PDA

View Full Version : turn signal indicators on dash

obiwanbill
09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
tired of the one generic flasher for both sides? I just bought and installed two green LEDs off Ebay. $24.99 + shipping.

You pop off the speedo/tach and the wires for the turnsignals are right there. 4 quick splices and drilling two hole in the dash vents and I was done.

I was having trouble getting the speedo tach off:helpsmilie:...owner of this company in Norwalk Oh, sent me a note via email asking if I got them and did the install go well?:helpsmilie:I wrote him back with not being able to get the speedo/tach off and he gave me his phone number (on a Sunday!) and said he'd walk me thru it(on a Sunday!).

You really have to push down thru those upper slots to pop the plastic spring clips on the tach/speedo. Once that was out of the way, the job was a breeze. It also works with the 4 way flashers and the reverse gear.:2thumbs:

Look up can am spyder---advanced turn signals...he's offering a 5 yr warranty:doorag:

Big Arm
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I did my dash turn signals a yr. and half ago after continually not self- canceling my signal after a taking a slight turn-off street near my home. I hated that "generic flasher for both sides" :gaah: Mine are the red LEDs and the green LED is wired in to show when the fan turns on.
Your install looks real nice. :2thumbs:

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc325/larryspic/spyder/dash1.jpg

SpyderGirl
09-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I did my dash turn signals a yr. and half ago after continually not self- canceling my signal after a taking a slight turn-off street near my home. I hated that "generic flasher for both sides" :gaah: Mine are the red LEDs and the green LED is wired in to show when the fan turns on.
Your install looks real nice. :2thumbs:

How much clearance is there behind the panel just on the lower left and right sides below the gauge cluster? I want to install two 12v cigar aux ports on mine but wasn't sure if there was enough clearance to do so.

I like the light for when the fan kicks on. How did you wire that?

Clean install BTW. :2thumbs: