PDA

View Full Version : DDS MotorSports - Utica, NY - Good service.

WackyDan
09-08-2010, 10:18 PM
So I'm in the middle of a trip. Pit stopped in my home town of Utica, NY to have a new tire put on.

I had verified ahead of time with DDS MotorSports that I could ship them a Kuhmo tire and have it installed. Per plan, my stock rear tire was absolutely ready to be replaced by time I hit Utica. I could have gotten another 500 miles out of it, but it wasn't worth the chance. I had 9700 miles on it and about 6 minor burnouts. - or was that 7 or 8?

I stopped into DDS on Tuesday and they told me to bring the Spyder in at 9am Wednesday morning to change the tire which I did. I waited for maybe and hour and a half or two on Wednesday morning for them to change the tire, and check out my o2 sensor fault codes.

Their fee to mount the tire and swap I felt was extremely reasonable, and cheaper than other dealers I've seen prices from. Belt seems to be perfectly aligned and they were aware of the belt tension bulletin from BRP.

As far as the o2 sensor, it threw a code 3 times on me in two days after I left Erie, PA on Sunday. DDS's tech didn't find anything current code-wise or wrong with the sensor on his first pass. I took the Spyder out for a spin to see friends and within a mile of riding got a check engine light and O2 error.

Back to DDS I went, and they told me they could work on it at 3pm... (It was now 1pm). So I went out to lunch, and returned at 3pm. I was back out the door and on my Spyder at 4:15pm.

Turns out that my Juicebox Pro is causing the O2 error. I suspected that it could be involved, but given my previous O2 sensor failure and that of other owners, I thought it might be the sensor again. Given the JB was causing the error, and nothing was wrong I was charged for 1/2 hour of tech time... Which was perfectly reasonable given I introduced the issue with the JB Pro... At least now I know something isn't right there and need to find a solution. I wouldn't have known for sure if I had made assumptions. Why it took 1100 miles to get the first code is beyond me. I've set the JB to a "zero" map (Stock spyder) and haven't gotten a code yet though I'm sure I'm running lean again.

So a big thumbs up to DDS... They scheduled me the next day for the tire, and really took care of me and didn't charge an arm and a leg. This falls in line with what I've experienced at other dealers when I had issues in the middle of a road trip - granted I had a few days to play with in this case. Seems most understand you are far away from home and don't have days to wait for service work.

DDS is the only sport bike dealer in town now that the other shops closed up. I wish them well, and would recommend them to any Spyder Ryder for service. :2thumbs: