PDA

View Full Version : Oh Honda of Tulsa

Dochands
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Waiting 5 1/2 hours for this dealer to try and install a wiring harness we couldn't get done last Friday. Just was patient assuming I was not waiting in vain since I was told to come in.

And they never got to me and I had to go even though I was told to come back on yesterday after their failure Friday.

Is there another dealer within 200 miles of Tulsa? This is getting really stupid.

I did talk to the manager and he was nice about it. I told him if Spyders are what they are selling the most of maybe its time to certify another mechanic.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone there is very nice but the owners won't pony up and improve their overworked and understaffed service area. This was my concern about the Spyder. All service is done in shops that work on Hondas, Seadoos, ATVs, lawnmowers and lastly the Spyder. Don't like being at the bottom of the pecking order. :gaah:

Firefly
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
What harness are they installing?

Mo Lee
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Waiting 5 1/2 hours for this dealer to try and install a wiring harness we couldn't get done last Friday. Just was patient assuming I was not waiting in vain since I was told to come in.

And they never got to me and I had to go even though I was told to come back on yesterday after their failure Friday.

Is there another dealer within 200 miles of Tulsa? This is getting really stupid.

I did talk to the manager and he was nice about it. I told him if Spyders are what they are selling the most of maybe its time to certify another mechanic.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone there is very nice but the owners won't pony up and improve their overworked and understaffed service area. This was my concern about the Spyder. All service is done in shops that work on Hondas, Seadoos, ATVs, lawnmowers and lastly the Spyder. Don't like being at the bottom of the pecking order. :gaah:
Add another 100 miles to the radius, and I know a good one!

Dochands
08-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I know about that one and boy it is getting tempting. Especially when it cools down a bit. Had a great friend near there but we just had a horrendous fight. Maybe I need to make up with her.

And the harness was part of my Garmin fiasco requiring the new harness despite two emails and three calls. Garmin needs to learn their own products.

curly
08-06-2010, 05:38 AM
I bought mine from M&W Powersports in Broken Arrow. Haven't had all that much experience with their shop yet, but when I went in to pick up a trim piece (they scavenged it for another spyder that lost it during a test drive) they suggested doing my 600 mile check. They did this on a Saturday without an appointment in about an hour. No muss or fuss.

If you do go outside of Tulsa do NOT go to Bradford Marine in Sprindale AR. I have had two horrible experiences with them. Took mine in a couple of weeks ago told them I had 2 problems. One was the bouncing fuel gauge, the other was the rear shock loosing air. I called them 2 days later they tried to tell me the fuel gauge was normal, and my RT didn't have a rear air shock. I doubt they even turned the bike on much less looked for any problem.

docdoru
08-06-2010, 05:45 AM
I bought mine from M&W Powersports in Broken Arrow. Haven't had all that much experience with their shop yet, but when I went in to pick up a trim piece (they scavenged it for another spyder that lost it during a test drive) they suggested doing my 600 mile check. They did this on a Saturday without an appointment in about an hour. No muss or fuss.

If you do go outside of Tulsa do NOT go to Bradford Marine in Sprindale AR. I have had two horrible experiences with them. Took mine in a couple of weeks ago told them I had 2 problems. One was the bouncing fuel gauge, the other was the rear shock loosing air. I called them 2 days later they tried to tell me the fuel gauge was normal, and my RT didn't have a rear air shock. I doubt they even turned the bike on much less looked for any problem.
welcome

retired1
08-06-2010, 08:50 AM
welcome!

AnthonyG
08-06-2010, 11:24 AM
:agree:I have had poor service from Bradford's in Springdale.

canam9
08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I feel your pain!:gaah: And to the new guywelcome :ani29:

Questions
08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
:2thumbs:Have had my 08 SM5 into the shop in Sherwood AR and got GREAT service both times. Didn't purchase it there but had a DPS failure on the way back from purchase in Dallas and they had it replaced in 2 days. Never any BS from the service manager. I highly recommed this dealer, of course he has sold over 200 Spyders and this is one of his flagship dealerships.