PDA

View Full Version : My DPS Recall Experience

ntxYguy2009
09-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

I dropped off my 2009 GS SE5 to have the DPS recall service performed. I stopped by after work to pick up the Spyder. As I was backing up the Spyder in the dealership lot, the check DPS message appeared on the display. :gaah:

The technician immediately hooked it up and informed me that it reported a defective DPS and would install another one tomorrow.

In the meantime, the owner gave me a new '10 RT to ride home. This was my first time to take an extended ride on the RT. I must say that it does handle and respond differently than the RS. I could easily get use to the comfort. Like others have mentioned, the throttle does get some getting use to. I will definitely have to stay away from the sales guy tomorrow when I return it. ;)

Couldn't ask to have been treated any better. My hats off to Richardson Motorsports in Richardson, TX.

David

Some Guy
09-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems...it sounds like your dealer treated you excellently. :thumbup:

M2Wild
09-14-2010, 06:34 AM
That's a dealer who knows what "selling" is all about.:thumbup:

Trickie Dick
09-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Man, he "Puppy Dogged" you. It's working too, isn't it. :yikes:

boborgera
09-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

I dropped off my 2009 GS SE5 to have the DPS recall service performed. I stopped by after work to pick up the Spyder. As I was backing up the Spyder in the dealership lot, the check DPS message appeared on the display. :gaah:

The technician immediately hooked it up and informed me that it reported a defective DPS and would install another one tomorrow.

In the meantime, the owner gave me a new '10 RT to ride home. This was my first time to take an extended ride on the RT. I must say that it does handle and respond differently than the RS. I could easily get use to the comfort. Like others have mentioned, the throttle does get some getting use to. I will definitely have to stay away from the sales guy tomorrow when I return it. ;)

Couldn't ask to have been treated any better. My hats off to Richardson Motorsports in Richardson, TX.

David

That is a smart dealer, If all dealers would give out loners there would be a lot more Spyder sales. My Spyder's working on two weeks now in the shop, After being in the shop the whole month of July.
I'll bet that when you have a loner your Spyder would get repaired quick.
As a matter of fact when you have their loner they'll call you when your Spyder is ready instead of the other way around.

Dochands
09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
It would be worth the two and half hour ride and hotel room to get treated like that. :ohyea:

irataylor
09-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Yea that is my service department also. Great guys. I haven't called them yet on the DPS. I had a "new" one replaced recently, so I am not in a hurry for the latest and greatest. I plan on getting my belt tension reset to the new specs at the same time. So I will give them a call and see when is the best time to take my chariot in.

ntxYguy2009
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
That is a smart dealer, If all dealers would give out loners there would be a lot more Spyder sales. My Spyder's working on two weeks now in the shop, After being in the shop the whole month of July.
I'll bet that when you have a loner your Spyder would get repaired quick.
As a matter of fact when you have their loner they'll call you when your Spyder is ready instead of the other way around.

:roflblack:

They already called this morning and informed me that my Spyder was repaired and ready to pickup. :2thumbs:

David

fastfraser
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Didn't they road test your :spyder2: after the DPS install ?

:2thumbs:Good of them to give you the use of an RT .

widowmaker2011
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Didn't they road test your :spyder2: after the DPS install ?

:2thumbs:Good of them to give you the use of an RT .

Can't believe anyone hasn't started the "gee the "new design" DPS unit is just as good as the old DPS unit" crap....uh oh......looks like I just did...:roflblack:

nudle
09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Dan did you get your :spyder2: dps fix yet. got a call today to get mine done.

BajaRon
09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Awesome! There are some really good Spyder dealerships out there. It is a shame that they can't all be as good as this. But we'll take every one we can get! :thumbup: