PDA

View Full Version : Shop Manual VS Service Manual

poolratt
09-11-2010, 07:53 AM
What's the difference between these manuals and which one is the best to have around my shop to help me with my Spyder service and mods etc.? Thanks, Ricky

Firefly
09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
What's the difference between these manuals and which one is the best to have around my shop to help me with my Spyder service and mods etc.? Thanks, Ricky

I think people are just using different terms for the same item.... some call it a shop manual--- others call it a service manual.

McGone
09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
The cover calls it the ROADSTER SHOP MANUAL

SpyderFun
09-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Shop or Service is like Pepsi or Coke (imho)?

Seems you can purchase different "Shop/Service" manuals. BRP publishes one (this is the one the dealer techs use) and then there are other "after market" manuals. The choice is yours....either should provide you the info your seeking.

1VENOM
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Potato, patado its all the same. If you do not mind, here is my opion on this. I purchased the manual on Ebay from Midwest Manuals. The other seller of manuals is selling a copy of Midwest manual but Ebay won't do anything about the other seller.
Anyway the DVD is very good and he ships quickly.

ataDude
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Potato, patado its all the same. If you do not mind, here is my opion on this. I purchased the manual on Ebay from Midwest Manuals. The other seller of manuals is selling a copy of Midwest manual but Ebay won't do anything about the other seller.
Anyway the DVD is very good and he ships quickly.

Sooooo... Midwest steals BRP's intellectual property and that's OK but if someone else does it, that's wrong?

Just askin'. :ohyea:

Firefly
09-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Sooooo... Midwest steals BRP's intellectual property and that's OK but if someone else does it, that's wrong?

Just askin'. :ohyea:

Exactly. I'm not sure how any of these places are getting away with selling a copy (electronic or otherwise) version of the manuals.

From a legal standpoint, they would need an agreement to distribute from BRP.... which I doubt they have.

golfman
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Midwest has a site where you can download the manual immediately. I have been using it and it has been sufficient so far.

pjp623
09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
:agree: I don't know how legal it is, but it certainly gets the job done.