PDA

View Full Version : Quick ?? from a Newbie

Papa
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Picked my RT SE5 up last month. I stopped by the shop today to discuss the 600 mile service and asked about the DPS repair I read about on this forum. He said I would need to wait for my letter and owner package to arrive.

Any idea how long it takes to get the owner package?

BTW . . . . thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. It really makes a big differnece when you are just starting out. You are a great group of people. :2thumbs:

Wheeler~
09-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Picked my RT SE5 up last month. I stopped by the shop today to discuss the 600 mile service and asked about the DPS repair I read about on this forum. He said I would need to wait for my letter and owner package to arrive.

Any idea how long it takes to get the owner package?

BTW . . . . thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. It really makes a big differnece when you are just starting out. You are a great group of people. :2thumbs:

:congrats: and welcome
65aed230-2b3a-48d3-bd62-c3feaa26f076

Brevet05
09-10-2010, 12:58 PM
I think that BRP sends them out quarterly, so it could be as long as three months, but not longer than that.

dave01
09-10-2010, 04:40 PM
No reason to have to wait for the owners package. Your serial number is on your paperwork and thats all you need. My dealership is doing them right now without the letters from BRP. All they have to do is look up which spyders are included.

madozier
09-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't get the owners package comment. All that I can remember is it included a DVD, code for owners to register on spyderryder.com and the information cards to hand out.

Gotta pickup my RS tomorrow after its 600 mile service. I hope that my dealer is going to make me wait on the letter and not hold it hostage until a new DPS is installed.:spyder:

sealfloorboards
09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the :f_spider: gang. You're right, we are a great bunch of people. I find that out every day when I here from other :f_spider: owners or need help. Good luck on your problem, I ride a RS SE5.

Ride safely,

John
Seal FloorBoards

Remember, when you ride a motorcycle, you are the "designated driver".

millers1
09-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Picked my RT SE5 up last month. I stopped by the shop today to discuss the 600 mile service and asked about the DPS repair I read about on this forum. He said I would need to wait for my letter...

Yup.. same thing I was told.

Dudley
09-10-2010, 08:48 PM
No reason to have to wait for the owners package. Your serial number is on your paperwork and thats all you need. My dealership is doing them right now without the letters from BRP. All they have to do is look up which spyders are included.

From what I read on the BRP post, ALL Spyders are included...no serial numbers required to qualify.
Talked to my dealer today and I am first to get it if I want it. They will make it happen when I schedule.