PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Dealers Near Charlotte, NC

Rolffe-of-Six
09-27-2010, 05:30 PM
My first post to this forum. I'm a Spyder hopeful. For those near Charlotte, NC, what's been your experience with the Can-Am dealers in the area:
1- Alpha Motorsports (Rock Hill, SC)
2- Mathews Fun Machines (Mathews, NC)
3- Lake Norman Power Sports (lake Norman, NC).

I'd appreciate any feedback regarding your experiences with these dealers.

Big Arm
09-27-2010, 06:11 PM
welcome Rolffe-of-Six :2thumbs:

hevnbound
09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
My first post to this forum. I'm a Spyder hopeful. For those near Charlotte, NC, what's been your experience with the Can-Am dealers in the area:

Recently changed to Lake Norman Power Sports. They did my 12,000 mile service. Service writer Joey, has a great attitude and willing to help. She volunteered to help me get my new DPS recall unit.

From this first experience, they have my vote.

phantom13lady
09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
I had an experience and near-experience in the Charlotte area last October. I was heading to Florida when my DPS went out. I was closer to the Matthews dealership and made a call at 9am. At the time, I didn't know the extent of my troubles.
I was informed that "that guy that works on them Spyders ain't here today. You can bring it in and we can look at it, but we can't fix it." :gaah:
I was advised from my LOCAL dealer nearly 100 miles away to contact Lake Norman Power Sports, which was 15 miles in the opposite direction.
I called and they said come on over.
They connected my SPYDER to BUDS and couldn't find any odd codes. Nothing to fix, but I wasn't going to ride another 600 miles with iffy steering.
The great folks at Lake Norman allowed me to leave my SPYDER there for the length of my trip to Florida, as well as helped me get a rental car for my trip.
If you need a repair shop in the Charlotte Metro area, get in touch with the folks at Lake Norman.
If you're in the Winston-Salem area and need assistance, call Diane at Honda of Winston-Salem.

canam9
09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
welcome :ani29:

fastfraser
09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
welcome very important to have a good dealer !

WackyDan
09-27-2010, 11:49 PM

I live in Matthews, and here is my take. I've spent significant time at both Matthews Fun Machines and Lake Norman Power Sports.

1- Alpha Motorsports (Rock Hill, SC) During pricing, they had an equally competitive bid compared to Lake Norman. That has been my only experience with them. They seem to want to sell spyders at a competitive price.

2- Mathews Fun Machines (Mathews, NC) Their pricing was way high compared to the other two dealers and they were not willing to come down so I did not buy from them. Their parts department is top notch though, and I may let them do my DPS recall. They are all good people over there, but you have to remember they do a lot of volume on the other makes. I used them for my inspection, and they took me right in and I was out the door in 45 minutes.

3- Lake Norman Power Sports (lake Norman, NC). I bought mine here, and Susan and crew are also great to deal with. I've had all the service work I can't do done at Lake Norman and they've been pretty good to me. I've ran into a few people that have had bad experiences with them buying and taking delivery of their spyders. I trust Lake Norman more than other dealers as they only sell BRP and I make the assumption that they at least know the Rotax and DPS better than any other dealer. EDIT: They also became a Givi dealer so I could get my bags at time of delivery and benefit from the tax break.

The only reason I may let Matthews Fun Machines do my DPS is because I've gotten to know them much better over the last several months, and they are only two miles from my house versus the 25 of Lake Norman.

I think we are lucky to have some decent dealers here in the Charlotte area. I think you should shop prices at all three and let them know it.

Finally, I'm not sure where you live in the Charlotte area, but I invite you to call me personally to talk about the Spyder, or I can meet you and give you the grand tour of mine. It will go a long way to help you feel comfy with the purchase and the local dealers. PM me.

2Gunns
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Bought my RT-S from Alpha Motorsports in Rock Hill, SC and have taken it back to them for all my service work since.

When I first began looking at the Spyders, I called Mathews Fun Machine since they were the closest dealership. They gave me the impression that they could care less if I bought from them or not. I also called Alpha, totaly diffenrant first impression and while an additional drive, that's where I went for my test ryde (driving right past the front door of Fun Machine). My impression of Alpha Motorsports has not changed...Greg and the guys will treat you right.

I have not dealt with Lake Norman, but I have only heard good things abut them.