PDA

View Full Version : tall man

Questions
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
i love the spyder. i am 6"4 255 and thinking about buying a spyder rss do you think that is to small for me? and when is it the best time to buy a bike

bonehead
09-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Go to dealer and demo one. gotta have a license/helment. you can get foot rest too strecth out on.

boborgera
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
i love the spyder. i am 6"4 255 and thinking about buying a spyder rss do you think that is to small for me? and when is it the best time to buy a bike

To small for you, NA. There are bigger Spyders riders out there.
As far as when is the best time to buy a bike,
When you got the money :D Money talks,

hacksquat
09-23-2010, 08:25 AM

I'm 6' 4" and weigh 260 lbs. I have a Spyder RS. I have no problem riding the bike. I haven't been on any really long rides. I will say that my next mod will be the handle bar risers so I can sit up straight. I have the stock foot pegs and have no problem with my foot placement.
As far as best time to buy.....If your looking to purchase a used one, I'd say the next month or two would be a good time. If your looking to buy a new one, my experience with a dealer is that they won't haggle much. Thanks to the world wide web, I found a bike that was 1,000.00 cheaper than my local dealer. It was worth the drive.
Good luck.

Brevet05
10-24-2010, 10:52 PM
:agree:I'm 6'6", nearly 230, and have ridden both the RS and RT for the past year. The RS isn't out of the box comfortable for longer rides, but there are aftermarket seat and riser mods that will help significantly. If you decide to buy one, feel free to PM me and I'll tell you what I did for my RS.