PDA

View Full Version : An OMG moment

Dragonrider
08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
I just finished installing my ISCI hand brake (quality stuff !) However, I have the ESI riser kit, which won't allow enough rotation for a proper fit.

Talking to ISCI, they suggested notching the right riser to match the left one - - Duhhh, why don't I just buy another left one from ESI??? Anyone else have this problem? How did you solve it? Does ESI offer separate parts??

Dragonrider
08-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Well, Evan informed me that using the left riser on the right won't work -angles are wrong :( - So, it looks like hacksaw time... Evan stated that his new risers would work, but, with the BRP riser, they won't work on my RS....

Any other suggestions before I begin hacking??

NancysToy
08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, Evan informed me that using the left riser on the right won't work -angles are wrong :( - So, it looks like hacksaw time... Evan stated that his new risers would work, but, with the BRP riser, they won't work on my RS....

Any other suggestions before I begin hacking??
I'd reconsider just hacking it off. Getting a machinist to mill it out to match the left would be better.

rnet
08-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Any other suggestions before I begin hacking??Rethink your install, I have both and no problems. 4" ESI risers and ISCI hand brake, but no BRP riser. I guess your talking about the 1" riser.

Dragonrider
08-17-2010, 10:57 PM
It's the angle - I like to sit upright. If I rotated the risers forward, there would be room, however, set the way I like them, the reservoir won't rotate far enough...

dabreitbach
08-18-2010, 08:40 AM
get out the grinder. try to match the contour of the other and smooth everything out. Its what I did 17000 miles and over 2 years ago. Just don't go more than the other and you should be fine.:2thumbs: