PDA

View Full Version : ride-on

texasride
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
tech question now that i have the ride-on for my tires here is the question the tires have about 1,250 miles on them, should i remove the weights or just put the ride-on in and let it do its thing. Bikle is only 2 half months old so the tires are very new for sure.:spyder2::dontknow::helpsmilie:

ps. should i do one tire at a time or all three at same time as far as letting the air out.

spydercarl
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I have heard of both removing and leaving the weights on. I left mine on and have no vibration at all. If it were me I would try leaving them on and then if you have any vibrations remove them. Since the ride on doesn't really solidify, no reason I can think of not to do all three at the same time.

fastfraser
08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Add the Ride On and leave the weights. The Ride -On will balance the tires but it's main function is to prevent leaks from punctures !

texasride
08-04-2010, 03:45 PM
thanks for the information it wil haelp a lot ride safe and often:spyder2::2thumbs:

Raptor
08-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Add the Ride On and leave the weights. The Ride -On will balance the tires but it's main function is to prevent leaks from punctures !

:agree: Especially if the tires were just put on and/or you know they are new and in good balance. Others have come to the point where they need tires and then take the weights off and leave them off and let the Ride-on do it's thing. This is what I have read...

BajaRon
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
:agree: Especially if the tires were just put on and/or you know they are new balanced. Others have come to the point where they need tires and then take the weights off and leave them off and let the Ride-on do it's thing. This is what I have read...

Exactly. Existing tires, leave the weight. New tire, remove the weight.

I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference but I do one complete tire at a time. That way I'm done with that tire when I move on to the next. Helps me be sure I don't forget something. (not that it ever happens) :yikes: Anyone got some spare coolant? :gaah: