PDA

View Full Version : NOT A REAL PEOPLE PERSON

namknight
08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I am a relative newbie to this site. I realize this will not endure me to many of you. I have one request.
Could we please stop replacing the I with the Y?
It really is very cliquish. Sorry Yt's just me.

Sarge707
08-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I am a relative newbie to this site. I realize this will not endure me to many of you. I have one request.

:hun:

SpyderSteve
08-14-2010, 04:36 PM
:dontknow:

Lamonster
08-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Y??????:dontknow:
http://www.ourkitchensink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/whatchu-talking-bout-willis-our-kitchen-sink.jpg

grumpybob
08-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Spider spider on the wall
don't you have no sense at all
don't you know that walls been plastered
get off that wall you silly *******.

For some reason that just came to mind!!

Blue Star
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Umm, I don't understand your point. The "Y" is used to replace the "I" because the bikes name is Spyder. Note how the Y is red, and is used in the spelling. Thus it is Spyder, and not Spider. Could be "cliquish", but this cliq (board) is for SpyderLovers. So I don't think you will be too successful in your request.

Smylinacha
08-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Y can't we be friends? :2thumbs:

spyryder
08-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Relax, just go for a rYde.;)

SilverSurfer
08-14-2010, 04:57 PM
It's like Harley clubs are HOGs; Goldwing riders have 'WingDings' and Spyder people are caled Spyder Ryders. It's pride in our bykes and community, that's all.

:ohyea:

Neez
08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
All Y factor folks here, Namknight. Welcome to the clyque!

dltang
08-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the board, but I do believe you are going to lose this battle. They do call this the "Y" factor in their advertising. It just becomes easy to replace the "i" with a "y" in other words besides Spyder. Now if you are talking about the "y" in Spyder you are really going to lose. That is the name and how the company spells it. Pick your battles, let the little things go and enjoy the friendship and conversation of this site.

Dragonrider
08-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Gosh, Y really don't know what hys problem could possybly be??

Jornie1
08-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Just trying to make light of this...... But... have any of you all out there ever heard the story of the guy who's shorts were a little too tight??? Len...;)

krb1945
08-14-2010, 07:06 PM
welcome Welcome Spyder rider. We were all newbie's when we joined this board.

I've only been on here a few days and I haven't seen the "Y" for "I" exchange you are referring to, except for the way Spyder is spelled. Factory did that misspell for us. Please give us a link to view.

Once again welcome to the site... Ken krb1945

boborgera
08-14-2010, 07:17 PM

Now if you want to talk about replacing the T with an F as in the Trunk ,
You might come close to wining that one.:yes::roflblack::yes:

canam9
08-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Umm, I don't understand your point. The "Y" is used to replace the "I" because the bikes name is Spyder. Note how the Y is red, and is used in the spelling. Thus it is Spyder, and not Spider. Could be "cliquish, but this cliq (board) is for SpyderLovers. So I don't think you will be too successful in your request.
:agree::ani29:

spydsense
08-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Holy Crud..... what is the problem.

Y is the foot print of the spYder.

get with it :spyder::clap::ohyea: and enjoy.

SpyderSteve
08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
You might come close to wining that one.:yes::roflblack::yes: :agree:

dave01
08-14-2010, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=namknight;238244]Could we please stop replacing the I with the Y?.[QUOTE]

Probabli not, but I am going to tri

SpyderRider
08-14-2010, 09:41 PM
This thread is kYllYng me! :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:

musicarcade
08-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Well get over yt.:joke:

wyliec
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
:agree: The Spyder that resides in my garage has a 'front trunk', that other name is queer......

No truer words have been spoken.

Blue Star
08-14-2010, 10:34 PM
welcome Welcome Spyder rider. We were all newbie's when we joined this board.

I've only been on here a few days and I haven't seen the "Y" for "I" exchange you are referring to, except for the way Spyder is spelled. Factory did that misspell for us. Please give us a link to view.

Once again welcome to the site... Ken krb1945
An example would be "I am going to ryde to Lamontser's BBQ in September". :clap:

golfman
08-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Y I own a spYder...Y realli love Yt. Yt ys realli good. That ys whi Y love the Spyder!

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

RodO
08-14-2010, 10:50 PM

OK, but whi?

:joke:

VaughnCat
08-14-2010, 11:10 PM
:agree: oops . . . Y Agree!
Y'm begynnyng to feel lyke a YdYot for not beyng polytycalli correct.

:roflblack:Maybe we need authoryzed versyon of SpyderLovers spell check?:roflblack:

Vaughn

truck 85
08-14-2010, 11:42 PM
:agree: oops . . . Y Agree!
Y'm begynnyng to feel lyke a YdYot for not beyng polytycalli correct.

:roflblack:Maybe we need authoryzed versyon of SpyderLovers spell check?:roflblack:

Vaughn

Maibe we can get Lamonster to work on that. Y thynk that ys a great ydea.:shemademe_smilie:

Blue Star
08-15-2010, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE=namknight;238244]Could we please stop replacing the I with the Y?.[QUOTE]

Probabli not, but I am going to tri

Hei everione, thys makyng fun of the gui who made a freyndli request from us ys not veri adult lyke, oops :shemademe_smilie:.

QuadManiac
08-15-2010, 01:19 AM

I suggest a two-fold resolution:

1) Take a Vallyum.

2) Relax and enjoy the information available at this wonderful site full of Spyderlovers.

PCBeachBum
08-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Holy Crud..... what is the problem.

Y is the foot print of the spYder.

get with it :spyder::clap::ohyea: and enjoy.

No Question About It That! :agree: :agree:

------------------------------:agree: :D

Smylinacha
08-15-2010, 07:53 AM

1) Take a Vallyum.

2) Relax and enjoy the information available at this wonderful site full of Spyderlovers.

But don't ryde the spyder when pye-eyed out on vallyum!:doorag:

M2Wild
08-15-2010, 08:09 AM
You guys gonna really confuse that dude .... now he is gonna go and try to look for the "I" gaskets and replace it.:roflblack:

FANG
08-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I like the Y. It sets us apart from the rest -- In fact I have to think about how to spell "ride" at times because it has become so natural to spell it with the "Y".

It's personal -- SPELL IT THE WAY U WANT. :dontknow:

boborgera
08-15-2010, 10:09 AM
BRP Considers the Spyder a Roadster not a Motorcycle= In Europe SPYDER is the name for Roadster.
Simple as that!

Neez
08-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Cagers drive. Bikers ride. SPYDERLOVERS RYDE!!!

namknight
08-15-2010, 11:07 AM
SMYLINACHA, Gets my vote for best reply.
Thanks.

Campverdefela
08-15-2010, 11:11 AM
You might come close to wining that one.:yes::roflblack::yes:
Wow! I hate that, but I do tell everyone mine is a bonnet ever since some Brit told me he liked my bonnet......hum

Dudley
08-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, I hope you understand a little better now. I can understand your thinking, but maybe you should have asked for an explanation of why we use "Y" instead of telling us to stop using "Y".

kentompkins
08-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Can you say the word "troll"??

kt

biker1
08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
:popcorn:

johnandginger
08-15-2010, 03:12 PM

you're a "newbie" so just chill--get over it if you don't understand that
don't complain this is a very helpful site for mods and repair,etc.:lecturef_smilie:

3Ryder
08-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Generally, when one is new to a group, the smart thing to do is take it slow and not start your first encounter with a request. But we'll try to "endure" your petition, and you might even "endear" yourself to us over time.
:thumbup:

AZ Desert Spyder
08-15-2010, 03:40 PM
welcome
Personally, I don't have any problems with your request. But I do have one request for you. Can you please spell your name "Namknyght"? I really think it would look much less cliquish! Thanks!:spyder::ohyea:

pjp623
08-15-2010, 06:45 PM
welcome But Y would you say something like that ??? :dontknow:

grumpybob
08-15-2010, 07:59 PM

1) Take a Vallyum.

I always take two vallYum before I rYde my spYder. Maybe I should stop taking them for a few daYs and see if is still as much fun, although that might make me grumpYer!!:roflblack::roflblack:

Roaddog2
08-15-2010, 09:03 PM
:agree: The Spyder that resides in my garage has a 'front trunk', that other name is queer......:agree:but then I started callin it a poot :doorag:

GeminiJane
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Sorry Namknight that your petition seems doomed to fail...but thanks for introducing a topic that was fun to read and brought out the humor and creative talents of many. NYCE WORK!

SpyderGirl
08-15-2010, 11:54 PM
:roflblack: :roflblack: you people are kylling me here!! :roflblack: :roflblack:

Insy
08-16-2010, 02:17 AM
This thread should be moved to the technical section.
"You say tomato I say ketchup".

MouthPiece
08-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Perhaps the title of this thread, "Not a real people person", is quite approriate?

Chris PE# 0004

irish2themax
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:zMgp8ju4O3Lk8M:http://fineartbymary.com/smilies/Copy_of_%20Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_liviuse.gif&t=1