PDA

View Full Version : Spyders in Chesapeake

Questions
09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I have seen a few different :spyder2:'s in the great bridge/greenbrier area. Do any of you get on this board and do you ever meet anywhere? I see a lot of bikes at the bar called Red Bones but never any :spyder2:'s. where does everyone meet??

Thanks..
Frank

1VENOM
09-03-2010, 11:11 PM
:congrats: on your :spyder2:, I'm in Vbch near the farmers mkt. It would be nice to hook up for a meet and greet. My name is Rod, I go by (1Venom) here. I tried to connect with others in this area and have had little success. My cell phone number 757-343-3986.
Currently my :spyder2: is down for modifications and pre-trip checks for the (SITS). Are you going to the SITS? I'm leaving on the 20th of Sept riding straight thru. Plan on being there till Saturday the 25th.
Normally I'm off on Sat and Sun, but this weekend, I was drafted.:gaah:
My email address is rpittman3@cox.net
Take care
Rod

Questions
09-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey Rod/1Venom, I will be busy the next couple of weeks out of town, but when I get back I would like to try and get a few people together for a little ride somewhere:2thumbs:. unfortunately :gaah:I can not make the SITS this year. Hopefully I will be able to make it next time. I have seen a few different :spyder2:'s running around, but have not been able to get up with any of them. The next time I see one of them I'll try and wave them down and let them know about this board. maybe then we can set up a ride or something when you get back from SITS..

Take Care,

Frank

1VENOM
09-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey Rod/1Venom, I will be busy the next couple of weeks out of town, but when I get back I would like to try and get a few people together for a little ride somewhere:2thumbs:. unfortunately :gaah:I can not make the SITS this year. Hopefully I will be able to make it next time. I have seen a few different :spyder2:'s running around, but have not been able to get up with any of them. The next time I see one of them I'll try and wave them down and let them know about this board. maybe then we can set up a ride or something when you get back from SITS..

Take Care,

Frank

I hope you do better than I have. :gaah: I have emailed other riders in this area, (based on Spyderryder.com) to little or no avail. I did a run to Nagshead, SC with to other owners but they have not got back with me and I've given up hope that they are very much into riding at all. :yikes:
The other owners don't even acknowledge my email. :wrong: Very frustrating to say the least. :shocked:
I got some issues of my own doing and my ride is down for at least a week.:gaah:I plan on riding through the rest of the year so I would like to connect when I get back from SITS. :chat: If nothing more than a short ride down through Back Bay and maybe a stop at "Monks" for a burger and fries.
Have a safe trip.
Rod

Sweet Scacy
09-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi,
If anyone is still looking for Spyder owners to ride with,my name is Scacy and I live in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake.I am free to ride most days although I limit my night riding.My e-mail address is jntedwr7@yahoo.com looking forward to hearing from you.

1VENOM
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Hi,
If anyone is still looking for Spyder owners to ride with,my name is Scacy and I live in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake.I am free to ride most days although I limit my night riding.My e-mail address is jntedwr7@yahoo.com looking forward to hearing from you.

welcome were glad you joined us. :clap::clap: Looking forward to meeting you. My name is Rod and I live in Vabch. I'm heading to SITS on tuesday the 21st. I'll be back on Sunday 26th. Look foward to a meet and greet and maybe some riding to boot. Here is my cell # 757-343-3986, email rpittman3@cox.net. Once again welcome

CuzinBrucie
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey 1Venom!! Thanks for the email. I'm CuzinBrucie, I live in southern Suffolk Where Suffolk, Isle of wight, Franklin & Southampton county meet. A booming Metroplis called Beales Corner. 5 miles from Holland & 8 miles from Franklin & inbetween Carrsville & Beales corner. Are you realy lost yet!! LOL!! I'm ready for a meet & greet most any time. I mostly ride with Harleys & an occasional Winger. I'm a member at another site & we get together for Private rallys at several members homes. I've had two at my place this year. I'm not a long distance rider, but I love to ride. I generaly take my Motorhome where I'm going & ride the Spyder when I get there!! Spyders don't make good beds, Winnebagos do!!:2thumbs:

1VENOM
10-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Hay Cuz, just sent you a long email. Guess I should have checked here first. Welcome to Spyderlovers.com. :clap: Looking forward to meeting at the Swamp Roar next Saturday. Hopefully more will show. I think we are about out of rain for awhile,
started to look at a Skidoo conversion kit for my Spyder.:roflblack:
I hope that Scacy, and others I sent messages to on Spyderyder.com will respond. Not going to hold my breath thou. I sent messages to many before for a meet and greet, and only two showed. So we went to Kill Devil Hills and had a great ride.
Don't hesitate to call if your in the Beach area around the Farmers market.
I'm close.
Rod :coffee::chat::coffee:

SpyderSteve
10-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi,

Hey 1Venom!! Thanks for the email. I'm CuzinBrucie, I live in southern Suffolk Where Suffolk, Isle of wight, Franklin & Southampton county meet. A booming Metroplis called Beales Corner. 5 miles from Holland & 8 miles from Franklin & inbetween Carrsville & Beales corner. Are you realy lost yet!! LOL!! I'm ready for a meet & greet most any time. I mostly ride with Harleys & an occasional Winger. I'm a member at another site & we get together for Private rallys at several members homes. I've had two at my place this year. I'm not a long distance rider, but I love to ride. I generaly take my Motorhome where I'm going & ride the Spyder when I get there!! Spyders don't make good beds, Winnebagos do!!:2thumbs: welcome

awood279
11-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Everyone! I am a new Spyder owner.:2excited: We just bought a 2009 Phantom Black Edition. It's used but only slightly. I've been riding a Buell Blast for the past 2 years and am ready for something different. We actually will be picking up my Spyder next Saturday in Chadds Ford, PA. I really don't know much about it other than it has some minor mods done to it. Plus I can't seem to find any good info. on the Phantom....like is it a GS or RS? I'm totally green to the Spyder world. LOL! Oh well, I'll learn on the fly (Ha! Get it? Spyder & Fly?:roflblack:).

My boyfriend rides a Ducati 998 Matrix Edition currently. He is trading in his Buell Ulysses on my Spyder (nice guy, huh?). And my 13 yr. old daughter will become my passenger.

We live in Suffolk, VA, out 460 near Winsor.

Anyway, I'd love to get together with some local Spyders and do some rides. We prefer to ride and cover some ground, not ride to dinner and back. LOL!! We like to take off in the morning and ride then stop for lunch and hop back on and ride some more. However, we're open to just about anything. One of my favorite rides is up to Surry, take the ferry over and ride the Colonial Parkway to Yorktown for lunch & ice cream then head back.

We aren't wild, don't drive recklessly, or speed excessively. We like to consider ourselves safe riders.

So keep us in mind if ya'll are gonna get together and organize a ride. We'd love to come play!!:2thumbs:

bandwagon
11-12-2010, 12:57 AM
The GTofVa covers the entire state and I mean every part of it. Check out the website: Grand tour of Virginia. The tour has ended for this year and will be holding an awards gethering in Lexington,Va. This year there was 82 stops, each requiring a stamping of your passport. Check it out and this will all make sense. Enjoy your Spyder and I look forward to getting out your way sometime. I have a son attending ODU, so wife and I are in the area from time to time.:congrats::2thumbs:

Hi Everyone! I am a new Spyder owner.:2excited: We just bought a 2009 Phantom Black Edition. It's used but only slightly. I've been riding a Buell Blast for the past 2 years and am ready for something different. We actually will be picking up my Spyder next Saturday in Chadds Ford, PA. I really don't know much about it other than it has some minor mods done to it. Plus I can't seem to find any good info. on the Phantom....like is it a GS or RS? I'm totally green to the Spyder world. LOL! Oh well, I'll learn on the fly (Ha! Get it? Spyder & Fly?:roflblack:).

My boyfriend rides a Ducati 998 Matrix Edition currently. He is trading in his Buell Ulysses on my Spyder (nice guy, huh?). And my 13 yr. old daughter will become my passenger.

We live in Suffolk, VA, out 460 near Winsor.

Anyway, I'd love to get together with some local Spyders and do some rides. We prefer to ride and cover some ground, not ride to dinner and back. LOL!! We like to take off in the morning and ride then stop for lunch and hop back on and ride some more. However, we're open to just about anything. One of my favorite rides is up to Surry, take the ferry over and ride the Colonial Parkway to Yorktown for lunch & ice cream then head back.

We aren't wild, don't drive recklessly, or speed excessively. We like to consider ourselves safe riders.

So keep us in mind if ya'll are gonna get together and organize a ride. We'd love to come play!!:2thumbs:

awood279
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
The GTofVA is cool. We did it a couple years ago and had a really good time. Plus we got to go to some great places. We'll definitely be participating next year!

The GTofVa covers the entire state and I mean every part of it. Check out the website: Grand tour of Virginia. The tour has ended for this year and will be holding an awards gethering in Lexington,Va. This year there was 82 stops, each requiring a stamping of your passport. Check it out and this will all make sense. Enjoy your Spyder and I look forward to getting out your way sometime. I have a son attending ODU, so wife and I are in the area from time to time.:congrats::2thumbs:

1VENOM
11-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Welcome to our little family awood279 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=6144). :clap::clap:

awood279
11-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks! Don't forget me if you're putting a ride together.