PDA

View Full Version : Fog light question

musicarcade
09-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I've been thinking about getting a set of BRP Foglights.
If I did, do I have to purchase the $99 harness as well?

It says in the catalog that the harness is needed for the HID lights, but make no mention about if you need the harness with just the OEM lights.
:helpsmilie:

ARtraveler
09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
I recommend the harness. We put it on both our 08 and 09 when we had the fog lights installed. Did not have any electrical problems that some people had reported earlier. Im sure that you will be hearing from the technical experts for more information on the subject.

Capt John
09-14-2010, 02:30 PM

It says in the catalog that the harness is needed for the HID lights, but make no mention about if you need the harness with just the OEM lights.

I don't think you do. Check out this thread....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5886&page=2

Magic Man
09-14-2010, 02:30 PM
You will only need that harness if you have the BRP HID head light kit.

If you have the "stock regular" head lights than the fog light kit has everything in it you need to install.

MM

musicarcade
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks MM!
Will I need a harness if/when I enentually upgrade to your HID lights?

Magic Man
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks MM!
Will I need a harness if/when I enentually upgrade to your HID lights?

No with our HID kit you will not need that harness.

You will only need it if you switch to the $1200 BRP HID kit.

MM

musicarcade
09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks again!!:bowdown:

bruceofthebronx
09-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Don't know if you would consider drilling holes in the front storage box but I installed a pair of Platinum Burner fog lights from Walmart (rated higher on the web than P--A) for less than $20. They do a great job, holes were easy to seal and I saved a ton of money. Let me know if you need any more info. By the way, I know I owe u a Root Beer in a frosty mug but can't make SITS. If a gal by the name of Angie offers to buy u one, I've asked her to do me that favor. Ride safe and have a great time.

BLACK WIDOW
09-15-2010, 08:46 AM

I have the BRP fog lights and if I had it to do over I wouldn't have bought them. There are some very good after market options available at a much lesser cost.nojoke

cjackg
10-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I have the BRP fog lights and if I had it to do over I wouldn't have bought them. There are some very good after market options available at a much lesser cost.nojoke
I have heard this before, but have yet to identify a source for fog lights or kits that fit into the RT fog light area. I am taking delivery of an RT-AC this week, and will soon be looking for (non-BRP) fog lights. Anyone have some specifics to help us ?

bone crusher
10-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Hold on...that's not fair...

Many of us bought the bike before there were other options, so at the time, they were a great addition. I still think the BRP fogs are fine...

I'm likely going to add ESI's HIDs as main lights, but for now, I'll leave the BRP fogs...they do a good job...

Raptor
10-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Hold on...that's not fair...

Many of us bought the bike before there were other options, so at the time, they were a great addition. I still think the BRP fogs are fine...

I'm likely going to add ESI's HIDs as main lights, but for now, I'll leave the BRP fogs...they do a good job...

So do I. Mine came with 14, and they are great. I think the head lights are good too. I'm sure the HIDs will be much better, but they are going to have to wait. Cost! :gaah:

fastfraser
10-05-2010, 06:38 AM

:agree:+1 .I have ESI HID lights that are very bright and never use the fog lights, would much rather of had the extra flow of air through the vents . I have since added the ESI day runners .