PDA

View Full Version : ultra touring windshield wind deflectors

Tilty
08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Does anyone use those wind deflectors that came with the ultra windshields from brp?

Does it stop the up wind that i think causes the helmet shake?

BillGargan
08-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I have the 25" Ultra Touring Windshield without the deflectors installed. What helmet shake are you talking about. I certainly do not experience that!

Does anyone use those wind deflectors that came with the ultra windshields from brp?

JPV
08-25-2010, 12:02 AM

I have the ultra shield an when I put the deflectors on there was a noticeable reduction in head buffeting at higher speeds which I was thrilled about, but there was all so a increase in backwash exhaust fumes and engine noise,I think you notice the engine noise only because there's less wind noise. I'm about to reinstall them to do some experimentation. P.S. last weekend we rode up in to Fort Atkinson wis. an then through the Kettle Moraine State Forest. It was about a 220 mile Sunday run.:thumbup::thumbup:

kml354
08-25-2010, 06:00 AM
I have the 25" Ultra Touring Windshield without the deflectors installed and at 80 mph my head felt like a bobble head. I went with the Laminar Lip fixed all the turbulance problems completely. 90 + no wind on helmet.

boborgera
08-25-2010, 08:13 AM
I have the ultra shield an when I put the deflectors on there was a noticeable reduction in head buffeting at higher speeds which I was thrilled about, therbut e was all so a increase in backwash exhaust fumes and engine noise,
:agree::agree: