PDA

View Full Version : BRP PARTs DEPT ERRR!

bonehead
08-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Bought two 09 RS 3 months ago and bought racks for mine and now still don't have it, and will not for another month! WHAT THE HECK!!! Are they thinking in Canada.:mad: BRP people should be on the customer end of things and read the ticked off customers on here about parts and broke parts etc.... no wonder people are selling them . I know only upset people post issues on here , but where else can I slam BRP, they won't answer there phones! my son and his girl flying in from Boston and taking my spyder and the wife was taking hersand I was ridin my HD to the Smokies , been plan for two months, part was suppose to be here! EERRRRR! I couldn't imagine waiting weeks or months for repair or parts.:(:mad::mad::mad:

Lamonster
08-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Why not cancel your order and buy one on ebay?
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=spyder+rack&_sacat=See-All-Categories

caser
08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Why not cancel your order and buy one on ebay?
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=spyder+rack&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I don't think that's the point. They are slow. I've had problems like everyone else. It seems to be a commom complaint & someone @ BRP should listen and do something about it. I love my bike but would not buy another one because of this.

Lamonster
08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't think that's the point. They are slow. I've had problems like everyone else. It seems to be a commom complaint & someone @ BRP should listen and do something about it. I love my bike but would not buy another one because of this.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret, it's not always BRP, sometimes it's the dealer that has been put on credit hold because they haven't been paying their bills. I'm not saying this is the case here but it could be. As you can see there are plenty of racks to be had on ebay so how did these guys get them?

bonehead
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Good point! but that wasn't my complaint, i called BRP. and she kinda hinted it had been on back order and she didn't have a clue about release , but dealer was told late august or sept?. I bought my bike and order all the goodies and got a discount for buying two bikes and the labor, install was all in the deal? I could go E-bay but I shouldn't have to,

pierrelogic
08-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Good point! but that wasn't my complaint, i called BRP. and she kinda hinted it had been on back order and she didn't have a clue about release , but dealer was told late august or sept?. I bought my bike and order all the goodies and got a discount for buying two bikes and the labor, install was all in the deal? I could go E-bay but I shouldn't have to,

:agree:

But on the other side of the spectrum...I order my OEM tires Monday and they came in today. :dontknow:

caser
08-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm going to let you in on a little secret, it's not always BRP, sometimes it's the dealer that has been put on credit hold because they haven't been paying their bills. I'm not saying this is the case here but it could be. As you can see there are plenty of racks to be had on ebay so how did these guys get them?

Lamont, it too common a complaint to be credit problems. I've dealt with serveral dealers trying to find a good one and the parts problem seems to be the same with all of them.

fastfraser
08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I get parts ! As long as the order goes in buy Tues. they are here next Tues. Rear seals and bearings one time,wiring harness for the starter,and fender brackets under warranty with-in the week as well !

I do live in Canada about 350 miles from BRP ! But why they don't have a parts depot in the USA to save delays in customs is beyond me ! I know I would be frustrated if I Had to wait to long .

bonehead
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Alot of parts on ebay for SPYDER are Canada stores.

skeetshooter
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
When i order parts on monday i pick them up on friday.Mine comes from atlanta warehouse.

bonehead
08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
give me the number so i can order a black back rack

Lamonster
08-11-2010, 07:21 PM
give me the number so i can order a black back rack
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-CAN-AM-SPYDER-REAR-SPORT-RACK-BLACK-219400158-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ150455569906QQptZMotorcycl esQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

bonehead
08-11-2010, 08:17 PM
dealer already order from them

EricDeub
08-11-2010, 09:14 PM
They have a black rack in stock in Findlay at American Powersports 419-422-9253:D

bonehead
08-11-2010, 09:30 PM
thanks eric, Arin from Middletown was to call powersports in the am, i'll try to call in the am. Thanks man. I figured someone on here knew where one was sitting.:clap::clap: Middletown has been good to me with my Spyders. good group of guys. Service seems good so far too

EricDeub
08-11-2010, 10:08 PM
look at this if Findlay don't work out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-CAN-AM-SPYDER-REAR-SPORT-RACK-BLACK-219400158-/150455569906?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories

Justin
08-11-2010, 10:27 PM
It happens in Canada too. My rainsuit pants came in, but the Jacket in B/O till Sept. Dealer phoned and asked when I'm coming to pick up the pants? I was like WTF, the most important part is the jacket.

Raptor
08-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Look. Let's call it what it is. This is a classic case of a company that comes out with an innovative product that captures the imagination. The people buy in and respond in a manner that basically overwhelms the manufacturer, in this case BRP. They just didn't anticipate certiain things in the proper manner. Mainly, they did not do a proper ramp-up when they started actually building and selling these things. The dealer network was not firmly in place, QC was not firmly established, and the spare parts situation was an afterthought that is now really biting them hard. Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it!!

There were also certain bugs and other issues, which is not uncommon at all with a product as innovative and complex as this. But without building that margin into the business model, you end up in a situation where you cannot keep up with demand. This creates unrest and in some cases mistrust with the people who should be getting the support they deserve.

This is also a bi-product of the economic climate where companies do not have the kind of VC that that they require to build the afore mentioned margin into things. This appears to be the case here. They went in on a lean model and it is hurting them a bit now.

Having said all that, I believe that BRP is working on it. They need to do a better job, but I believe they are working on it. They still have a great product in the Spyder that people are buying every day. Heck, I bought two! I would not do that if I didn't believe in it. This means that they are building a growing customer base while trying to support those of us that adopted early on. I believe they need to grow their public presence and have more reps in the field checking the dealer network and taking on the real problem cases, which we all know there are. In other words, they need to take care of the people that put them on the map. And for God's sake put more spare parts in the supply chain!

But things will get better. They have to. If it doesn't the product will not grow because they will be in this viscious cycle and the design will become static and stale. Time will tell as to how things will play out. I for one believe!! :thumbup:

bonehead
08-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Prolly so, just a victim.

boborgera
08-12-2010, 07:31 AM
But things will get better. They have to. If it doesn't the product will not grow because they will be in this viscious cycle and the design will become static and stale. Time will tell as to how things will play out. I for one believe!! :thumbup:

:dontknow:
My Son's who had BPR products long before the Spyder was a gleam in BRP's eyes warned me that if i bought a Spyder and it needed a major part you could lose weeks of riding time waiting for that part. So this is nothing new to them, BRP is not going to change.

Justin
08-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Look. Let's call it what it is. This is a classic case of a company that comes out with an innovative product that captures the imagination. The people buy in and respond in a manner that basically overwhelms the manufacturer, in this case BRP. They just didn't anticipate certiain things in the proper manner. Mainly, they did not do a proper ramp-up when they started actually building and selling these things. The dealer network was not firmly in place, QC was not firmly established, and the spare parts situation was an afterthought that is now really biting them hard. Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it!!

There were also certain bugs and other issues, which is not uncommon at all with a product as innovative and complex as this. But without building that margin into the business model, you end up in a situation where you cannot keep up with demand. This creates unrest and in some cases mistrust with the people who should be getting the support they deserve.

This is also a bi-product of the economic climate where companies do not have the kind of VC that that they require to build the afore mentioned margin into things. This appears to be the case here. They went in on a lean model and it is hurting them a bit now.

Having said all that, I believe that BRP is working on it. They need to do a better job, but I believe they are working on it. They still have a great product in the Spyder that people are buying every day. Heck, I bought two! I would not do that if I didn't believe in it. This means that they are building a growing customer base while trying to support those of us that adopted early on. I believe they need to grow their public presence and have more reps in the field checking the dealer network and taking on the real problem cases, which we all know there are. In other words, they need to take care of the people that put them on the map. And for God's sake put more spare parts in the supply chain!

This has been going on for years with sleds and atvs. They give you a nice catalog and can't order nothing from it till 10 months after. Some of the issues is Dealers credit though.

Dudley
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Bought two 09 RS 3 months ago and bought racks for mine and now still don't have it, and will not for another month! WHAT THE HECK!!! Are they thinking in Canada.:mad: BRP people should be on the customer end of things and read the ticked off customers on here about parts and broke parts etc.... no wonder people are selling them . I know only upset people post issues on here , but where else can I slam BRP, they won't answer there phones! my son and his girl flying in from Boston and taking my spyder and the wife was taking hersand I was ridin my HD to the Smokies , been plan for two months, part was suppose to be here! EERRRRR! I couldn't imagine waiting weeks or months for repair or parts.:(:mad::mad::mad:

Did you ask your dealer to see the back order? If not, why didn't you? If you paid for the racks, you should have a copy of the order, and then the back order. It would not surprise me the dealer is just using your money.

bonehead
08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeap, when we bought the two bikes, we order all kinds of goodies all of it came in, except black back rack, BRP said it would ship the 3rd when they got back from there hiatus, and the dealed called to see if it shipped, NO,won't b releasd til late august or September.

Lamonster
08-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeap, when we bought the two bikes, we order all kinds of goodies all of it came in, except black back rack, BRP said it would ship the 3rd when they got back from there hiatus, and the dealed called to see if it shipped, NO,won't b releasd til late august or September.
I did some poking around and all the colors are good in stock except black. That should be good in stock by the end of the month.

bonehead
08-12-2010, 03:44 PM
LAMONT are they having quality issues with black.!

Lamonster
08-12-2010, 03:46 PM
LAMONT are they having quality issues with black.!
My guess is they sold better than the color matched ones because they work with all color Spyders.

ThreeWheels
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I think I may have posted elsewhere that I've finally had it with the Starcom issues.

I decided to rip out the system and I'll have the OEM system put in my RTS next week.

My dealer called me to tell me he could get all the parts in a couple of days........EXCEPT the headsets, on back-order until December.

DECEMBER ??? What the heck is that all about.

Fortunately J&M makes a compatible headset, so I'll be getting two of those.