PDA

View Full Version : Brake Squeal/Issues Under Warranty

murphybrown
08-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Just returned from getting warranty work done on my Spyder. Dealer said that if the brakes are noisy and you have 4000k or less, then BRP will replace under warranty. He also said there is NOT a bulletin out on this. So noisy brakes, under 4000K...head to your dealer for replacement.

BajaRon
08-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Just returned from getting warranty work done on my Spyder. Dealer said that if the brakes are noisy and you have 4000k or less, then BRP will replace under warranty. He also said there is NOT a bulletin out on this. So noisy brakes, under 4000K...head to your dealer for replacement.

Maybe I've missed something but previous posts I've read say it is not a warranty issue but owner preference.

Not that some dealers have not replaced the pads for free, but I'm not sure it fixes the problem permanantely either.

rnet
08-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Had mine replaced under warrentee just before americade. I think this program has been out about 2 months, pads only, no labor, but my did it anyway for free. ( different type of pad, still squeals a little)

BajaRon
08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
My understanding is they are swapping out Organic pads for the Semi-Metalic pads that came stock. You give up some stopping performance with Organic but they tend to make less noise.

I'm going to try the CRC brake quiet product. You apply it to the back of the pad. The noise comes from the pads vibrating at high frequency. This stuff is supposed to dampen the vibration and kill the squeal. I've never tried this before but I have used similar products and it does work.

One thing I like about it is you just apply it once. You don't have to keep spraying or cleaning everytime it starts squeaking again.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XCS6BC19L._SL500_AA300_.gif