PDA

View Full Version : Bike to bike comm for iPhone users

altonk
08-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I found a cool app for the iPhone it's called iptt
If you have cell coverage you can push to talk to each other as a group on a channel or privately.

I would suggest we pick a channel for the spider in the smokies event and to chat to other spyder riders while you are on the road.

I'm going to try to become admin on channel 3.o so we can use it
You can ignore user and vote them off the channel if they are profane etc.

If ur interested let me know and I'll monitor the channel

I think it would be a great way to communicate during the rally if we all tune in

Btw the app is free

altonk
08-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Channel 5.1 is the USA channel and we can listen there also but I would suggest we make channel 3.0 the spider channel

bodymanpainter
08-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Just signed up thanks for the info!:2thumbs:

phillipbj
08-15-2010, 08:56 AM
I just signed up also. Not sure if this will work over my Bluetooth headset though, while riding. So far I haven’t heard anyone speaking English. At least no users were on channel 3.0. I only played with it for about 5 minutes.

Lamonster
08-15-2010, 09:05 AM
I read the reviews and I think I'll pass on this one.

phillipbj
08-15-2010, 09:22 AM
The biggest complaint seemed to be lack of English speaking users.
If there were a bunch of us on a certain (clear) channel, well there you go. English speakers, or south GA English for me...
Since the app is free, we could dump it later if totally dissatisfied with it.

Lamonster
08-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Just signed up but had a heck of a time finding a username that wasn't taken. I'll give it a try.

phillipbj
08-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Just signed up but had a heck of a time finding a username that wasn't taken. I'll give it a try.

I had that problem also. We both tried nine characters.
I guess you could have dropped the last r. I dropped a b in mine.
It may be junk but worth a try just for the event.

Lamonster
08-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Played with it for about 10 min. and have now deleted my account and removed the app. Felt like I was in Iraq even on the USA channel. It was like a really bad CB experience, pretty sad really, it could be a good app if you could create your own private channels.

altonk
08-15-2010, 11:25 AM
I figured it was worth a try and the price is right. With a few changes this could be the perfect bike to bike intercom. Especially if it supported droid too

altonk
08-15-2010, 12:02 PM
We can keep others off a channel by voting them out

altonk
08-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I'll stay parked on channel 3.0 this afternoon if anyone wants to give it a try