PDA

View Full Version : AMAZED, JUST DAMN AMAZED

DSQUARE
08-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I have always ridden a Harley from the old to the new. My wife has always flip flopped about riding her own and being a passenger. She never got all the shifting and the counter steer thing down When we saw the :spyder2: a year ago we both thought they were strange yet eye catching. Move forward to this June. mY WIFE WAS ON THE "I think I want to ride" kick again. I did a hard look at the :spyder2: SE5. I was pretty impressed with the machine, especially since it was automatic, and after I test rode one, I got her to the dealership, got on a back road behind the place, let her drive it. Deal done:yes:
Now here comes the amazing part. I have alot of mechanical backgroud from Bikes to race cars to street rods, but the more I get into this bike it is a very amazing piece of machinery, that for the price is really a steal.
Every time I do something on the :spyder2: I see all the complex engineering that went into it. Although I still ride my Harley, I have no problem hoping on the :spyder2: with the Wife's permission of course and putting it through the paces. I ride it much more agressive than she does, and I still get a rush when I ride it. AMAZED, JUST DAMN AMAZED.:2thumbs:

tatt2r
08-10-2010, 12:25 PM
ain't it though:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

SpyderSteve
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
:congrats: and welcome :yes:

Raptor
08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I have always ridden a Harley from the old to the new. My wife has always flip flopped about riding her own and being a passenger. She never got all the shifting and the counter steer thing down When we saw the :spyder2: a year ago we both thought they were strange yet eye catching. Move forward to this June. mY WIFE WAS ON THE "I think I want to ride" kick again. I did a hard look at the :spyder2: SE5. I was pretty impressed with the machine, especially since it was automatic, and after I test rode one, I got her to the dealership, got on a back road behind the place, let her drive it. Deal done:yes:
Now here comes the amazing part. I have alot of mechanical backgroud from Bikes to race cars to street rods, but the more I get into this bike it is a very amazing piece of machinery, that for the price is really a steal.
Every time I do something on the :spyder2: I see all the complex engineering that went into it. Although I still ride my Harley, I have no problem hoping on the :spyder2: with the Wife's permission of course and putting it through the paces. I ride it much more agressive than she does, and I still get a rush when I ride it. AMAZED, JUST DAMN AMAZED.:2thumbs:

I'm tellin ya dude, these machines are very cool. A lot of engineering has gone into the design and manufacture of these bikes, and I,l ike you see it every time I peel back the skins to do something. That's why I have 2!

I did what you did man. I started out with the RS-S and was amazed by the SE5 tranny. Then my Wife wanted to ride her own and 14 just kind of fell into my lap. I was very lucky to get it. But get it I did, so I now ride 14 and my bride rides the RS-S. She is new to the Spyder, though not to riding bikes. And she is doing great! We are going to have some good times together on these machines, and I feel confident that they are up to the task. :thumbup:

BTW, I LOVE the show piece in your avitar. Very sweet!!

Sarge707
08-10-2010, 04:27 PM
It does make me feel better that I got a Steal of a deal.
The Spyder is a Quick machine!:firstplace:

BRPjunkie
08-10-2010, 04:43 PM

I think most everyone agrees that this is an amazing design. They did miss a few details, however, and the very complexity that defines it is what drives dealers, mechanics and home wrenchers nuts. Beyond the initial learning curve for owners, dealers and techs lies the longer term question of how reliable this design will be over time and can owners afford to keep it running after warranties expire.

AnthonyG
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
DSquare, I fell the same way with my 2009 SE-5 Spyder.
Enjoy the ride. God Bless.
Gunfighter:congrats::agree::clap::joke:

SpyderGirl
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
:congrats: and welcome to the club!! :D

Roger
08-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I have a 2010 se5 that i thought was fast but after riding my daughters new 2009 phantom sm i think hers might be quicker. :dontknow:

SpyderWolf
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
For me it just continues to get even more amazing. Still getting tons of smiles to the mile. :thumbup:

New Sharon Spyder
08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes, Another converted to three wheels. I think you will love it. I had a regular bike for most of my young adult life but as the kids and life came along I have not had a bike for about 25 years. Now the kids have moved on my wife and I love our 2010 RT. We ride about 6,000 miles a year even up here in Maine. Welcome Spyder Rider. Hope you love it as much as we do.:2thumbs:

pauly1
08-10-2010, 08:34 PM
.... Although I still ride my Harley, I have no problem hoping on the :spyder2: with the Wife's permission of course and putting it through the paces. I ride it much more agressive than she does, and I still get a rush when I ride it. AMAZED, JUST DAMN AMAZED.:2thumbs:

Couldn't agree with you more. What I find almost as amazing is riding and observing from behind the Spyder: the finger pointing (she got the finger), the gauking (she got the look), and watching people crank their heads as the Spyder drives past them is darn right entertaining.:clap:

And they are rare, or at least apparently in all areas of rydyng we've done in the past 2 years. (MN, IA, MO, AR, LA, TX, OK, KS, NE, SD, ND, MT, WY, CO, NM, WI, IL, OH, KY, WV, VA, TN, GA, AL, MS, SC, NC) Aside from the Spyders in the Smoky Mountains rally last fall, we've seen no more than 3 on the road in 30K miles; an RT in IA, a GS in CO, and a GS in MN. No wonder she get's all of the attention.

First and foremost, be safe! And then enjoy in the heck out of it!!!welcome

Wayne

biker1
08-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Get a lot of pointing of fingers, but almost always with a wave and a smile. Glad also to have the three wheels because it has slowed me in danger areas, for example passing out lines of traffic at maybe not the safest time,, now I have to wait just like everyone else. That does not mean that the throttle does not get wound the same way on better roads.
Enjoy.

moabgirl
08-11-2010, 12:38 PM
We started out with my 2009 SM5 in March of 2010; just bought husband's 2010 SE5 last week. We frequently ride through the desert roads at night out here. I love to hear other stories of the :spyder2: bringing together other couples/families.We wanted an activity we could do together and sports are definitely out! The Spyder is joy we can share.

We are, flat out, having the time of our life!

SpyderGirl
08-11-2010, 12:49 PM
We started out with my 2009 SM5 in March of 2010; just bought husband's 2010 SE5 last week. We frequently ride through the desert roads at night out here. I love to hear other stories of the :spyder2: bringing together other couples/families.We wanted an activity we could do together and sports are definitely out! The Spyder is joy we can share.

We are, flat out, having the time of our life!

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!! :2thumbs:

We became a two Spyder family about 3 weeks ago. It is definitely a hobby we both enjoy together. Moabgirl, I hope you and your hubby can make the trip out to Arizona on the 29th to do the Highway 89A / Sedona ride. I have shortened the ride so that others who have to work on Monday can partake. :doorag:

canam9
08-11-2010, 01:33 PM
:2thumbs: :ani29: