PDA

View Full Version : dps recall

texasride
09-22-2010, 05:55 AM
good day all:spyder2: owners
Good news on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. my dealer called and said they had my new dps unit in and where ready to change it out, this was out of the blue because i have just gotten my letter, a big :2thumbs: to Kent power sport in Selma Texas, now this is how a good dealer takes care of the :spyder2: they sell, nothing but :2thumbs: to them. They are replacing them in the order in which they sold them older ones first and newer ones last. I think they have gone above what needs to be done. Ride often and ride safe:yes:the texasride.

CyncySpyder
09-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Great to hear & thanks for sharing. Word of mouth advertising will make or brake any dealership :2thumbs:

TonyMac
09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Yes, Kent Powersports took over my pre-paid maintenance contract when Joe Harrison stopped selling Spyders. So far, I've used Kent twice, once for the DPS recall, and I like the way they work.

Bob Denman
09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
It's good to hear of dealers standing behind the product and making sure that we stay happy customers! :congrats:
My dealer is doing the swapouts in the order that we call in questioning the whole process... (I'm #3 on the RT list) ;) I don't know if that's really fair to the folks who boiught much earlier than I did, but I'm certainly not going to complain!:ohyea:

BAZMAN
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM
new dps to be installed today. i did not receive a letter, i called the
dealer R&S in albuquerque, nm. i was the 1st one on the list even though
i did not buy the spyder from them.[they were not a dealer when i bought
my spyder] i had the upgrades through R&S. they seem to be a very good
dealer. i was not having any trouble with old dps, but i only have a little
over 5000mi on my 2008 rs. i will let you know if there is any changes with the new dps after i pick my spyder, and ride for a while.

Spyderman01
09-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I asked my dealer if I could take an RT demo for the 2 hours that they need to replace the DPS and he said he would check with the GM and call me back....that was 2 hours ago.......