PDA

View Full Version : Brp response to steering issue

gmopsman
08-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I contacted BRP[Carlo] by e-mail on Monday 8-23 in the am concerning my issue with steering lockup on my Spyder. I was surprised to get a personel call from Carlo in the early pm of the same day concerning my issue. He indicated that BRP was aware of this issue on other Spyders, wanted to be sure I had left the Spyder with the dealer for corrective action, and said they would follow up with the dealer and their service department to get the problem fixed.

While the proof will be in the correction of the problem, I was pleased to see that BRP customer service was this responsive. I will keep you informed of the progress.
Thanks

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
I contacted BRP[Carlo] by e-mail on Monday 8-23 in the am concerning my issue with steering lockup on my Spyder. I was surprised to get a personel call from Carlo in the early pm of the same day concerning my issue. He indicated that BRP was aware of this issue on other Spyders, wanted to be sure I had left the Spyder with the dealer for corrective action, and said they would follow up with the dealer and their service department to get the problem fixed.

While the proof will be in the correction of the problem, I was pleased to see that BRP customer service was this responsive. I will keep you informed of the progress.
Thanks

Thanks for the post, and I hope they get the issue fixed for you quickly.

COOLMACHINE
08-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, nice to hear. Keep us posted.

canam9
08-25-2010, 12:31 PM
:chat: :popcorn: :ani29:

gmopsman
08-26-2010, 07:31 PM
BRP has authorized a dps replacement and the unit is on order. The dealer tells me it is expected to be at their shop either Friday or Monday and that it will take over 1/2 day to install. I should be back riding by next week.:2thumbs:

Firefly
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
BRP has authorized a dps replacement and the unit is on order. The dealer tells me it is expected to be at their shop either Friday or Monday and that it will take over 1/2 day to install. I should be back riding by next week.:2thumbs:

Good luck-- please let us know how it goes!

I'm taking mine in tomorrow for some work, including a DPS problem. My guess is it will need replacement. Dropping the Spyder (stripped it down nekkid) tomorrow--- told them they can have it for 1 week and 1 week only. Told them if it needs a new DPS, they better be on the ball and GET ONE because I'm picking the Spyder up next Friday.

SpyderWolf
08-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Best of luck to both of you on your upcoming repairs.

gmopsman
08-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I picked up my Spyder today 8-28 and the steering unit has been replaced and it handled like a charm on my ride home. Total time down was one week. Great job by BRP and my dealer.:clap:

SpyderWolf
08-28-2010, 08:50 PM
I picked up my Spyder today 8-28 and the steering unit has been replaced and it handled like a charm on my ride home. Total time down was one week. Great job by BRP and my dealer.:clap:

:congrats: 1 week is great turnaround time!

Raptor
08-28-2010, 09:02 PM

That is extremely good to hear. Here is an "At-a-boy" that BRP deserves. Like Capt. John said, one "ah-crap" beats 50 "at-a-boys". Nice job BRP! :thumbup: And the dealer delivered too. I would like to think that this is the new trend. better response from BRP, quicker resolution and effective execution from the dealer network. :congrats: Glad you are back on the road!