PDA

View Full Version : It's a Wrap! - Pics Included

SpyderWolf
08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
My wife, Love2Ride, had been working with Peter at www.spyderdetailing.com (http://www.spyderdetailing.com) for a little while on this new skin for her Spyder. She picked it up from the post office today, and was able to complete the installation of it. She has now joined the ranks of those of us who will never be able to tell the police it wasn't us. ;)

Peter did an outstanding job on this one, and I truly feel it is a work of art.

Here are the still pictures, and I am working on uploading a video as well.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11724

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11723

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11722

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11721

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11720

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11719

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11718

This one is with her LED lights on steady. It is still a little bit light outside to see them well, but the video will take care of that.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=11717

EDIT:

I am adding the video here so new viewers of this thread don't need to scroll down to a later post in order to view it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWsqZ5t5ws

SpyderSteve
08-23-2010, 09:52 PM
:congrats: Very Nice :2thumbs: :clap:

Papa
08-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Awesome.....:2thumbs:

Al Bragg
08-23-2010, 10:05 PM
That is really awsome!!!
:2thumbs::clap: :bowdown:

SpyderWolf
08-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Awesome.....:2thumbs:

welcome

Thanks all for the compliments. I need to let her know I created this thread as well now. :D

Big Arm
08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
VERY NICE :congrats:

aerialdall
08-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I had actually looked at this design on the spyder detailing website & thought it looked really cool. But I wasn't sure how well the red in the graphic would match my red Spyder. But from your pictures it looks pretty awesome! Must be pretty easy to apply if she just got it in the mail & you've already posted pics. You two will be turning heads more than ever now! :2thumbs:

Deb

golfman
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
WoW!:2thumbs:

ArmyJoe
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Wow, that rocks.

Except for the Iwo Jima pic. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=386&pictureid=6047

SpyderGirl
08-23-2010, 11:46 PM
FANTASTIC!!!! :2thumbs:

SpyderGirl
08-24-2010, 12:06 AM
I've never done one on the Spyder, but I have done body graphics on cars. To do it right, give yourself about 2 hours. The temperature has to be just right too. If it's too hot you risk pulling and distorting the vinyl, too cold and it won't stick and could break. About 70-80 degrees seems perfect. Anyone can do it, just takes patience.

I do believe I saw a video from his site showing how to install it. It's worth watching.

Raptor
08-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Wolfen!!

Now you two have 2 works of art. Fantastic. I hate to say it, but I think she may have outdone you just a tad! You guys are going to rock the house no matter where you go. Simply fantastic!! :congrats:

dave01
08-24-2010, 03:00 AM
WOW, Thats awesome looking. Congrats on not one, but 2 great looking Spyders

G-Man
08-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Very, very nice. Great job.

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments, I also think hers will now turn a lot more heads than mine does. :D

GIJoe, it came with 2 console pieces. Iwo Jima, which she used, and Captain America, which our 8 year old son has on his bulletin board.

I will let Tanya answer the questions on how long it actually took her to do this. I know you should plan on at least 3 hours at a bare minimum. The more patient you are the better the result. These kits are applied the same way you apply window tint to a vehicle. You prep the surface with alcohol to remove any oily residues, then use a spray bottle with water and a very small amount of dish soap. Wet the surface, peel the backing off the piece, place it where it needs to be, and then slowly squeegee out the soapy water from underneath doing your best to get all of the little bubbles out.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWsqZ5t5ws

PCBeachBum
08-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Wow!!!! That is awesome looking, Great Job! Bet you get more salutes that tickets with that and you might get a lot of requests to be in parades.:2thumbs: :congrats: :clap::thumbup:

Fire Joe
08-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Very very nice!! Definitely an attention grabber! :congrats: :2thumbs:

effgjamis
08-24-2010, 05:26 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs::yes::yes::congrats: Great.

BumbleBee
08-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Sharp looking :2thumbs:

groundeffect
08-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Looks cool and colorful!

wyliec
08-24-2010, 06:07 AM
I never thought I would give wraps a second look; but, that one is fantastic! Great job. :2thumbs:

Desert Spyder
08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Thats one Yankee Doodle Dandy! :2thumbs:

Capt John
08-24-2010, 07:08 AM
AWESOME :2thumbs::clap::yes::yes:

Roger
08-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Now that i like is, it hard to apply

Trickie Dick
08-24-2010, 07:18 AM
I salute you:thumbup:.

Eraser
08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Very Slick!:2thumbs:

musicarcade
08-24-2010, 07:52 AM
:congrats:
:clap:
great job

it will be easier to find you two now.:2thumbs:
:bowdown::firstplace:

Yazz
08-24-2010, 07:56 AM
:2thumbs:Awesome!:2thumbs:

retired1
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
That is one awesome looking :2thumbs:. If you don't have one yet, you should be thinking about building a "Best of show" trophy shelf!

DynamoBT
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow!!! That's really sharp!! Great design!! You will be noticed!!!

IWN2RYD
08-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Looks amazing!! I have my eye on the Shoei X-12 Glory (http://www.bikebandit.com/shoei-x-12-glory-2-full-face-helmet)... As for our bike... Been debating on air brushing or not on ours... We have what we think is a killer idea for our RT. :D

Lamonster
08-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Very nice :congrats:

Love2Ride
08-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Looks amazing!! I have my eye on the Shoei X-12 Glory (http://www.bikebandit.com/shoei-x-12-glory-2-full-face-helmet)... As for our bike... Been debating on air brushing or not on ours... We have what we think is a killer idea for our RT. :D
Just to let you know, Peter does RT's and he does custom jobs too. So, if you want to you can let him know what your idea is and e mail him your pics and what not and he can design a wrap for you.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. My hubby is without a doubt the most unselfish individual.

I had a hard time finding what I wanted due to the fact that the red is hard to match up.

This has variations in the red and it does well on the bike. The lights from TricLed and ESI only serve to complement the look. :2thumbs: I love my lights. :)

Peter includes a piece of felt with a sticky back. You find an old credit card and just put that on the edge. It works great for getting rid of bubbles and doesn't scratch the work.

It took about three hours to do. This vinyl is unlike anything I've used. It doesn't break easily nor does it stretch easily. It works best in a warm invironment. I did Michael's when it was about 40 outside. (shiver) It was onery but it went on great.

You will get some annoying tiny bubbles but they disappear in time.

Peter is the best. He's the only person I know that backs his work. AND if you send in pics he warranties it for you with free replacement if any of it gets damaged.

FANG
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Great Look -- very impressive :2thumbs:

Brevet05
08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Wow, that's gorgeous! I concur with the work of art assessment. Nice design, indeed.:2thumbs:

mxz600
08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
That is gorgeous, very nice indeed. Congratulations on a job well done.:clap:

Sarge707
08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Nice:clap: I could picture it on a pedestal at the Super Bowl with the Marine Band Playing!!:2thumbs:

canam9
08-24-2010, 01:07 PM
WOW :2thumbs::2thumbs: nice vid.:ohyea::ohyea: :ani29:

aerialdall
08-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Just to let you know, Peter does RT's and he does custom jobs too. So, if you want to you can let him know what your idea is and e mail him your pics and what not and he can design a wrap for you.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. My hubby is without a doubt the most unselfish individual.

I had a hard time finding what I wanted due to the fact that the red is hard to match up.

This has variations in the red and it does well on the bike. The lights from TricLed and ESI only serve to complement the look. :2thumbs: I love my lights. :)

Peter includes a piece of felt with a sticky back. You find an old credit card and just put that on the edge. It works great for getting rid of bubbles and doesn't scratch the work.

It took about three hours to do. This vinyl is unlike anything I've used. It doesn't break easily nor does it stretch easily. It works best in a warm invironment. I did Michael's when it was about 40 outside. (shiver) It was onery but it went on great.

You will get some annoying tiny bubbles but they disappear in time.

Peter is the best. He's the only person I know that backs his work. AND if you send in pics he warranties it for you with free replacement if any of it gets damaged.

Love2Ride..If you wanted to leave off the Iwo Jima decal would it look OK without it? It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures if that was added as an extra & if you left it off if that part would be covered as well with something else.

I think it looks just awesome & you'll definitely get noticed even more!

Thanks,
Deb

ntxYguy2009
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
:2thumbs:

David

thekershaw's
08-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Very nice. We ordered a special design from Peter as well and he did a great job on making what we were looking for. It took us 5 hrs to install ours, and yes it takes alot of patience to install. Awsome:2thumbs:

thekershaw's
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
PS. I have install pics in my profile.

Love2Ride
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Love2Ride..If you wanted to leave off the Iwo Jima decal would it look OK without it? It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures if that was added as an extra & if you left it off if that part would be covered as well with something else.

I think it looks just awesome & you'll definitely get noticed even more!

Thanks,
Deb

Yes it is separate. :) He had one that was Captain America. ;) My son has that one. LOL

It'd look fine without the sticker. He has a couple of others you can put on that mostly are his advertisement.

Leaving it off is fine! I'll look just as good.

SpyderAnn01
08-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Three cheers for the red, white and blue! She must have a lot of patience to apply that, I hope the garage was air conditioned.

Love2Ride
08-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Three cheers for the red, white and blue! She must have a lot of patience to apply that, I hope the garage was air conditioned.

No, it wasn't air conditioned. :( BLECH! LOL But I did have a couple of fans on. ;)

hawkiii
08-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Very cool. :congrats:

Raptor
08-24-2010, 05:05 PM
No, it wasn't air conditioned. :( BLECH! LOL But I did have a couple of fans on. ;)

Mrs Wolfen!!

Given what you have accomplished I do believe it is time for an avitar pic change!! :D

bjt
08-24-2010, 05:19 PM
:congrats: Very Nice :2thumbs: :clap:

+ about 40 :2thumbs:

bruceofthebronx
08-24-2010, 06:02 PM
That's what you need for a PGR mission. Ride safe

Love2Ride
08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Mrs Wolfen!!

Given what you have accomplished I do believe it is time for an avitar pic change!! :D

Better? :)
Thanks for the compliement.

Bruce ~ I was thinking the same thing. :)

It's tedious doing some parts. The fenders are a taxing and I recommend you do the hood first to get the feel of how it goes on.

After, do the fenders... all three. Do them while you have patience and your back isn't sore. LOL The rest is easy peasy!

COOLMACHINE
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Love the wrap. Top notch! Thanks for sharing with us.

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Mrs Wolfen!!

It might be about time to change her signature pic as well. :D

AMTJIM
08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I love it. Is this the same individual selling the thicker "off-road" type vinyl durability wraps on ebay for $399.xx? Looks great! I really like the aircraft and american flag wrap.

Love2Ride
08-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I love it. Is this the same individual selling the thicker "off-road" type vinyl durability wraps on ebay for $399.xx? Looks great! I really like the aircraft and american flag wrap.

No no no. I actually contacted them. They don't guarantee a thing! And thicker isn't always better. I asked "how do you apply it" the response... "It's a sticker". LOL

When I initially met Peter ( spyderdetailing.com ) we purchased Michael's. He has a helpful 'how to' video on his site. He also makes these for jet skis. I figured if it can live up to the pounding of a jet ski then it had to be tough. Then, he added in the extra warranty. His kits are only 349.00

I can tell you that Michael's is almost a year old and it hasn't faded or dulled in any way. Nor has it cracked or peeled.

IWN2RYD
08-24-2010, 07:43 PM

Thank you for that info... Sadly I am a bit old school. The idea I have has been in my head for many years. But now I finally have a vehicle worthy of it. No pics :(

I cannot say what it is... Because I want my idea to be mine and seen first, not have it show up on another ryde. Selfish sure. But I have been in and around car-truck-bike shows ... say close to fifty of them (Involvement) in one way or another. And I have not seen the combination/type/mix I have in mind.:2thumbs::doorag:

What I can say is when I have asked those I trust, and then showed them the bike and demonstrated what I mean.. Their eyes light up and love the idea!

Gimpy Girl
08-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Looks really sharp! Way to go! :2thumbs:

Blue Star
08-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Love it :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Love2Ride
08-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Thank you for that info... Sadly I am a bit old school. The idea I have has been in my head for many years. But now I finally have a vehicle worthy of it. No pics :(

I cannot say what it is... Because I want my idea to be mine and seen first, not have it show up on another ryde. Selfish sure. But I have been in and around car-truck-bike shows ... say close to fifty of them (Involvement) in one way or another. And I have not seen the combination/type/mix I have in mind.:2thumbs::doorag:

What I can say is when I have asked those I trust, and then showed them the bike and demonstrated what I mean.. Their eyes light up and love the idea!

Contact Peter. Tell him Tanya sent you. I don't get anything for it just want him to know that I've been spreading the word. Tell him you want an original and I'm sure it won't be a problem. I do believe that mine was the first made. No one else has it... yet. LOL

Pete is a GREAT guy. I went with the wrap instead of the paint cuz I knew eventually a rock or bug would hit it. :( That woulda made me sick. So, the neat thing was this. It's replaceable. :) And I've seen how it has done on Michael's over the past year and it's just great.

Can't wait to see what you do! You have me all curious now!

chuck58
08-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Most Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

wyliec
08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Contact Peter. Tell him Tanya sent you. I don't get anything for it just want him to know that I've been spreading the word. Tell him you want an original and I'm sure it won't be a problem. I do believe that mine was the first made. No one else has it... yet. LOL

Pete is a GREAT guy. I went with the wrap instead of the paint cuz I knew eventually a rock or bug would hit it. :( That woulda made me sick. So, the neat thing was this. It's replaceable. :) And I've seen how it has done on Michael's over the past year and it's just great.

Can't wait to see what you do! You have me all curious now!

As much as I didn't like wraps, I think I may get a 'copy' of your original. You're in SC and I'm in NY and we probably will never see each other's spyder. Right now I just can't think of anything that would go better with red and I know you made a similar comment.

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 08:59 PM
As much as I didn't like wraps, I think I may get a 'copy' of your original. You're in SC and I'm in NY and we probably will never see each other's spyder. Right now I just can't think of anything that would go better with red and I know you made a similar comment.

There's always room for more! :D Peter has a couple of other flag ideas he was working on as well, but Tanya explained what she wanted and he nailed it. The good thing is now that it has been created he should be able to reproduce it for others quite a bit faster.

I also have a feeling that with the individual modifications, even if we do show up at the same event, you will be able to tell which one is yours without having to put the key in it. :thumbup:

COOLMACHINE
08-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I haven't seen anybody else ask yet but was wondering how it would look on the silver and black spyder? Any idea?........ I know, I know, contact the guy who makes them... :)

Smylinacha
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
WOW! Nice work! Very very cool!:2thumbs::doorag::clap::thumbup:

SpyderWolf
08-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I haven't seen anybody else ask yet but was wondering how it would look on the silver and black spyder? Any idea?........ I know, I know, contact the guy who makes them... :)

That may actually work out fine as well. What you need to envision is the thin red lines between the pieces being silver instead. I think it has enough other color variations with the blue and white, that it may look really good on a silver Spyder.

The question becomes are you brave enough to take a chance? Or, perhaps you could send a PM to Tatt2R and see if he can use his Photoshop skills to turn the red to silver on one of the pictures in this thread. That would be a great way to get a general idea of how it would look. :thumbup:

With that being said, there is no way I would ever think of trying it on a yellow one.

NautiBrit
08-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Great job. The red color match looks spot on.

aerialdall
08-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Yes it is separate. :) He had one that was Captain America. ;) My son has that one. LOL

It'd look fine without the sticker. He has a couple of others you can put on that mostly are his advertisement.

Leaving it off is fine! I'll look just as good.

Thanks for the info! Still can't decide which design I like better. He has another design that I like a lot but not sure if it would go well with the red. When I had looked at yours on his website it was so hard to visualize but actually seeing it on the Spyder made all the difference in the world! I've emailed him & ask if he had any suggestions as to which of his designs might look best on the red. I'm not patient or creative enough to come up with my own design. lol

Thanks again!

Deb

SpyderWolf
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the info! Still can't decide which design I like better. He has another design that I like a lot but not sure if it would go well with the red. When I had looked at yours on his website it was so hard to visualize but actually seeing it on the Spyder made all the difference in the world! I've emailed him & ask if he had any suggestions as to which of his designs might look best on the red. I'm not patient or creative enough to come up with my own design. lol

Thanks again!

Deb

Best of luck choosing the right one for you. With so many options it can seem like a daunting task at times. Of course, once you do get the kit installed you will have to post pictures to show the rest of us. :thumbup:

Littlebadwolf
08-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Mine's also red/black and I'm seriously thinking about getting the same for mine...I'm in Michigan and doubt that I'd see another in the same area. I run with a crowd of veterans so the theme fits right in.

LDFIREWORKS
08-26-2010, 09:17 AM
:congrats: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

vtrider
08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
That looks awsome! Nice job! :2thumbs:

COOLMACHINE
09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I ordered my flag wrap today. I have a silver and black machine. I'm going for it!

Love2Ride
09-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I ordered my flag wrap today. I have a silver and black machine. I'm going for it!

Awesome! I can't wait to see it! Wish I could help ya put it on. :) Peter should have it to ya in a couple of weeks tops.

You going to SITS?

COOLMACHINE
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I certainly hope less than a couple of weeks for delivery..... but.... I'll get it when I get it.
I'm looking forward to getting it put on.

SpyderWolf
09-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I certainly hope less than a couple of weeks for delivery..... but.... I'll get it when I get it.
I'm looking forward to getting it put on.

Cool! I can't wait to see how it looks on your Spyder. :thumbup: