PDA

View Full Version : New MD tag

qasamm
08-22-2010, 08:38 AM
I just got my personalized plate for my Spyder yesterday DRVON3. Nice thing about the new plate is they changed to a standard size. You can now use standard mounts and frames without any tricks. Btw- they have a new law that makes it illegal to trim or mod the plate in any way.

M2Wild
08-22-2010, 08:46 AM
I needed to trip my NY plate (by 1/8") to fit inside the LED plate relocator.

SilverSurfer
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Ya know Sam ... I'd like to see that new plate ... looking at the rear of your bike whilst moving. Sure would've been nice to have you along with Alton, Irish and I this past weekend.

Paul

qasamm
09-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I know! I spent the holiday weekend sick and am now back on the road traveling for work for the next few weeks.

I'd like to see about maybe planning something the weekend of the 18th.

SilverSurfer
09-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Welcome back, Sam ... hope you're feeling better. Hm ... the 18th ... Irish2theMax, Altonk and I are headed down to Tennessee (Spyders in the Smokies) the morning of the 19th (coming back on the 26th). We may be doing final tweaks and adjustments on our machines on the 18th.

I noted that THIS weekend, that the Columbia Motorcycle Meetup.com group was going to do a Covered Bridge run up to Thurmont. The meetup point is 930am on Saturday the 11th at the McDonalds at Long Gate Shopping Center (MD Rt. 100 and 103). It doesn't sound like it's going to be all that long-distance; perhaps 100 miles or so (to Thurmont, the bridges, lunch and back). I'd be game for that if you want to accost some two-wheelers (older guys on cruisers) with a couple of Spyders. Otherwise, I think our next opportunity would be the Weekend of October 3. Needless to say, other ryders on our mid-atlantic group may be up for a ryde on the 18th or 25th-26th; it's just that three of us will be tied up.

Paul

altonk
09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm in