PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Motorcycle

draboo
08-25-2010, 01:19 AM
I saw this on another motorcycle forum and am impressed by the workmanship of its builder,and that the person rode it about 400 miles a day for 10 straight days. He also has a Honda ST1300 and says he enjoys riding his Vrod more than the Honda.(he and his wife have one Vrod each, and both are very similar in design)

If HD made a production Vrod like this, I would purchase one in a flash.

From what I understand, HD is in financial trouble yet again and is considering some changes to keep it afloat.

Smylinacha
08-25-2010, 10:50 AM
They should call that a VGlide. It's a VRod with a Roadglide front end from what I can make out of it.

RedSM5inCT
08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Believe I have seen that one on 1130cc.com a V-Rod forum. Try a V-Rod some day, they ARE different, in a good way. Although my wife won't go more than a block on ours now that the Spyder is around.:dontknow:

Firefly
08-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Considering the V-rod has been out what-- 8 years now? I'm shocked they have not ported that liquid-cooled engine over to other platforms. It's inevitable that it will happen as the liquid-cooled technology is light years better than the air-cooled dinosaurs they keep using. The V-rod engine (designed by Porsche) is basically maintenance free. They now have bikes with 100,000+ miles on them that have not required anything other than oil changes.:thumbup:

I know my buddies with Road Kings would love to have that engine in them.

jwhatman
08-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Hubby had two v-rods. He had to get one when they first came out and had that one for 4 years. That was the longest he ever held onto one bike. He sold his BMW for it. Loved it every moment, except a bit uncomfortable on long trips. He traded his original v-rod on the new model and had that for another 2 years. Great bike around town, I never got comfortable on it though. He finally sold that v-rod to get the victory cross country and loves it. This bike is a great distance as well an around town bike. You're right, v-rod people are a different type. We went to a few of their gatherings in Kansas City and it was interesting to say the least. My hubby wouldn't have owned a Harley if it wasn't for the V-rod.
Joyce

Bersquack
08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm waiting for HD to make that carving trike we've seen a while ago. I'll camp at my dealership when they announce it!nojoke

SpyderFun
08-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm waiting for HD to make that carving trike we've seen a while ago. I'll camp at my dealership when they announce it!nojoke

You'll likely pack up your camp site once you see the typical "Harley Price Tag"! :roflblack: Let's face it, for the price of a fully loaded :spyder2: RTS SE5 with a Trailer you are in the same neighborhood as a BASIC Harley Trike. nojoke

Now add the bells & whistles and see how far north the HD Trike is above a loaded RTS SE5 (and HD does not offer the electronic paddle shift system)!

Sorry HD, but IMHO money does the final talking and in todays tough economy you ARE NOT competitive with the Can-Am Spyder. Simply do what I've done, ask a HD Trike owner (or even a Honda Trike owner for that matter) what they paid and got, then tell them what you paid for yours (w/trailer) and watch the expression! PRICELESS!

Firefly
08-26-2010, 07:31 PM
You'll likely pack up your camp site once you see the typical "Harley Price Tag"! :roflblack: Let's face it, for the price of a fully loaded :spyder2: RTS SE5 with a Trailer you are in the same neighborhood as a BASIC Harley Trike. nojoke

Now add the bells & whistles and see how far north the HD Trike is above a loaded RTS SE5 (and HD does not offer the electronic paddle shift system)!

Sorry HD, but IMHO money does the final talking and in todays tough economy you ARE NOT competitive with the Can-Am Spyder. Simply do what I've done, ask a HD Trike owner (or even a Honda Trike owner for that matter) what they paid and got, then tell them what you paid for yours (w/trailer) and watch the expression! PRICELESS!

And then challenge them to a run through the twisties..... :D

Smylinacha
08-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Good name! .......way better than RoadRod.....:yikes:

They named that a RoadRod? LOL!!!!!!!!!! silly stupid!

Smylinacha
08-26-2010, 08:00 PM

:agree:

RoadHammer
08-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I find it laughable that anyone thinks the rt or rs can even compare to the higher quality level of a Honda or HD bike/trike of any kind.
When it comes to the RT or RS you get what you pay for. The CANAM SPYDER has many many years to go before it reaches the high quality level of other bike builders.

RoadHammer
08-27-2010, 03:41 PM
I like the dinosaur technology.. Look at your and my spyder with all it's new technology. A birds nest of endless problems. (you should know) considering the gobs of problems you had on your sturgis run.

Considering the V-rod has been out what-- 8 years now? I'm shocked they have not ported that liquid-cooled engine over to other platforms. It's inevitable that it will happen as the liquid-cooled technology is light years better than the air-cooled dinosaurs they keep using. The V-rod engine (designed by Porsche) is basically maintenance free. They now have bikes with 100,000+ miles on them that have not required anything other than oil changes.:thumbup:

I know my buddies with Road Kings would love to have that engine in them.