PDA

View Full Version : $50 deductible?

tweeder
09-22-2010, 11:58 PM
I got charged a $50 deductible at my last servicing, what is that all about?

fastfraser
09-23-2010, 04:29 AM
Was it for warranty stuff, do you have a service plan, are you out of warranty and using the B.E.S.T. Warranty ? If you are using the B.E.S.T. warranty then yes the 50 deductible is correct .

tweeder
09-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Was it for warranty stuff, do you have a service plan, are you out of warranty and using the B.E.S.T. Warranty ? If you are using the B.E.S.T. warranty then yes the 50 deductible is correct .

Yes it was warranty stuff. No I don't have a service plan. I'm not sure what part of the warranty I'm on but my 3 year coverage ends next July.

spydsense
09-30-2010, 04:38 AM
the manufacturers warranty is for 2 years. the Best warranty (or extended warranty) is for the next 3 years and yes there is a $50.00 deductible

tweeder
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
the manufacturers warranty is for 2 years. the Best warranty (or extended warranty) is for the next 3 years and yes there is a $50.00 deductible

Why not add it into the price and be done with it? I hate sneakyness.

FANG
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Why not add it into the price and be done with it? I hate sneakyness.

Don't know why you think it is sneaky - it is spelled out in the paperwork you received regarding the B.E.S.T. warranty -- It is not even in the fine print. sorry JMHO!!

NancysToy
09-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Yes it was warranty stuff. No I don't have a service plan. I'm not sure what part of the warranty I'm on but my 3 year coverage ends next July.
If you are in the third year, you are now on the BEST, which has a $50 deductible. There was a promotion that offered an extra year of warranty by supplying a one year BEST contract. You probably bought during that promotion.

wyliec
09-30-2010, 03:22 PM
If you are in the third year, you are now on the BEST, which has a $50 deductible. There was a promotion that offered an extra year of warranty by supplying a one year BEST contract. You probably bought during that promotion.

Once again you are correct. I started out with a 1 year Best, which gave me a total of 3 years. But, I have added 2 more years allowed under the BEST warranty.

jenmom22
09-30-2010, 08:58 PM
$50.00 is a good price to pay for service though, right?

I think I understand the thought of "why?" if I had not read the fine (or not so fine) print - or I had read it a while ago.

anyhoo.

Firefly
09-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Some dealers will waive the $50 deductible--- which was clearly listed in the BEST brochure.

tweeder
09-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Come on, I'm a guy....we don't read. Just don't know why not add it in the price so nobody has to worry about it, that's all.

FANG
10-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Come on, I'm a guy....we don't read. Just don't know why not add it in the price so nobody has to worry about it, that's all.

I'm a Guy too and though I may not read instructions - I tend to look at contracts closely -- it pays to know what is being offered and required. :dontknow:

mxz600
10-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Just don't know why not add it in the price so nobody has to worry about it, that's all.

How could one possibly know ahead of time how often you will need warranty work performed.