PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dam Users Question?

Dubaian
08-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I wanted to put the missing dam but the adhesive states that its flammable.. and you know when the bike gets high in temperature, the radiator gets extremely hot.. am worried the adhesive would cause maybe a fire or will make the adhesive burn?

just worried any thoughts?

BajaRon
08-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I wanted to put the missing dam but the adhesive states that its flammable.. and you know when the bike gets high in temperature, the radiator gets extremely hot.. am worried the adhesive would cause maybe a fire or will make the adhesive burn?

I think the warning is for the liquid, uncured state when applied. Though it will probably burn when cured it isn't going to be a problem at temperatures it will see in your engine compartment. It will be no more flammable than other components already in your engine compartment.

Sny
08-08-2010, 10:00 PM
:agree:

Hasn't caught fire yet

irish2themax
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM

I have over 7,000 miles on mine...no problems

WackyDan
08-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Yup... The sealant is at risk of flames only when wet out of the tube. Once it is cured, it would take direct flame to ignite it, or heat much higher than what is found on the radiator to ignite it.

No worries.

boborgera
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Yup... The sealant is at risk of flames only when wet out of the tube. Once it is cured, it would take direct flame to ignite it, or heat much higher than what is found on the radiator to ignite it.

No worries.

:agree:Once it cure's, not to worry':thumbup: