PDA

View Full Version : Excited new owner of a RT-S

poolratt
08-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Just purchased a Brand new Timeless Black RT-S and I'm completely physced. I have been riding all kinds of bikes, three wheelers & quads most of my life and nothing compares to this. Although I'm sad that my Harley has taken second in my choice of rides me and my girlfriend have put more miles on the Spyder in the last couple of days than we would put on the Harley in a month. This has given us a renewed enthusiasm in motorcycling which has been exhilarating. Not to mention the attention this thing gets as there are no other Spyders in my area that I'm aware of. We've been to 2 bikenights in our area since the purchase and not only were we accepted amongst all the Harley guys we couldn't get away from the Spyder through the deluge of questions(this may get old lol). We live in the Oklahoma City metro area and if there's anybody in the area with a Spyder that wants to ride let me know. I also want to apologize in advance for all the newbie questions that I may ask (I promise I will search before I post a question lol). I've read through these threads and my head is swimming with the potential mods that can be made to these machines. I look forward to getting to now this forum and the Spyder lovers here. Thanks, Ricky

mxz600
08-22-2010, 10:13 AM
:congrats: and welcome.

jodemonken
08-22-2010, 10:45 AM
welcome

RodO
08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
That is way cool:2thumbs:
welcome

mushroom
Old man in Ft worth Texas purchased a se5 Spyder and after everal years of no bike am completly blown away. Wil take awhile to get back up to speed on Bikes but in the interum will just enjoy the ride. Any one in the ft worth area want to ride localy just HOLLER.

stormtrooper
welcome :congrats: same thing here.Had hd fatboy just sitting there collecting dust could not stay off the spyder rs-s I purchased.Hd gone sold it.

GypsyBill
08-22-2010, 10:51 AM
:congrats: and welcome from another couple newbie owners (and ex Harley riders) of a :spyder2:

bikeguy
08-22-2010, 11:42 AM
welcome :congrats: on purchasing the RTS. Enjoy the ride.

Cotton

Texmac1011
08-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Old man in Ft worth Texas purchased a se5 Spyder and after everal years of no bike am completly blown away. Wil take awhile to get back up to speed on Bikes but in the interum will just enjoy the ride. Any one in the ft worth area want to ride localy just HOLLER.

welcome from another FTW ryder

Yazz
08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Poolratt,welcome Ask all the questions you want. Very knowledgeable people around here.

Yazz
08-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Hi Mushroom, welcome Glad to see your knees in the breeze again!

canam9
08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
welcome and :congrats: to poolratt and mushroom. :ani29:

Capt John
08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
:congrats::yes::yes:welcome

musicarcade
08-22-2010, 03:04 PM
:congrats: andwelcome

you will find that mods are kind of like a vehicle getting 0 miles per gallon; you just want to keep feeding it!:yikes::roflblack:

retired1
08-22-2010, 03:09 PM
:congrats: and welcomes. :2thumbs:

fastfraser
08-22-2010, 03:34 PM
:congrats:welcome:spyder2:ON.

ARtraveler
08-22-2010, 03:47 PM
:congrats: on your new RT-S. You are really going to like it, especially on longer trips. 11,000 miles on mine and going strong.

Spydeb
08-22-2010, 03:53 PM
:congrats: on your purchase. I am in the Ft Worth area and bought mine in May and already have 4000 miles+ and loving mine!
There are a few in this area planning a ride as soon as it cools off if your interested.

jimclarkf1
08-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I hope you contiue to enjoy the RT, next I hope you BEAT TEXAS, this fall and come to CUBA MO, next spring (COWTOWN) :clap:

Big Arm
08-22-2010, 04:38 PM
welcome and :congrats: to poolratt and mushroom. :ani29:

+1 :agree: :2thumbs:

Lamonster
08-22-2010, 05:50 PM
:congrats: and welcome:ohyea:

SpyderWolf
08-22-2010, 06:51 PM
welcome and :congrats: to you and the other new owners who have posted in this thread as well.

teacherbob
08-22-2010, 07:11 PM
:congrats:welcome I recommend that you get an essential add on. The RT T-shirt from CAT specialties. Totally cool.

SpyderGirl
08-23-2010, 04:58 PM
:congrats: and welcome to the thrill on three wheels!! :2thumbs:

:spyder2: on!!

Riversong
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey Poolratt, I have had my RT for about two weeks now and it has been total bliss. I don't miss my Harley at all. My wife's riding as my co-pilot has increased ten fold.

BumbleBee
08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Just purchased a Brand new Timeless Black RT-S and I'm completely physced. I have been riding all kinds of bikes, three wheelers & quads most of my life and nothing compares to this. Although I'm sad that my Harley has taken second in my choice of rides me and my girlfriend have put more miles on the Spyder in the last couple of days than we would put on the Harley in a month. This has given us a renewed enthusiasm in motorcycling which has been exhilarating. Not to mention the attention this thing gets as there are no other Spyders in my area that I'm aware of. We've been to 2 bikenights in our area since the purchase and not only were we accepted amongst all the Harley guys we couldn't get away from the Spyder through the deluge of questions(this may get old lol). We live in the Oklahoma City metro area and if there's anybody in the area with a Spyder that wants to ride let me know. I also want to apologize in advance for all the newbie questions that I may ask (I promise I will search before I post a question lol). I've read through these threads and my head is swimming with the potential mods that can be made to these machines. I look forward to getting to now this forum and the Spyder lovers here. Thanks, Ricky

:congrats: and welcome Enjoy your new ryde and ryde safe!

SpyderRider
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
It just keeps getting better the more I ryde! :2thumbs:

mrwidget
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
:congrats:welcome

New Sharon Spyder
08-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Congrats, get used to the Rock Star status. It doesn't go away. I have nothing but acceptance around the bikers I ride with and it is all brands.
:2thumbs:

curly
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Welcome poolrat & mushroom, and congrats on the new spyders.