PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Fort Worth- Come ride with us to Hico Texas

Eagle Eye
09-04-2010, 03:19 AM
In the Dallis Fort Worth area and having a great ride coming up September 18th. The Koffee Kup has some of the best pie in Texas and ranked top ten diners in Texas, so we are going ride for some dessert. LOL Come join us - great group that loves to ride and meet new friends. Check the Events page at our club website http://www.sottx.com and register for a great ride at the site or email me.

Help us breakin our loaded Spyder RTS SE5 that we just got delivered yesterday. :D

fastfraser
09-04-2010, 03:41 AM
A little far to come for pie ! But hey :congrats: on the RTS .

Eagle Eye
09-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks. We love it. When in North Texas look us up. Take care.:2thumbs:

YOUBET
09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Won't be able to make this run, but sure wish I could.

We are planning a run to Llano for BBQ at Coopers 10/09/2010. Would be nice to get some Spyder Ryders up for this one. I'll post more later when it gets closer.

Ya'll have fun and a safe ride.

Questions
09-17-2010, 09:33 AM
When do you plan on being in Hico on 09/18. We live near by and purchased our RT last month. The Koffee Kup is one of our favorite places to drive and eat at. Maybe we will bump into you. We will be riding a blue RT.

Eagle Eye
10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Hico Ride was great but also rode all the way down south 281 and back this past weekend for Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg Texas and also rode through and stayed in Boerne Texas and hit the sharp turns in Medina Lake and Bandera then back up 281 north to hwy 67 and Mansfield. We love this ride and stopped at almost every town...very nice towns through here and soem of the best scenery. Need more Spyder riders to get involved and ride together...more organization so we can ride a pack of Spyders which looks cool. Love to have some of you come ride on our next Event November 6th. see events at www.sottx.com/Events (http://www.sottx.com/Events)

Thanks

Just hit 1000 miles 10/3/2010/ 2010 RTS SE5 Blue, all reflectors are driving lights now and have turn signal ability including side bags-storage, Fusion Lights inside and under for glow at night/remote controlled, Hybrid Matching Helmets with Intercom, GPS, IPOD, SAT, Kewl Metal Highway brackets with chrome Black Widow Pegs, 2 Bros performamnce muffler/ Black Series Platinum, rear LED trunk light bar/chrome, Gorilla Alarm

SpyderFun
10-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Looking forward to joining you guys on your rides once I move there! Actually bought my RT-S SE5 from Richardson Motorsports and had it shipped here to Indy due to lack of inventory here. Better year round riding weather in Texas than Indy!

YOUBET
10-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Not too late to join the TWT's in a ride down to Llano for BBQ, at Cooper's this Saturday 10/9. We have a small group departing out of Stephenville. The meeting spot will be the Allsups on US 377 (S Loop) and SH 108 (Graham St). That will give folks a chance for a stretch, a hot cup, and top off their tanks before heading out to Llano. Departure time from Allsup's is 8:30 am. Our route will be down US 377 south to Comanche, then SH 16 south to Llano. Anyone wishing to tag along can join in. :2excited:

Personally, I'm planning a departure from Granbury around 7:00 am to meet up with the Stephenville bunch, so Granbury is an optional join up spot. Let me know if you wanna meet up in Granbury, and I will set a place, or see you in Stephenville, or Llano... :chat:

This is a great time of the year for a ride and the more the merrier, especially iffn' we can get some Spyders involved... :2thumbs:

dave711
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Won't be able to make this run, but sure wish I could.

We are planning a run to Llano for BBQ at Coopers 10/09/2010. Would be nice to get some Spyder Ryders up for this one. I'll post more later when it gets closer.

Ya'll have fun and a safe ride.

What time do you plan on being in llano? might be able to meetup with ya'll there:2thumbs:

Mistycrest
10-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I may be in Granbury on Fri and Sat. If so, I would like to meet /ryde. Carolyn

YOUBET
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Dave... GPS shows about 180 miles +/- ride, so iffn' we leave Stephenville about 8:30 am I'd think maybe before noon. The rides are usually centered around lunch, so I'd guess if you get there anytime around noon, you will see a lot of bikes and maybe a Spyder or two.

Carolyn... I'm covered up on Friday with work here at home, but iffn' you are interested in meeting, and possibly joining the ride (you didn't mention how you are getting to Granbury), I will most likely gas up at the Texaco on Rt 144 (Morgan St) at the intersection of Rt 144 and US 377 around 6:45 to 7:00 am. Also will be back sometime in the middle to late afternoon, and can arrange a meeting then, if you let me know when and where you will be... Steve

YOUBET
10-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Excellent ride to Llano and return... Glad I was able to join up for a total of five machines (1 Spyder, 2 Harleys, 1 Wii, and 1 Honda ST) on the way down and four on the way back. Fine bunch of folks to travel with! I was the only Spyder in that group; however, did spot a Yellow Spyder just north of Hico, on the return trip. My bike's calculator indicated for the ride from my home and return 338.1 Miles/5.8 Hrs. for an average speed of 58.29 MPH. Not bad!http://www.twtex.com/forums/images/smilies/happyrider.gif

Outside of Brady, Coopers at Llano, is one of the few BBQ places where you can regularly eat goat. Not that I prefer it over "where's the beef," but interesting to say the least. FYI, we have several BBQ joints here in town, but we regularly take the extra hour drive/ride to Stephenville to chow down at the Hard 8, which is very similar to Coopers.http://www.twtex.com/forums/images/smilies/grub.gif