PDA

View Full Version : Question on Nesson Rigg half cover

wilmac
08-24-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a GS with up and out mirror extensions 1 inch rises with 3 inch handle bar risers and have the sport touring windshield. I have the BRP bags also. Anyone have this cover and give input if it will work for me. Thank you in advance for any replys.:helpsmilie:

pierrelogic
08-24-2010, 04:51 PM
I have a GS with up and out mirror extensions 1 inch rises with 3 inch handle bar risers and have the sport touring windshield. I have the BRP bags also. Anyone have this cover and give input if it will work for me. Thank you in advance for any replys.:helpsmilie:

I would imagine it'll work just fine. Check out Spyderwolf's review (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17325). Pretty much the same setup you have minius the BRP bags and it fits his.

I'll tell you after using it for a little over 3 months and seeing the sun fade on the cover I'm much happier it's there and not the seat. nojoke I use mine every day. Great investment for me. I'll probably get a new one every year.

Check on NewEnough.com for a little price break. :D

bjt
08-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Nice thing about the Nelson-Rigg half cover is that it will fit Spyders with taller windshields, mirror extensions, handlebar risers, etc. You may have to leave certain items outside the cover to make it fit bit it will, at a minimum, cover the seat, windshield and handlebars. That's what I cover with the Madstad windshield and 3" handlebar risers. You can cover even more if you want to put shock cords on the middle straps and use the shock cords to attach it to the footpegs or shifter and brake.

AntelopeSpyder
08-24-2010, 06:20 PM
I have one on order. Should be here today. I have a 25" BRP windshield, mirror extensions, BRP Hard bags ana a BRP trunk. I am hopeing it will work.

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 06:26 PM
NR is also supposed to be working on one that will work even better with the taller windscreens. I don't have any details on when they are going to release it, but someone on here posted they used their Spyder as a test subject.

Dochands
08-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I used a bungee cord to loop the bottom straps under the bike but it works fine with mirror extensions and Marcel's F1 windshield and a passenger seat bag.

Al Bragg
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Hi there. NR test subject here :D. I can't down load the pictures of the guys from NR measuring my spyder right now. I'm at work ;).

If I understood what Dimitri told me, NR should be releasing the new half cover very soon.

This cover was measured on my spyder. I have the BRP 25" screen, four inch risers. The cover looked to be big enough to cover the bags also. Well the top half of the bags anyway.

I have the NR full cover. Does not take up much room in the frunk. Covers everything on the spyder. Easy on and off.

Hey I just had my coffee and I realized that I can call Dimitri tomorrow and see if he can give me a better idea when the half cover will be released.

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi there. NR test subject here :D. I can't down load the pictures of the guys from NR measuring my spyder right now. I'm at work ;).

If I understood what Dimitri told me, NR should be releasing the new half cover very soon.

This cover was measured on my spyder. I have the BRP 25" screen, four inch risers. The cover looked to be big enough to cover the bags also. Well the top half of the bags anyway.

I have the NR full cover. Does not take up much room in the frunk. Covers everything on the spyder. Easy on and off.

Hey I just had my coffee and I realized that I can call Dimitri tomorrow and see if he can give me a better idea when the half cover will be released.

:2thumbs:

Glad you caught this thread and are able to chime in on it. Thanks!

vtrider
08-25-2010, 02:49 AM

I have the nelson rigg half cover and it works real well. I don't have mirror extensions, risers or a tall windshield, but have the ESCI floor boards with the foot pegs removed, so the half cover loops have to be hooked another way. I used bungee cords to hook the loops. This method should work with taller windshields and mirror extensions as well. Check out this thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19735&highlight=nelson+half+cover

AntelopeSpyder
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM
I received my nelson rigg half cover last night. Here are some pictures of how it looks.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=11690

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=11699

I like it.:2thumbs:

Link to more pictures. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=927

Al Bragg
08-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I was unable to contact NR via phone today, i was out working in the yard :gaah:. But I did get an email out to the VP. He is good about responding quickly. I will post an update as soon as i get the info from NR.

Al Bragg
08-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone. Just checked my email. The VP did get back with me quickly. NR does not have a release date for the half cover right now.

So I do not know when they will be releasing the half cover, but when they do I want to buy one.

SpyderWolf
08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Fish65, thanks for trying to find out a release date for us.

AntelopeSpyder, the cover looks good on your Spyder. :congrats: