PDA

View Full Version : Cool trunk and work light, I forgot I had these

Magic Man
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I was doing some fall cleaning in the garage this weekend and came accross some really cool little lights I got from Pep-Boys that I forgot I had.

They are made by a company called BOSSCO and they also have some really other neat lights there too.

http://directory.pten.com/profile/10095891/Bossco_International

Anyway, I had one of these in my trunk on the RTS and it worked GREAT for seeing into it's "balck hole" of a trunk at night.

The swivel base works great and it is also magnetic! The light part actually adjust up and down too.

I used two faced tape to tape a large washer inside the trunk and then just used it's magnet to stick it on to the washer, allowing me to quickly remove and use it elsewhere as needed for a quick little light.

Like I said, I bought these at Pep-Boys here in Albany and they were actually cheaper than on-line! I think I paid about 4 bucks each for them at Pep-Boys.

I don't know if all Pep-Boys stock them? But if you google BOSSCO Hi-Beam you can find them in several on-line stores.

I have one mounted in the "frunk" on the SM5 too, and works great there as well. :thumbup:

MM

dave01
09-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Man, You had me skeered there for a minute. I thought you came out with something else and the race between Bumblebee and I was on:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Finally mounted the ISCI front brake kit. Still need a little bleeding, but it is sweet.:thumbup::thumbup:

canam9
09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Now I know what the washer is for. :D I've got these lights and was just going to use the two sided tape. :ani29:

wyliec
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
I was doing some fall cleaning in the garage this weekend and came accross some really cool little lights I got from Pep-Boys that I forgot I had.

They are made by a company called BOSSCO and they also have some really other neat lights there too.

http://directory.pten.com/profile/10095891/Bossco_International

Anyway, I had one of these in my trunk on the RTS and it worked GREAT for seeing into it's "balck hole" of a trunk at night.

The swivel base works great and it is also magnetic! The light part actually adjust up and down too.

I used two faced tape to tape a large washer inside the trunk and then just used it's magnet to stick it on to the washer, allowing me to quickly remove and use it elsewhere as needed for a quick little light.

Like I said, I bought these at Pep-Boys here in Albany and they were actually cheaper than on-line! I think I paid about 4 bucks each for them at Pep-Boys.

I don't know if all Pep-Boys stock them? But if you google BOSSCO Hi-Beam you can find them in several on-line stores.

I have one mounted in the "frunk" on the SM5 too, and works great there as well. :thumbup:

MM

Is there some underlying message here?

Magic Man
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Is there some underlying message here?

Yea.

It's a cool little light, works really well, is fairly cheap to own and easy to get.

I really liked how it worked on my RT, and as canam9 says, now he knows why there was a washer taped inside the trunk on the the RT I sold him.

MM