet on 465 and ride down with us as well.
Dick, sounds like the weather should be good on Sat. as a bonus and I am ready to get some riding in so will plan to meet up with you at Blockbuster at 8:30 on Sat. See you then. Tom

Trickie Dick
10-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Dick, sounds like the weather should be good on Sat. as a bonus and I am ready to get some riding in so will plan to meet up with you at Blockbuster at 8:30 on Sat. See you then. Tom
See you Saturday. Time may change due to another commitment but will let you know if it does.

Trickie Dick
10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I got my schedule worked out all is a go for Saturday morning. Tom, I will meet you at 8:30 at Blockbuster unless you want to meet here at the house. It would be a little quicker to jump on 465 from my house but I'll go either way. Let me know.

funon3
10-15-2010, 11:29 PM
I got my schedule worked out all is a go for Saturday morning. Tom, I will meet you at 8:30 at Blockbuster unless you want to meet here at the house. It would be a little quicker to jump on 465 from my house but I'll go either way. Let me know.
Don't know if you will get this, Dick but will leave our meet at Blockbuster since I didn't check the computer yesterday and hate to screw things up this late. Tom :shocked:

Trickie Dick
10-16-2010, 06:00 AM
Don't know if you will get this, Dick but will leave our meet at Blockbuster since I didn't check the computer yesterday and hate to screw things up this late. Tom :shocked:
:thumbup:

retread
10-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Pretty good ryde today, good company, good weather, good scenery, good roads, makes me want to do it again.

john

Trickie Dick
10-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Lets have a rerun. OK, 8legs and Amanda, when can you be available?

bonehead
10-17-2010, 08:22 AM
we can go next Sunday, coming from Cincinnati:popcorn:

Amanda B
10-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I can pretty much ride most Saturdays (so far) and Fridays also. I do have to work on Friday October 29th though.

retread
10-17-2010, 07:49 PM
we can go next Sunday, coming from Cincinnati:popcorn:
Next ryde will be in November, probably through Brown County State Park, unless somebody else comes up with one. We'll be posting date and meet place.

john

8LEGS
10-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Lets have a rerun. OK, 8legs and Amanda, when can you be available?

I know I'm scheduled to work the next two weekends :mad: that's as far as the schedule is made for.

Trickie Dick
10-18-2010, 07:11 AM
I know I'm scheduled to work the next two weekends :mad: that's as far as the schedule is made for.
Ok, we'll try to work around your's and Amanda's schedule. Let us know as soon as you know. Why don't you just retire like John and I. That way you have a lot more free time:ohyea:.
I think retread is going to check on the closing date at the state park down there so we can ride int he park for free. According to him, there are lots of good roads and it's not so far down.
BTW, how's the knee?

Amanda B
10-21-2010, 06:58 PM
If I win the Lottery, I'll retire...unless that happens I have to work hard for decades before I can retire (like most people). I would love nothing more than a life of leisure though!

Anyone got the winning lottery numbers for the next draw???? I try really hard to win, I must be doing something wrong:dontknow:.

retread
10-22-2010, 04:18 PM
NO WONDER Indiana ca't get members to ride, they wont let any body else in there plans? I guess and the wife and several others will ride someplace else. :gaah:
Right now, we don't HAVE any plans, when we do, they'll be posted, how much lead time do you need?

john

Trickie Dick
10-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Refer to post 32, bonehead.:lecturef_smilie:

bonehead
10-23-2010, 09:14 AM
we can go every other weekend, starting this weekend:popcorn: