PDA

View Full Version : The Elephant Has Left The Building!

Magic Man
09-08-2010, 07:11 AM
DPS problems, it has been a long and hard road, more for some than others.

But I for one am very glad to see after all this time the recall to hopefully once and for all address the dreaded DPS problem. :yes:

I am glad that finally BRP is seeming to be "doing the right thing" in replacing these DPS units that now seem to have had a major design defect all along.

I know this is not going to be an easy recall to do, or to pay for on their end. I can only imagine what the price tag for all this will turn out to be? :yikes:

I'm sure there will be some snags along the way, with parts shortages at first and waits at the dealers to get inline for service. But I think overall it is going to be a very good thing. :clap:

I know I for one am glad to finally see some "light at the end of the DPS tunnel," and look forward to everyone finally getting some closure on this topic.

I hope you all can get your recall done in a fast seemless manner. :thumbup:

MM

NancysToy
09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I might add that I hope people get this recall done! The last quarterly report showed that only a little over half the Spyder owners had completed the first steering recall. I understand that, to some extent, since I put off doing Nancy's for as long as I could. I am not a believer in Band-Aid approaches to problems, i.e. software fixes to mechanical issues. This is a hardware fix, however, and every Spyder owner should have this work done!!! As MM said, however, expect some glitches and delays. It is an overwhelming task. If you are having no problems, work with your dealer on scheduling...after the letter has been sent. I think those with no problems should hold off a bit, however, but that is their call. Having every Spyder sold show up at the dealer for repairs during the first week, will not make things go smoother, though.

LittleJohn
09-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I might add that I hope people get this recall done! The last quarterly report showed that only a little over half the Spyder owners had completed the first steering recall. I understand that, to some extent, since I put off doing Nancy's for as long as I could. I am not a believer in Band-Aid approaches to problems, i.e. software fixes to mechanical issues. This is a hardware fix, however, and every Spyder owner should have this work done!!! As MM said, however, expect some glitches and delays. It is an overwhelming task. If you are having no problems, work with your dealer on scheduling...after the letter has been sent. I think those with no problems should hold off a bit, however, but that is their call. Having every Spyder sold show up at the dealer for repairs during the first week, will not make things go smoother, though.

My thoughts exactly! I have had no issues since I had my DPS replaced, so I plan on letting my dealer get through the hectic phase of this recall before I schedule mine. Ive been pretty relaxed on some of the things my dealers service department has done and said, so I hope they appreciate my patience on this matter as well.

j45p3r
09-08-2010, 08:53 AM
I agree, I'm not going to be in a huge rush. Actually, I expect my dealer will call me to schedule the work as they did with the first recall.

DynamoBT
09-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I too hope BRP has stockpiled enough new DPS units to handle the influx of recall replacements. Hard to imagine there isn't going to be a mad rush though.

I'll be waiting until next spring to get all the recalls and new spec updates I've missed. It will be a new DPS, getting the belt tension in line with the new specs, and a vent hose extension. My Spyder is off the road this season. I'm not going to tow it to the dealer this fall in a panic or anything. I'll call my dealer (a new one since the one I've been using no longer deals in Spyders) over winter and get a full going over of my Spyder in early spring. I hope it won't be in the shop long. But it will be what it is.

Firefly
09-08-2010, 09:54 AM
In the end--- they're doing what is right and taking care of ALL spyders--- regardless of if they are still under warranty or not. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
09-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I will be waiting to have mine done as well, in order to let those who have had problems get them taken care of first. The other good news is Lamont posted the new units will come with a 2 year warranty, so BRP is really stepping up to the plate on standing behind this repair. :thumbup:

Big Arm
09-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I know I for one am glad to finally see some "light at the end of the DPS tunnel," and look forward to everyone finally getting some closure on this topic.

I hope you all can get your recall done in a fast seemless manner. :thumbup:

MM

:agree:
I have not had any of the DPS problems, but its always been in the back of my mind since reading about them.