PDA

View Full Version : Got my stuff from SpyderPops

Smylinacha
08-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Got my belt guard and missing air dam :2thumbs: Looking forward to putting those on this weekend (well I mean HDX putting them on LOL). But then again, maybe I can do it myself - instructions look easy.

wyliec
08-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Got my belt guard and missing air dam :2thumbs: Looking forward to putting those on this weekend (well I mean HDX putting them on LOL). But then again, maybe I can do it myself - instructions look easy.

If you are going to try the install for the belt guard, you may want to check this out: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=240141#post240141

I'm only about 85%-90% mechanically inclined. This may save you some time, unless you are 100% mechanically inclined; then, don't waste your time reading that thread.

M2Wild
08-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Got mine last night too. Will put the belt guard on first as they chip sealed a whole bunch of roads around town recently.

Smylinacha
08-21-2010, 08:40 AM
If you are going to try the install for the belt guard, you may want to check this out: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=240141#post240141

I'm only about 85%-90% mechanically inclined. This may save you some time, unless you are 100% mechanically inclined; then, don't waste your time reading that thread.

Thx! Looks like I won't be doing this by myself

pjp623
08-21-2010, 01:44 PM
:yes::yes::yes: Got my kit as well, good rainy day project for tomorrow.

Campverdefela
08-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Thx! Looks like I won't be doing this by myself
Oh come on, its probably easier for you than my 220lb. bod.

vtrider
08-21-2010, 04:49 PM

This is a mod that I've been looking at. I want to add the whole package deal to mine. It probably will be a project for next spring though.

M2Wild
08-21-2010, 06:18 PM
This is a mod that I've been looking at. I want to add the whole package deal to mine. It probably will be a project for next spring though.
It's pretty easy. I wouldn't wait and risk a rock in the belt. Towns tend to chip seal roads in the end of summer and rock chips are all over the place. Got the MAD and MBG on there in less than 1.5 hours. Gonna go play with the rest of the stuff tomorrow morning.:clap:

Smylinacha
08-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Nice 10 minute job - HDX got the belt guard on no problem. We didn't have to deal w/ the fender because we took all that off a while back. Didn't ride it today - it's been raining all day long.

Missing Air Dam tomorrow.

rnet
08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Nice 10 minute job - HDX got the belt guard on no problem. We didn't have to deal w/ the fender because we took all that off a while back. Didn't ride it today - it's been raining all day long.

Missing Air Dam tomorrow.Kim, do a dry run first, allot of people get the piece for the side on to low and place it at the seem in the radiator, it needs to be a little higher. Slide the top piece in position and that will show you were the side one needs to be. now your ready to glue.