PDA

View Full Version : Two-Club or More Get-together for Next Year?

SilverSurfer
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
For Eric ... and others

I was just noticing Eric's attempts to put together an Ohio based Spyder club and your event in the Hocking Hills State Park area. Did I also note you are establishing a club 'presence' on FaceBook?

I organize a fledgling Maryland-based group on Meetup.com that focuses on ryde events for our mid-Atlantic ryders. I've got 16 members so far, and we mesh with the Maryland Forum on Spyderlovers. I e-mailed you the link to our Meetup.com forum.

This past Spring and Summer, I've been up to PA twice, and after Spyders in the Smokies, will have been down to VA twice with my RT-S PE. On noting your efforts, and how nice both the Hocking Hills and Wayne State Forest areas are, I thought it might be cool to try an organize an event for next year in your area, perhaps HQ'd in Logan, say spanning a long weekend that merges our two groups; and others who wish to jump in. From my area (Baltimore County, MD), it's 389 miles to Logan. If we plan far enough out and watch for conflicts with other major Spyder events, I think we could draw ryders from VA, WVA, PA, MD, KY and Ohio. I'm not saying that it needs to be a huge thing; but an opportunity for 25-50 ryders to get together. I'd bring a sampling of my crowd over (I've previewed the idea with my three most active members). As we get organized, we could get the word out not only on our respective groups, but also through SpyderLovers.com. What do you think?

Consider the idea, Eric. Take a look at our meetup group, and feel free to correspond. I've e-mailed you my direct e-mail and phone. Others in this forum are welcome to correspond.

All the best,

Paul Armstrong
(SilverSurfer)

pierrelogic
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm in! Great idea.

Brevet05
10-24-2010, 10:56 PM
:2thumbs:Sounds great! We'd love to participate. Not sure Eric or Budro saw this, so maybe this bump will help.

bonehead
10-25-2010, 05:26 AM
WE ARE IN:popcorn:

budro
10-25-2010, 06:44 AM
:agree::thumbup::thumbup::2thumbs::clap::clap:----Budro

mrwidget
10-25-2010, 04:51 PM
I would be there

tajohn
10-26-2010, 03:52 AM
We are in....:clap: