PDA

View Full Version : Rev'it Turbine pants

Dochands
08-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Finally got my size 52 Short (European measurement) today.

I have had my fair share of motorcycle gear but these are most impressive.

They fit like a well fitting glove. These are definitely not overpants. With good hip armor and adjustable knee armor. The knee armor is the new soft light armor. I don't believe its S-TEC but I could be wrong. I expect there is an upgrade if it's not.

There is also a special ceramic patch at the knee to allow for that long and hopefully painless slide in the event of an accident.

I have decided after reading a lot of reviews to wear my Bohn Armor Action shorts underneath. They have more extensive hip and coccyx padding than any pants I've ever seen and since they fit you snug it stays in place. These are the mesh ones so they should add minimal warmth in summer.

Feel pretty safe in this setup.

The removal waterproof liner comes out with zippers at the waist and at each leg opening. Not sure why everyone does not make all gear like this. A lot easier than multiple snaps. The pockets are zipper sealed and waterproof. I don't understand the high tech textile but it breaths somehow. The inside of the pants are completely mesh lined. There are two zippers at the back. One for Rev'it jackets and one universal. Another thoughtful detail.

Most impressive. :2thumbs:

They even came this time with an official Rev'it hangar. lol

They are currently onsale at Motorcycle Superstore for $269. But I think these will be my year round pants for some years to come.

ARtraveler
08-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I bought a pair of Rev'it leather pants earlier this season and have pretty much worn them all summer--most of the time with the rain liner in them. A great product--purchased from the same place too. I think your going to like them.