PDA

View Full Version : Pikes Peak and around Colorado Springs Vacation

madozier
08-22-2010, 06:28 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of riding to Pikes Peak and other places around that area next June. So I am posting this to get two different inputs. One for those that have been is it a good place to go for a week to ride that area. Two if anyone would like to meet and ride or if anyone would like to make the same trip I'll be in Gatlinburg for the BBQ and SITS if you would like to discuss it then.

Capt John
08-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of riding to Pikes Peak and other places around that area next June. So I am posting this to get two different inputs. One for those that have been is it a good place to go for a week to ride that area. Two if anyone would like to meet and ride or if anyone would like to make the same trip I'll be in Gatlinburg for the BBQ and SITS if you would like to discuss it then.

Can't give you any help with Colorado Springs. I was there 42 years ago in 1st grade ( if I could just remember what the name of the school and my 1st grade teacher) I would be able to enter Magic Man's new contest.:roflblack: Here is the thread to my planned trip to Gatlinburg.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22173

madozier
08-23-2010, 12:57 AM
I will start that way either the late on 19th (Noonish) and stay in Chattanooga or start early on the 20th and drive straight through to Gatlinburg. I will most likely start on the 19th if I can get some sleep after work. :2thumbs:

scudrunner
08-23-2010, 08:16 AM
We took a trip to that area a few years ago and stayed at Woodland Park, up the road to the NW of Colorado Springs. Good central location. We did the Pikes Peak drive, rode horses through the Garden of the Gods, did some fly fishing in Eleven Mile Park and golf in Colorado Springs. A day trip to Canon to the south to ride the Great Gorge Railroad is a must too. We took a drive one day from Woodland Park to Floressant then down Hwy 1 to Cripple Creek (lunch and a little gambling) then on Hwy 67 back up to Hwy 24 at Divide. Just outside Cripple Creek, there is a mine you can go down into for a tour. That was interesting.
Lots of stuff to do there, and you won't be bored riding.
We didn't have a bike, we flew in and got a rental car. Was seriously thinking of renting a Harley for a day though.