PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Windshield??

Eddie
08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&User_ID=3346736&st=4641&st2=-38533108&st3=67975299&Product_ID=2381&CATID=9&Product=Can-Am-Spyder-Replacement-Windshield

I currently have the one for the risers on mine. Just installed it today. Seems to do good even at high speed. But' what is bothering me is i notice how it flexes at low speed on turns and other misc. Like bumps. How many are / have been running this style and how long have you had it trouble free. Seems they do not have enough bracing to me. :dontknow: just looking for more input thanks ED

Eddie
08-06-2010, 09:26 PM
So I take it I'm the only one with one of these windshields??

musicarcade
08-06-2010, 09:32 PM
So I take it I'm the only one with one of these windshields??
First time I've seen it!:popcorn:

Florida Rev
08-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Educate me, please. Why would the shield be cut out if the risers bring the handlebars away from the front and back toward the rider?

Eddie
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Educate me, please. Why would the shield be cut out if the risers bring the handlebars away from the front and back toward the rider?

YEP that was my ? also. But' now that I have it installed it is no longer a ? LOL When you turn sharp if the windshield was not cut out.You would not make that turn. My hands go thru the cut out portion on sharp turns. Believe me it has to be there. But' I absolutely love this windshield. It really works good and has no issues at 90mph I tested it. :2thumbs:

Raptor
08-06-2010, 11:58 PM
YEP that was my ? also. But' now that I have it installed it is no longer a ? LOL When you turn sharp if the windshield was not cut out.You would not make that turn. My hands go thru the cut out portion on sharp turns. Believe me it has to be there. But' I absolutely love this windshield. It really works good and has no issues at 90mph I tested it. :2thumbs:

That is an interesting piece. Dude that shield is huge!! I run this little sport tour job on 14 and it's solid as a rock. The RS-S has a BRP Ultra Touring shield and it's totally stable as well at any speed or angle. The flexing would concern me a bit, but look at that thing; it's huge!! :D

Eddie
08-07-2010, 12:22 AM
That is an interesting piece. Dude that shield is huge!! I run this little sport tour job on 14 and it's solid as a rock. The RS-S has a BRP Ultra Touring shield and it's totally stable as well at any speed or angle. The flexing would concern me a bit, but look at that thing; it's huge!! :D

I look just over the top of it. Wind hits my forehead. If it starts raining all I gotta do is duck down a tad. I was really worried about the flexing but' it seems to be really stable at high speeds. Its nice at night and late eves between the corn fields/ No creepy crawlers landing on my head or in my glasses.:D Look at my smile :D NO MORE BUGS!!! :yes:

Trickie Dick
08-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Huge duds use huge windshields. Maybe he wants to use the windshield for what it's intended...Break the wind:dontknow:

Raptor
08-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Huge duds use huge windshields. Maybe he wants to use the windshield for what it's intended...Break the wind:dontknow:

HA!! A good point indeed Sir! :roflblack: I have to admit that when I was riding the RS-S I did enjoy having that taller windshield on there. Now that my Wife has that one and I'm on 14 I naturally assume a more sport posture for anything over 80. I don't mind though; in fact I prefer it because I feel more connected to the machine. I end up riding the technical stuff much better as a result. That's just me though and how my brain works!

Don't get me wrong though; it's not that I didn't like that shield. I think it looks pretty darn good. Just haven't seen one like that before.

Eddie
08-07-2010, 07:50 PM

Actually the wind isn't the problem. Its those creepy crawlers that smack you in the face a million at a time when you go by fields. Then they just seem to hang out, Greece up your glasses and crawl all thru your hair. Let alone when your driving down the road and one gets under your glasses and starts crawling around.:shocked: That just SUCKS!! Then of coarse you don't want to forget about those Jap. Beetles that just about knock you off your bike. You know?? The ones that you have to check to see if your bleeding or not??

pierrelogic
08-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Beetles that just about knock you off your bike. You know?? The ones that you have to check to see if your bleeding or not??

I think the June bugs pack a bigger punch. :roflblack:

NancysToy
08-07-2010, 09:41 PM
:agree: :roflblack:

Eddie
08-08-2010, 12:20 AM

Yep its a toss up

Sny
08-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I have to say I enjoy the big juicy ones that splatter over half your visor... I watch them smear about in the wind making funny lines all over... like they're trying to spell out a secret message just for me...

err... then I wipe it off and go back to staring at the lines on the pavement.

I swear they're not all the same length... like they're trying to spell out something in morse code...

Raptor
08-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Actually the wind isn't the problem. Its those creepy crawlers that smack you in the face a million at a time when you go by fields. Then they just seem to hang out, Greece up your glasses and crawl all thru your hair. Let alone when your driving down the road and one gets under your glasses and starts crawling around.:shocked: That just SUCKS!! Then of coarse you don't want to forget about those Jap. Beetles that just about knock you off your bike. You know?? The ones that you have to check to see if your bleeding or not??

That doesn't sound fun! I never even tought about the bug factor. It all makes sence now!! Well, I hope the shield works for you. I would think that just a little flexing would not be a huge deal, epecially given the size of that thing It's huge!! :roflblack: Now I get why!!