PDA

View Full Version : Finaly!!

SpyderSteve
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
After 15 Months finaly got g/f to go for a ryde around the block:clap: Little did she know that my idea of a block turns into 10 [15 minutes] But she admitted she had fun :clap:and told me when i return from Spyders in the Smokies she might be willing to check out the fall colors [1 hr north] :2thumbs:

docdoru
09-09-2010, 07:48 PM
:2thumbs: :congrats:

Florida Rev
09-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Been riding since I was 16, been married 38 years. Wife has never been on the bike, ever. Oh well, the only complaint she had when I bought my Spyder was that I paid cash and she was unaware that I had stashed so much cash away.:shocked:

k3232668
09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
:2thumbs: :congrats:congrats Steve, thats all it takes is that first ride and then they are okay and actually start to enjoy riding with you. Just dont do anything to scare her for the first 5 or 6 rides.

Erags
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
My better half gets upset if she isn't with me when I get the spyder out. I should drive the pickup to work, and leave the spyder at home. i don't think she rode a cycle any before we got ours and now she loves it. It is great having her on the back and always in arms reach to hug

SpyderWolf
09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
:congrats: The fun is just beginning. Just be sure not to do any burn outs or anything while she is on the back, or she won't want to be back there any longer. :D

VaughnCat
09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
After 15 Months finaly got g/f to go for a ryde around the block:clap: Little did she know that my idea of a block turns into 10 [15 minutes] But she admitted she had fun :clap:and told me when i return from Spyders in the Smokies she might be willing to check out the fall colors [1 hr north] :2thumbs:

Yeah, that's what happens..... but watch out, (with any luck) you might become a 2 :spyder2: family!

Congrads!!!!
Ryde safe

Cat & Vaughn

StanTheMan
09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey Steve,

Congratulations! We'll have to meet at the local Tim Hortons :)

Have fun riding!

Stanley

ntxYguy2009
09-09-2010, 10:11 PM
:congrats:

David

8LEGS
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
:congrats: Thats Awesome Steve !!!

fastfraser
09-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Be careful what you wish for steve !

Lamonster
09-10-2010, 07:02 AM
That's a start :congrats:

Eraser
09-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Be careful what you wish for steve !
:agree::roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
09-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Ah yes, could be the start of another 2 Spyder family as well. If that happens we will gladly welcome you to the club. :D

Some Guy
09-10-2010, 08:38 AM
:congrats: Steve!

Now you know...pretty soon she'll be telling you to buy a backrest, passenger peg extensions and a more comfortable seat! :roflblack:

Trust me on that one...my g/f (a.k.a. "Some Girl") did that. Then Bumblebee made it worse in Chicago by letting her sit in the passenger spot on her RT! :yikes: Now Some Girl wants me to buy an RT!!! nojoke Thanks a lot Bumblebee!!! :D

ARtraveler
09-10-2010, 11:15 AM
:congrats: on a good start. No burn outs or wheelies for the first hundred miles or so. Beware though--this could turn out to be expensive. She is going to want her own customized :spyder2:. Enjoy, but you have been warned.

Star Cruiser
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM

Very cool - Same with me just about a month ago my g/f went for a ride for the first time (Iv'e had the Spyder for over two years now). She loves it! I told her that if she wanted to head back to the house "no Problem" she ended up haveing a bout an hour long ride and wanted to Ryde more the next day. No long trips yet, but I am thinking maybe "Spyders in the Smokies" for 2011. We'll see......

SpyderSteve
09-12-2010, 10:12 PM
:congrats: Steve!

Now you know...pretty soon she'll be telling you to buy a backrest, passenger peg extensions and a more comfortable seat! :roflblack:

Trust me on that one...my g/f (a.k.a. "Some Girl") did that. Then Bumblebee made it worse in Chicago by letting her sit in the passenger spot on her RT! :yikes: Now Some Girl wants me to buy an RT!!! nojoke Thanks a lot Bumblebee!!! :D Very true 1st thing she complained about was the seat then about rear pegs :gaah: P.S. Thanks everybody else for the great replys :2thumbs: