PDA

View Full Version : NJ Motorcycles No Longer Need Inspection!!!!

lightman02
08-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I just recieved a letter from the NJ DMV stating that as of Aug, 1st motorcylces are exempt from DMV inspection. As some of you may know NJ is changing it's inspection laws and you are only required to pass emmisions every two years for a car. They no longer check for mechanical issues on cars and it looks like they are not checking bikes at all anymore. It even says you can remove your inspection sticker on you plate as it is no longer required. Nice to know NJ is doing something right for a change even if it's to save the state money.

Roger
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Cool maybe NY won't be to far behind :roflblack::rollback: yeah right.
hey tom you going to make it to the box on thursday night?

boborgera
08-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I just recieved a letter from the NJ DMV stating that as of Aug, 1st motorcylces are exempt from DMV inspection. As some of you may know NJ is changing it's inspection laws and you are only required to pass emmisions every two years for a car. They no longer check for mechanical issues on cars and it looks like they are not checking bikes at all anymore. It even says you can remove your inspection sticker on you plate as it is no longer required. Nice to know NJ is doing something right for a change even if it's to save the state money.

:ohyea:
It wasn't much of an inspection anyway, Left signal, right signal, step on the brakes, reflective tape on helmet, here's your sticker. Oh yea blow the horn!!

Texmac1011
08-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I am due the end of this month.:sour:

lightman02
08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Cool maybe NY won't be to far behind :roflblack::rollback: yeah right.
hey tom you going to make it to the box on thursday night?

I'll see what I can do.

BillGargan
08-24-2010, 11:12 PM
I sure hope this does not extend to other states.

It will surely mean that the a$$h@les with loud motorcycle exhausts will increase and proliferate.

Aside from that we all become endangered because there are lots of folks that simply do not care about safety in cars or motorcycles -- and inspections prevent/avoid that to a great extent in most states.

lightman02
08-25-2010, 05:23 AM
I sure hope this does not extend to other states.

It will surely mean that the a$$h@les with loud motorcycle exhausts will increase and proliferate.

Aside from that we all become endangered because there are lots of folks that simply do not care about safety in cars or motorcycles -- and inspections prevent/avoid that to a great extent in most states.

They have done a study on that which is why they are doing away with the inspections. True not doing the full inspections will save money, but they also found that most accidents are not caused by mechanical problems with the vehicals, more along the lines of other factors. They also find that most people that have serious mechanical problems will get them fixed on their own anyway. Even if they didn't stop inspections for mechanical you could always just buy a sticker from a service center that would sell you one and trust me there are many so it really isn't helping anything by keeping the inspections. If you really want to get passed there was always a way. As far as the loud motorcycles, well I don't think it really makes a difference, you can change your exhaust get it inspected and change it right back so it really wont make a difference.

dave01
08-25-2010, 06:13 AM
We have no vehicle inspections here in Fl, but there is still a limit on the db that an exhaust can put out. You can be stopped at any time and they can check it, along with window tint levels, seat belt use and other items. The vehicle inspections were a joke when they were done since the stations could manipulate thier findings and pass/fail you. Random stops and checks for safety/emission items would be much more effective since you would not know when it may happen to you/me. Just my 02 cents though