PDA

View Full Version : Got to fight a bs careless driving ticket, need some spyder brake info

SethO
09-16-2010, 05:45 AM
One of the guys I work with got railroaded into writing me a ticket, I have to go to court and fight this ticket, here is the situation

The old lady used to be a MP in the miltary and says I accerate past her house which is in a 30mph to 55mph transition zone, she did not see me and is worried I would run over her grandkids which I have never seen in the road or hit a dog.

Was wondering if someone had some citable info on braking from 55mph to 0 and the traction control citiable page and article about how well the spyder avoids accidents.

She has to come in a tesify and I do not know if she really is going to do this, again the morning she got me citied she did NOT see me just says she heard me.

SpyderAnn01
09-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Good Luck!

qasamm
09-16-2010, 07:17 AM
So you were sited for something no one saw or has proof you actually did? I'm no lawyer but it seems like it will be thrown out and never should have been written up.

pjp623
09-16-2010, 07:22 AM
:hun: Sounds really bogus to me with no proof that it was you or how fast the individual in question was going.

musicarcade
09-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Curious how she'll prove you are reckless in your driving and that you are driving a speed that is not reasonable and prudent, if she doesn't see you.:dontknow:
Seems that if she hears your Spyder without seeing you that it would be even more difficult for her grandkids (or a dog) not to hear you coming and get out of the street....

...you hooligan:D

LittleJohn
09-16-2010, 07:24 AM
:agree:

frank3
09-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Maybe she just wants you to get a new muffler:roflblack:

docdoru
09-16-2010, 08:56 AM
She needs to proof with certificate from an MD-ENT expert in audiology showing that she can discriminate a sound in the street traveling with 55 mph versus 30 mph. :thumbup:

stpd0021
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
As a police officer here in MI, I guess I just dont understand the Ticket.....Did the ticket say reckless or careless driving???? Did an Officer see you driving????

Maybe in other states its differant but here in MI the Officer is going to have to see you speeding or doing somthing reckless to issue that citation., Let us know i am interested in this.........

IWN2RYD
09-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Additionally... By any chance do any of your videos that you have posted on this or any other forum show your driving? You know... Like blasting past a 35 mph sign at 50+??? Video is worth just as much as an officer being a witness...

I am dead serious...

NancysToy
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
As a police officer here in MI, I guess I just dont understand the Ticket.....Did the ticket say reckless or careless driving???? Did an Officer see you driving????

Maybe in other states its differant but here in MI the Officer is going to have to see you speeding or doing somthing reckless to issue that citation., Let us know i am interested in this.........
That confused me, too. I was beginning to think that I didn't understand the law, as it applies here in Michigan. Something like this would open the door for every crackpot who had a grudge against anybody. I'm interested, too...........

dave01
09-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Same here in Fl. It has to be witnessed by the citing officer or its just hear-say. I had the local PO called on me by a neighbor across the street because she said I was driving my Quad up and down the street. Not allowed in Fl. The officer showed up and asked me about it. I showed him what I was riding.....our riding mower with the deck removed, running on c-12 fuel. He laughed and asked us to keep it off the street.
CASE CLOSED
PS...The mower did some awesome wheelies.

ataDude
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM
... I showed him what I was riding.....our riding mower with the deck removed, running on c-12 fuel...

PS...The mower did some awesome wheelies.

Hooligan alert! :yikes: :D :yikes:

Dudley
09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
One of the guys you work with wrote you a ticket? Where were you when he wrote the ticket? Were you riding the Spyder, sitting at work? Something here doesn't match up, or whoever wrote you up doesn't know his job. No police officer will write someone a ticket on someone's word. It's a waste of time and will not hold up in court. If he did not see you committing the act he has no right to write the ticket.

boborgera
09-16-2010, 07:55 PM
About 15 years ago, In an alternate merge situation ,This guy claimed i hit him [with my car] on purpose and then left the scene of the accident.
He went to the Police, and insisted they write out two citations, Which they [begrudgingly] did. The Officer didn't signed them the civilian had to.
Went to Cort i won ,But it was one very aggravating experience.:gaah:

Firefly
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Well--- this is quite interesting.

In Michigan, if the officer that wrote the ticket is a no-show on court day---- ticket is thrown out. So maybe you can get the officer buddy that was forced into writing you up to skip out on court that day--- ;)

You could introduce the pics of your blown exhaust-- or bring one of them in with you and use that as reason you may have been louder than usual that day.

I think without seeing you--- they're crazy----

BUT------

I will tell you that tickets most certainly CAN be written without the officer seeing you!

How do I know?

Because last year I got someone busted and he lost his license due to me calling the cops.

Here's what happened--- high school kid--- dead of winter with plow on the front of his truck-- decided to drop it on the road doing 45 mph and toss snow into the opposing lane--- numerous times. Pissed me off something bad as this was way dangerous-- he was causing a complete whiteout on the busy road.

I followed the kid (and 2 other cars of his pals) for a good 7 miles--- until they pulled into one of the kids' homes. I just drove past and got plate numbers and a good look at the actual driver doing the plowing.

Called the cops and reported it, but the kids left soon after as it was lunch break and I later found out they were heading to our local vo-ed center for the rest of their school day.

Didn't think much of it.... but later that afternoon I get a call on my cell and an officer wants to talk to me. I tell him what happened and he instantly knew what kid I was talking about. Then I gave him exact times, where he dropped the plow, what he looked like, where I followed them to, etc.

The kid had a long history of doing crap like this and just got his license back. The cop said he was pulling the kid out of class, writing him a ticket and he will lose his license again. He said I might need to go to court to testify, but they are going to strongly recommend he not try and fight it.

Sorry for the hi-jack---- but they can write tickets on what citizens see.

Of course she didn't see you!

Good luck bro!

SpyderWolf
09-16-2010, 09:48 PM
She needs to proof with certificate from an MD-ENT expert in audiology showing that she can discriminate a sound in the street traveling with 55 mph versus 30 mph. :thumbup:

If police officers have to calibrate their radar guns, then she better have proof that her hearing is calibrated.

SethO
09-16-2010, 10:54 PM
the report has interview on it of what she said, there are very big holes on if she saw me or heard me, I have had other people bitch about me being too loud which I can understand at 615 am but this lady is worried about me hitting a schoolbus (like I would do anything to it but be dead)

She also states that she used to be a MP in the military and got out in 92,

She said I drive on that road everyday but never pass cars but drive faster when there is no one in front of me.

IN MN you can get citied but the people have to come in and testify to this AND be able to prove it.

Some other asshat cop got this lady up in arms about bitching about me. So I got written up for people compaining about my "speed" so that is were is comes from, I get yelled at from time to time and IF I get gunned down by someone I work with then that is price you pay for "public track fees" but this was a bull**** deal and now I have to go to court for it IF she wants to show up. I have a cop buddy that is going to push me into court with a blanket over me and it my one lung voice I will plead my case.

Firefly
09-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Sure sounds like this old MP gal needs a hobby-----

Good luck!

You coming down to the BBQ?

RoadHammer
09-17-2010, 12:21 AM
you'll beat this Seth, don't worry about it

NancysToy
09-17-2010, 07:24 AM
I hope you kick her butt in court...if it comes to that. The cop, too, for that matter.....

I have never seen any test data or propaganda on the Spyder brakes. They aren't outstandingly strong anyway (head and shoulders above others), so that might not be a good defense anyway. Besides, relying on good brakes for a defense implies that your speed is excessive enough to need them. Whatever you do, I'd choose a different route to work, if you can.

SpyderWolf
09-17-2010, 10:03 AM
I hope you kick her butt in court...if it comes to that. The cop, too, for that matter.....

I have never seen any test data or propaganda on the Spyder brakes. They aren't outstandingly strong anyway (head and shoulders above others), so that might not be a good defense anyway. Besides, relying on good brakes for a defense implies that your speed is excessive enough to need them. Whatever you do, I'd choose a different route to work, if you can.

I would lean more towards the fact your Leo Vince exhaust system is blown out it is making you sound like you are running a lot faster than you actually are. The Spyder is louder now than it was before, so it sounds like you are at her house before you really are. Her ears have not been calibrated, nor have her eyes, to properly detect the speed of a vehicle on the roadway. It is not so much of a speed concern, as it is a noise concern. The fact that she has not seen you passing other cars may also help your case, as that might lean more toward careless or wreckless driving if you were.

boborgera
09-17-2010, 10:31 AM

He'll win,
The Cop had no choice, If the Women insists he has to write the ticket,
but SHE has to sign it and appear in court' not the cop. I'll bet it's a case of you annoy me I'll annoy you.
Sometimes loud pipes bring unwanted attention.

Firefly
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

I would lean more towards the fact your Leo Vince exhaust system is blown out it is making you sound like you are running a lot faster than you actually are. The Spyder is louder now than it was before, so it sounds like you are at her house before you really are. Her ears have not been calibrated, nor have her eyes, to properly detect the speed of a vehicle on the roadway. It is not so much of a speed concern, as it is a noise concern. The fact that she has not seen you passing other cars may also help your case, as that might lean more toward careless or wreckless driving if you were.

:agree: And the sound will vary depending on what gear he is in-- just how would she know he wasn't still in first gear @ 35mph hitting 8,000 rpms ?

NancysToy
09-17-2010, 03:02 PM
:agree: And the sound will vary depending on what gear he is in-- just how would she know he wasn't still in first gear @ 35mph hitting 8,000 rpms ?
..........just to tick her off! :roflblack:

irish2themax
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Sounds like it's time for a Spyder Rally in MN :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Sounds like it's time for a Spyder Rally in MN :roflblack:

:2thumbs: Only those with loud pipes though, and straight down that street in 1st gear only. :roflblack: