PDA

View Full Version : ride-on

texasride
08-08-2010, 02:50 PM
just wanted all to know put the ride-on in the :spyder2: on sat did as the inst said and it work perfectly:clap:took ride today and it could not have handle better. So nice to get a product and it does as it claims if you dont have it get some will save you for sure.:thumbup::yes:

TexasTripod
08-08-2010, 03:40 PM
I put a stiffer sway-bar on my Spyder and was getting a lot of tire bounce from 58m.p.h. to 68m.p.h. Local shops would not balance my front tires so I went with the Ride-On with no wheel weights. Problem solved and I like the added puncture resistance.

SpyderWolf
08-08-2010, 03:42 PM
just wanted all to know put the ride-on in the :spyder2: on sat did as the inst said and it work perfectly:clap:took ride today and it could not have handle better. So nice to get a product and it does as it claims if you dont have it get some will save you for sure.:thumbup::yes:

:congrats:

Mine should be here this week for both of our Spyders.

Blinc
08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Don't forget to use Lamoster's code to get the discount!
Pretty simple job providing you have an air compressor

I put it in my wifes :spyder2: yesterday, ran it for about 8 miles, now feels pretty smooth.

BajaRon
08-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Also helps to run 18~20 psi in the front and 28~32 psi in the rear. Gives you better steering, tire wear and (theoretically) better fuel mileage.

Stock tire pressures are too low. I assume to give a softer ride. But truthfully, I'm having so much fun with better handling and tire wear that I don't even notice if the ride has changed.

ThreeFeet
08-09-2010, 01:09 PM
OK folks!! I'm dumb where do you get that stuff!!!???

Lamonster
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/../rideon.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19153)

canam9
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Also helps to run 18~20 psi in the front and 28~32 psi in the rear. Gives you better steering, tire wear and (theoretically) better fuel mileage.

Stock tire pressures are too low. I assume to give a softer ride. But truthfully, I'm having so much fun with better handling and tire wear that I don't even notice if the ride has changed.
:agree: :ani29:

3Ryder
08-09-2010, 02:04 PM

Did you use the auto or motorcycle formula? Although the RT uses special motorcycle types, the inner profile (especially in the rear) is more akin to an auto tire. Just wondering which to use.

jmaynard1986
08-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Did you use the auto or motorcycle formula? Although the RT uses special motorcycle types, the inner profile (especially in the rear) is more akin to an auto tire. Just wondering which to use.

I read in another thread that it was recommended to use the auto/suv package...

The exact amts for fronts and rear were listed, by Lamonster I believe...

teacherbob
08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Use the Automotive formula for the Spyder.

wyliec
08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Use the Automotive formula for the Spyder.

I've read on previous posts here that the difference between the two is the size of the bottle; the formula is the same.

SpyderWolf
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM
A word of caution, in other words don't do what I did! :gaah:

When you remove the valve stem from the rear tire, do not place it on the swing arm. While it looks like a great spot to set it, in order not to lose it, the valve stem is small enough to fall between the fear fender support bracket and the swing arm. The only way to get it out is to take off the lower belt guard, and then loosen the rear fender bracket. By the way, the Torx screws held onto the rear of the belt guard have a 10mm nut behind them. :opps:

I got the Ride-On in the tires now, but thunderstorms started popping up so we are going to have to wait for the test ryde.