PDA

View Full Version : Smylincha

grumpybob
09-06-2010, 10:15 AM
When you call your dealer ask them about the new designed fan from the 2010's if you think of it. Interested in seeing what they will do for you under warranty.

sandrunr1
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
My wife's SM5 is a 2009. Mine is a SE5 2010. My fan is about 1" bigger square than hers. Her :spyder2: runs 4 bars most of the time. Mine :spyder2:runs 5 bars almost all the time. When I ride hers, I hardly notice the hot air coming out on my leg. On mine, my leg feels like it is cooking almost all the time. I have to pull my foot way back when the fan is on. HOT. But it rides very well. I am still very happy with my :spyder2:. Leaving next week on a 2500 mile trip on them. Headed for Spokane, Wash. Can hardly wait.

Raptor
09-06-2010, 06:08 PM
My wife's SM5 is a 2009. Mine is a SE5 2010. My fan is about 1" bigger square than hers. Her :spyder2: runs 4 bars most of the time. Mine :spyder2:runs 5 bars almost all the time. When I ride hers, I hardly notice the hot air coming out on my leg. On mine, my leg feels like it is cooking almost all the time. I have to pull my foot way back when the fan is on. HOT. But it rides very well. I am still very happy with my :spyder2:. Leaving next week on a 2500 mile trip on them. Headed for Spokane, Wash. Can hardly wait.

I was just at my dealer on Saturday picking up a helmet that I actually won in a drawing and looked into the fan that is mounted on 14. The service manager knew exactly what I was talking about when I asked about it and took me outside to inspect it and show me right on the spot. Thank goodness it has the ugraded fan installed. So both of my Spyders are good to go. It was pretty cool of him to do that though, as he was in the middle of something else. :thumbup:

Even more amazing is the fact that I won a helmet!! :ohyea: I never win ANYTHING!! But I digress... :roflblack:

Smylinacha
09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Thanks! I will call him tomorrow and ask him.

:thumbup:

When you call your dealer ask them about the new designed fan from the 2010's if you think of it. Interested in seeing what they will do for you under warranty.

grumpybob
09-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I had the Air Dam on my 2009 and it still ran hot. So Brp put the 2010 fan on and it made a difference. The deflectors they put on to channel the air into the radiator seems to help get outside air in and help it cool better along with the bigger square fan case.

The Air Dam did help, although mine still ran too hot in the city traffic. Especially when I would catch a dozen or so traffic lights in a row.

Smylinacha
09-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Good deal - when the new dps comes in, I'll get that done too. :) Thx!

I had the Air Dam on my 2009 and it still ran hot. So Brp put the 2010 fan on and it made a difference. The deflectors they put on to channel the air into the radiator seems to help get outside air in and help it cool better along with the bigger square fan case.

The Air Dam did help, although mine still ran too hot in the city traffic. Especially when I would catch a dozen or so traffic lights in a row.

grumpybob
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Good deal - when the new dps comes in, I'll get that done too. :) Thx!

New DPS & new FAN, Hopefully it will give you miles of trouble free fun.

Hopefully some of your and HDX's earlier threads on the steering were taken to heart by BRP and thankfully they found the problem and are fixing it prior to anyone getting - well you know what I mean.

Thanks to BRP for doing the DPS recall!!

Smylinacha
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I am glad they are fixing it but as far as the earlier threads go, I don't think anyone liked those - we were both p*ssed and nobody liked us being p*ssed about it. But as more and more dps problems cropped up, they took notice and hopefully this is the last of the dps problems! I just keep my mouth pretty much shut now. If I wanna vent, I'll go on FB LOL.

New DPS & new FAN, Hopefully it will give you miles of trouble free fun.

Hopefully some of your and HDX's earlier threads on the steering were taken to heart by BRP and thankfully they found the problem and are fixing it prior to anyone getting - well you know what I mean.

Thanks to BRP for doing the DPS recall!!