PDA

View Full Version : Riding Double

Boriken
09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
I purchased my :spyder2: new last August and presently have 3,200 miles on it. Today for the first time my wife dicided to go for a ride with me. We rode for about an hour and stopped for icecream before returning home. She really loved the ride, I guess we'll be riding double from now on.:roflblack:

SpyderSteve
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
:congrats:

fastfraser
09-04-2010, 05:45 PM
welcome Almost al off my 36k is two-up with the Misses. Can't keep her of the darn thing !

Raptor
09-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I purchased my :spyder2: new last August and presently have 3,200 miles on it. Today for the first time my wife dicided to go for a ride with me. We rode for about an hour and stopped for icecream before returning home. She really loved the ride, I guess we'll be riding double from now on.:roflblack:

It's fun, isn't it? :2thumbs: Get ready, it could transition to the next step; she just might want her own! That's what happened with us. My Wife now has her own Spyder and we ride together. It takes the term riding together to a whole new level! :D

qasamm
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Almost 1/2 of my miles are with the little lady on the back.

dancogan
09-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Our RT is ridden almost exlusively 2-up. If you don't have one yet, you'll find an intercom system of some type really adds to the enjoyment!

Raptor
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Our RT is ridden almost exlusively 2-up. If you don't have one yet, you'll find and intercom system of some type really adds to the enjoyment!

Ah, the beauty of the RT! 2 Up riding in style. I really respect these machines. Now that my Wife is riding though, I don't see an RT in our future! There are times though when she may not want to ride hers, she just might want to relax and let me drive. SO you never know! :D

JPV
09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
This is Dorothy my neighbor and she's lead a quiet and sheltered life living with her mother who died at age 93 a couple of years ago. With that said, Dorothy turned 73 in August and on her birtday I talked her into going for a short ride around the neighbor hood. I gave her a helmet a few days ahead of time so she could practice the on and off thing and feel comfortable with the helmet. Arthritis is starting to do her in so I helped her on the Spyder and told her all the do's and dont's and we were off for a short ride. Well 40 miles and a lunch break later we we made it back home. Later that day she called to say that it was the best Birthday she ever had. I took the picture of her in the parking lot of the restaurant we stopped in Fox lake Il. because her friends other wise would not believe she did it. Thats my first time riding double on the Spyder and with a inexperienced passenger it was a piece of cake. P.S. As much as she liked it I dont believe Dorothy is going to run out and get a Spyder

wyliec
09-04-2010, 08:09 PM
This is Dorothy my neighbor and she's lead a quiet and sheltered life living with her mother who died at age 93 a couple of years ago. With that said, Dorothy turned 73 in August and on her birtday I talked her into going for a short ride around the neighbor hood. I gave her a helmet a few days ahead of time so she could practice the on and off thing and feel comfortable with the helmet. Arthritis is starting to do her in so I helped her on the Spyder and told her all the do's and dont's and we were off for a short ride. Well 40 miles and a lunch break later we we made it back home. Later that day she called to say that it was the best Birthday she ever had. I took the picture of her in the parking lot of the restaurant we stopped in Fox lake Il. because her friends other wise not belive she did it. Thats my first time riding double on the Spyder and with a inexperienced passenger it was a piece of cake.

:2thumbs:

stormtrooper
09-04-2010, 09:53 PM
:congrats: welcome :yes:

Arthur---Mexico
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't be over confident. It was the ice cream that got her it.

You wrote:
We rode for about an hour and stopped for icecream before returning home. She really loved the ride, I guess we'll be riding double from now on.

FANG
09-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Really miss ryding with my wife - she has been working in KC, Mo for the past year and a half (1100 miles away). Seems like everytime she comes home for a visit there are so many things that need to get done - no time for the spyder.
Youngest daughter just found out she is pregnant (our 1st grandchild) and is due in Apr 2011. So while the wife and I were talking the other day - she told me that she really misses our spyder rydes. So we are making some plans for a good ryde -- as long as the baby cooperates. We will fly her home for the birth and we are going to ryde the Spyder back to KC via Cuba, Mo and Spyderfest --:yes::yes:. We both cannot wait. :2thumbs:

Pincushion
09-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Half of the 15k miles on "Hellon3" are 2up miles, and yes we have a set of Scala rider G4's and they really add to the enjoyment...it's a whole lot easier than my wife tapping me on the shoulder and then yelling thru two full face helmets.

SpyderWolf
09-05-2010, 03:50 AM
:congrats: on getting your wife to ryde with you. I hope you have great times together on your Spyder.

It's fun, isn't it? :2thumbs: Get ready, it could transition to the next step; she just might want her own! That's what happened with us. My Wife now has her own Spyder and we ride together. It takes the term riding together to a whole new level! :D

Been there, done that, no t-shirt necessary. :D

NancysToy
09-05-2010, 07:02 AM
I had been complaining about riding double for several years. Not that I did not love it, but on two wheels it was becoming increasingly more difficult for me. After my wife's knee injury, it was harder for her, physically, climbing on and off while I was already aboard, balancing the bike. After she got her Spyder, we never rode two-up again for nearly three years.

When they announced the RT last September, one of the reasons I preordered one was that we greatly missed those two-up excursions. It has been a joy to ride double again, from time to time, yak on the intercom, and share some time together that doesn't involve our rear view mirrors. We rode to the Owners' Event in Chicago two-up. Now we have the best of both worlds.....two-up or two Spyders.

Lamonster
09-05-2010, 07:06 AM
:congrats: that's great. Just went on a 200+ mile ride with the wife yesterday and she enjoyed herself. She never liked riding on any of my bikes.

RodO
09-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Been riding a few years but my wife had no interest on 2 wheels. I showed her a magazine article on the Spyder when it 1st came out. She showed some interest, so I picked up an '08 in '09 but, other than short rides in town, she still wasn't comfortable with the concept of hanging onto a motorcycle. :yikes:

Anyway, we picked up an RT last Saturday, and are leaving in a few days for a 12-day 4,600 trip. :shemademe_smilie:

I'll let you know how it goes.

One of us may be coming home crying on the bus, but we'll give it a shot.:popcorn:

SpyderWolf
09-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Been riding a few years but my wife had no interest on 2 wheels. I showed her a magazine article on the Spyder when it 1st came out. She showed some interest, so I picked up an '08 in '09 but, other than short rides in town, she still wasn't comfortable with the concept of hanging onto a motorcycle. :yikes:

Anyway, we picked up an RT last Saturday, and are leaving in a few days for a 12-day 4,600 trip. I'll let you know how it goes. :shemademe_smilie:

One of us may be coming home on the bus, but we'll give it a shot.:popcorn:

Best of luck on your upcoming adventure together.

pjp623
09-07-2010, 07:44 AM
:congrats: Ryding 2up is twice the fun!

ARtraveler
09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Riding two up on the RTS is great. Since spouse has her own RS--she dont ride with me. When we went on our 2000 mile trip to Skagway. AK a month or so ago, we brought along a family friend who rode two up with me the whole trip. She had never been on a bike before--so we broke her in real good. She enjoyed the ride the whole time, and never complained about pain & suffering. PS--she got to break in the passenger part of my Corbin seat. I have the driver backrest installed on the Corbin so we had no problems with her sliding forward on the trip. The RTS is definately a great two-up ride.

moabgirl
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM
We started with my Spyder and recently added Spyder II for my husband. These things are addictive!