PDA

View Full Version : Royal Enfield Motorcycle Reproductions

PCBeachBum
08-12-2010, 06:34 AM
For all of you that still love the Vintage Motorcycle Style. I saw a Royal Enfield Military Motorcycle, in the parking lot of Winn-Dixie Wednesday and wished, I could still ride a two wheeler.

Unfortunately my knees and ankles kept me out of motorcycling for 32 years, until the Spyder came along and I was able to get off the sidelines and back to ryding.

Oh how I wish! I could still handle one because this is one machine, I would love to have and the price is right! "Comeon Down"

The one I saw Wednesday, after talking to the owner was the Bullet C5 Military. My favorite is the Bullet G5 Classic and looking at the price, its what I paid for a new car in 1979.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/

RAL
08-12-2010, 07:49 AM
For all of you that still love the Vintage Motorcycle Style. I saw a Royal Enfield Military Motorcycle, in the parking lot of Winn-Dixie Wednesday and wished, I could still ride a two wheeler.

Unfortunately my knees and ankles kept me out of motorcycling for 32 years, until the Spyder came along and I was able to get off the sidelines and back to ryding.

Oh how I wish! I could still handle one because this is one machine, I would love to have and the price is right! "Comeon Down"

The one I saw Wednesday, after talking to the owner was the Bullet C5 Military. My favorite is the Bullet G5 Classic and looking at the price, its what I paid for a new car in 1979.

They are cool. You could always get one with a sidecar. One thing these are 90% old school, you will enjoy it more if you also like to twist a wrench. Good news they are simple machines that can be worked on in the shade of a tree.

RAL

sabunim5
08-12-2010, 12:28 PM
About six months ago I took the MSF class again to update my insurance discount and there was one in the class. Nice bike but I was surprised that it overheated during the parking lot drills. :gaah: The guy had to finish the class on a loaner from the beginners class. RAL is right about the sidecar rig. You could probably do that if the urge strikes you. Too bad I didn't get to meet you a couple of weeks ago when yours was in the shop, but Erags showed me some pictures.
Ryde Safe and Enjoy :thumbup:

PCBeachBum
08-12-2010, 04:06 PM
About six months ago I took the MSF class again to update my insurance discount and there was one in the class. Nice bike but I was surprised that it overheated during the parking lot drills. :gaah: The guy had to finish the class on a loaner from the beginners class. RAL is right about the sidecar rig. You could probably do that if the urge strikes you. Too bad I didn't get to meet you a couple of weeks ago when yours was in the shop, but Erags showed me some pictures.
Ryde Safe and Enjoy :thumbup:

I thought about a sidecar manytimes for years and couldn't get into them.

I've got the Spyder now and that's good enough for me. I just love the style and it took a lot to sell my '65, BSA 650 Lightening Rocket, back in 1977. The ex was a nurse and :shemademe_smilie: Seeing a lot of people come into the ER after an accident.

My brother was in an accident with a kid I went to school with, who cut in front of him on his bicycle. The only thing he could do was turn the handlebars and over he flew. The kid wasn't hurt but my brother who was wearing his helmet, had a concussion and broken collarbone. The first thing he said to me in the hospital, was go check my BMW. He was more worried about his bike at the time. He did go back to ryding and hung up his helmet a year ago at age 69. The BMW he sold and rode his daughter's 883 Sportster.

I wish the weather for you and Randy had been better and Bill, hadn't had the kidney stone attack, to meet you all. Ed left a messege on my cellphone when he got here stating there's no doubt in my mind, that your were a Boatswain's Mate after hearing your voicemail messege.

The weather here was nice as I'm sure Ed told you and it was great meeting Ed and his wife. They had a great time on the Poker Run and the only time it bothered me by not having my Spyder, was when they were heading to their hotel and seeing the back of his Phantom.

There will be another time we can get to meet and I'm looking forward to it. Bill told me about a BBQ in Ala. last night and I need a couple of mods, before a long trip. One a Comfort Seat and the other Highway Pegs. Being 6' 4", I cramp up and when Ed told me the speed ya'll travel at, I would also need a bigger windscreen. The stock one is fine around here and getting sandblasted at times, I figure is good for the skin.:roflblack:

I've got a Ruger Mini 14 up for sale at the gun shop and the owner just bought a new HD Road King about a month ago and his wife just bought a new Triumph Bonneville last Saturday. She was leaning towards a Honda Rebel and I told her to checkout the Triumph online. They are picking it up Saturday.

A customer of his is interested in the mini 14 and if he buys, I'll buy some mods.:thumbup:

Take care and Ryde Safe,

Brian.

Smylinacha
08-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Nice looking! Boy they don't cost alot either!

PCBeachBum
08-13-2010, 05:56 AM
They are cool. You could always get one with a sidecar. One thing these are 90% old school, you will enjoy it more if you also like to twist a wrench. Good news they are simple machines that can be worked on in the shade of a tree.

RAL

RAL, I thought about a sidecar a lot during the 32 years out of motorcycling and couldn't get into them. I've seen one around here and there is a guy here that has a garage full of classic bikes, from what my gun dealer says. The one I got a glimps at was a BMW and it had the Earl Forks and was a single cyclinder, either an R26 or R27.

I wish I did have some shade from a tree but, palm trees don't offer very much shade and those are the only trees we have. I thought about a small tent like they sell for the beach. They consist of 4 poles and a cover over the top and may check those out to get my Spyder out of the sun, so I can do some mods on that.

PCBeachBum
08-13-2010, 06:24 AM

Hmmm! I forgot about Smylin thinking about going back to a HD and wishing she could keep the Spyder and afford a two wheeler to. Its not a Harley but, has a lot of history behind it and the classic look of an old school bike, with over 50 years of innovations like the new Triumph Bonneville.

What caught my attention on the Bonneville, is where the carbs were is now where the fuel injection is and it has the same style as the 60s Triumph's.

retread
08-13-2010, 06:50 AM
I like the Enfield, might talk myself into one for a backup ride, but lately I've been trying to get info on the Johnny Pag bikes. I know they're built in China, have a Honda clone vertical twin, and about 5 different styles, and are CHEAP, beyond that, I'd be guessing. Other than the China part, which kind of sets up 2 strikes, anybody know anything about them?

john

ataDude
08-13-2010, 11:16 AM

That's because they're made in India. Not the same as the original company.

NancysToy
08-13-2010, 01:30 PM

Same basic engineering and design, though, not that the old Brit singles were anything to write home about. Actually, they are probably better than the old Brit Enfields, now that they moved them to a new factory in India, with all new tooling. Many of the new parts even fit the original. One of these would make a great 50s IOM replica racer. Beyond that, they're about as much of a curiousity as my Simplex....fun to dink around with, but not really considered as transportation.

Smylinacha
08-13-2010, 08:36 PM

OK, I don't like it anymore. That's like those Spyder copies made in Korea. Probably cheapened the cr@p out of it.

NancysToy
08-13-2010, 09:29 PM
OK, I don't like it anymore. That's like those Spyder copies made in Korea. Probably cheapened the cr@p out of it.
It is very hard not to improve on a Fifties era British bike (who's roots are in the Thirties). The Indian Enfields are actually superioir, in many ways, to the originals. I would certainly place them above the Russian Ural.