PDA

View Full Version : Finally! A Day of Sun on the Nor-Cal Coast

Raptor
08-17-2010, 11:12 PM
It finally happened. After days and days of gloom and fog It finally happened. I woke to the usual fog and drizzling rain and rode to work in same all the way to SAn Jose. No big deal; just another day of "Summer " in Northern Califormia! :gaah:

And then about noon-ish the clouds and fog just peeled back. I went outside to take a walk at lunch and it was warm. It felt nice for a change. When I jumped on 14 @ 16:30 it felt good. I just felt like I had a chance to get a banzai run in if nothing else.

I took off and hit the highway. And it was beautiful! I figured forget the banzai run; I am heading for the coast! If it sucks, no big. I can just turn and burn. So I get to the top of the hill; the fog has actually pushed back to the ocean. The coast is clear!

Man I charged 9 and then 35 and through 84 like I have never charged before. The new sway bar did it's job as 14 sliced through turn after turn, sweeper after sweeper like a knife through butter. My mind was on, my timing was down. It was an amazing rush. Before I knew it, Highway One lay before me. And no fog. :clap:

I hooked a left and just cruised south, all the way to Santa Cruz. I didn't even speed; When you're out there and it's like that, The ocean and the beaches just sprawling out in front of you, you don't want to. I was just taking it all in. It was fantastic. The ride back was even more breath-taking as I watched the Sun set while I made my way back, trying to beat the darkness and the eventual fog that would once again roll in.

That is probably the longest run 14 has done in one shot, a couple hundred miles easy. I just got back to write this. There is just something that resonates inside you when you are in the saddle, there is no one around you, you are riding up the coast, the colors of dqy are fading away and the Sun is going down. I can't describe it right now; it was very memorable. This is the Spyder experience. And it's pretty :cus: AWSOME!

SpyderWolf
08-18-2010, 05:59 AM
:2thumbs:

Great write up, and I am glad the fog pulled away to let you enjoy it. Hopefully you will have a lot more days like this one.