PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Users

patches
08-09-2010, 06:31 AM
No doubt your love for the CANAM Spyder is deep. I am in the process of finishing up a theme for us IPHONE users. This theme will be free once I get it done but because of the crap you have to go through to get it in the apple store, right now, it will only be available to those that have jailbroke thier devices.
Now the cool part. I am in the proccess of writing a Spyder app. Not going to give away all the features just yet but would like to ask, what kind of features would you like in an app for the spyder. The one I am working on right now is a spyder locator. This can be used to locate other spyders that allow the location service to be turned on and activated to find each other. There is some red tape I have to go through to get such feature to work but it is close.
Just let me know what other features you think should be added.

Thanks,
Chris

Lamonster
08-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Dealer locater would be cool to have in the app. I have the PDF file now but a app would be better, maybe drop a pin from your location to the dealer. :thumbup:

docdoru
08-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Speed traps...:shocked:

Lamonster
08-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Speed traps...:shocked:
http://www.trapster.com/

patches
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeap, that one is already in there right now. Trapster is the best free one out there for right lights. I didn't want to make an app that stayed running, too many already do that and suck down the battery. Just something you can take a look at from time to time.
Lamont, any issues putting the Spyderlovers forums in there as well. It will use the forums reader "Tapas" I think it is called you already have setup for this site.
It will just be a link viewer type thing.

Lamonster
08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeap, that one is already in there right now. Trapster is the best free one out there for right lights. I didn't want to make an app that stayed running, too many already do that and suck down the battery. Just something you can take a look at from time to time.
Lamont, any issues putting the Spyderlovers forums in there as well. It will use the forums reader "Tapas" I think it is called you already have setup for this site.
It will just be a link viewer type thing.No problem, the app is Tapatalk

patches
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
haha..funny. TAPAS are a Spanish meal...wow..way too much time traveling here lately. Maybe I can travel more so I can get this app done.
Another feature, top 20 answeres to questions about the spyder. Just incase you get stuck on one..lol.

Also a maintenance calender.

The dealer one is the real hard one since it changes from time to time. I have to manually enter in the addresses right now, I can't find a good method to program the data I have into something readable table. PIA I say. It will get done..no worries.

tatt2r
08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.trapster.com/

GOD BLESS TECHNOLOGY :2thumbs:

kentompkins
08-09-2010, 06:02 PM
How about things like relay part numbers, oil type and weights, tire psi, error codes, etc. -- the sort of info found here on this forum and, sometimes, in the Manual?

kt

Littlebadwolf
08-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Thinking BRP should be able to provide files of dealers and locations so that you can download updates...not really sensitive data.

bjt
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
A lot of good ideas but why not go the extra mile and make it a legal app. Most folks won't be able to take advantage of it. Also I'm sure most would not mind paying a reasonable price for it. Nothing wrong with making a little $$ for your time and trouble.

I don't think he said he wasn't going to put it in the app store, just that it will take longer because of Apple's requirements to provide apps through the app store.

patches
08-10-2010, 08:19 AM
The plan is to put it in the apple store for the app. However, things like themes are very hard to get approved as there are a million of them out there. The Spyder App will, it does take up to 4 months to get approved. Until then, it will be available to those that have jailbroken thier phones since it is the only way to get an app installed and hosted without going through Apple. In due time.
Yes, I also have a list of normal parts one would need on a ride. I can't do the manual. BRP already told me no.

Clicker1944
08-10-2010, 08:30 AM
How about making it available for Droid too.:pray:

bjt
08-10-2010, 04:59 PM
That was my point. It will only be available to those whole have "jail broke" their iPhone. If it is submitted to Apple and made a legal app more of us would be able to take advantage of it. It is a great idea and I would like to have access to it but I'm not going break into my software to acquire and use it.

:dontknow: He is making it available on the app store but it takes time to get approved by Apple...

altonk
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
A skidpad and gps logging

biker1
08-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Well, when in a town or city, bike parked. I get a group of the same questions when I park. When I return to the bike I get the same questions again, maybe a couple of times.
What about an app that I can show curious strangers, with all the info about the Spyder on one easy to view page.
Would pay !! :ani29:

altonk
08-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Ip based push to talk intercom

Questions
08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Android is a lot easier to write for and get on the Android Market so people don't have to "root" (android) or "jailbreak" (apple) their phones to use your app. I'm a former iphone user, but the android is more useable.

patches
08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Working on all the request, keep them coming.
Right now, my skill set is geared towards the IPHONE SDK but I will need to look up the other platforms and see how I can port an app over. I have an Iphone so that is my target right now and my hope is to not require the app to be jailbroken to provide to our group. Getting both platforms to play with each other "PTT" type functions is generally not an easy thing to do but I have some ideas. The problem is cross carrier functions and requirements. This is the PIA.